Lactic Acid Peel Instructions HERE!!
Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 Last

Thread: Lactic Acid Peel Instructions HERE!!

Lactic Acid Peel Instructions HERE!!

Recently I've gotten quite a few messages about how to apply lactic acid peels. I just thought I would post the instructions from makeupartistschoice dot com. This is where I originally got my LA peels from and the instructions were excellent. I added in a couple of extra notes.

Also, BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY PEEL, please perform a patch test to make sure you are note allergic. Apply peel to inside of wrist or side of chin and wait for 24 hours to see if you have any reaction.

Here we go...

How to use:

Prep your skin with our pH prep solution (included). - you can also use a baking soda mixture.
    Allow it to dry completely.
    Apply Lactic Acid serum to skin for 3-7 minutes. Newbies should start with 1-2 mins tops!
    Rinse off with soap and water.
    Rebalance with pH prep solution.
    Dry skin completely.
    Some pinkness of the skin may be noticeable post-peel or a warm feeling to the skin. This is normal.
    Use sunscreen or a makeup with SPF factor post-peel.
    Recommended usage: once or twice a week.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

when u said prep ur skin with baking road u mean put baking soda on our skin let it dry??

sorry I'm du,b lol

You should never 'prep' with baking soda because it would make the acid ineffective

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

^^Thanks Sol...

Sorry, it's been a long day lol...I mean NEUTRALIZE with the baking soda mixture AFTER you rinse off the peel.

This is a mixture of just baking soda and water.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

how many days exactly should i stop using glytone lotion before doing LA peel? and after how long can i use glytone again?

and also! if I'm using glytone would la be important :/

i have a huge 500ml bottle of 88% and i so wanna use it !!

I would stop any exfoliant at least 24 hrs before and after the peel...

i'll just add that you can prep your skin before a peel with an included pH prep solution or using rubbing alcohol. i've also heard witch hazel works well before a peel.

Great post Layla but can i also add to always follow the instructions that come with the peel, if there are no instructions then this guide is the next best thing.

Also peels should be applied to cleansed skin

does the same goes for body skin ? i mean 2-3 minutes only ?

i have a very thick skin from keratosis pilaris ( keratin plugs ) .. do u think i should
    keep it on my legs for longer ?

is it ok if i apply a streoid cream after neutralizing ??

thnx laylaaaaaaaaaaaa <3

Hey vanilla, for your very first peel I really wouldn't leave it on anywhere longer than 2-3 mins TOPS just b/c you never know what can burn you, better safe than sorry. You can always up it next time around.

What kind of steroid cream is it...just being nosey lol. I wait 24 hrs b4 and after peel w/ exfoliating products but I don't know about a steroid cream, I'd probably just wait the 24 hrs just to be safe but others please give your opinion!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements