Skin Care Talk banner

Perfume on skin or clothes?

105K views 39 replies 36 participants last post by  abiosises 
#1 ·
Ohh...this is an age old battle.
perfume on skin, anyday...

#33 ·
Spray on my clothes simply because my skin is sensitive if I do apply to skin I usually only do my wrist. ;( I love the roll on perfume I got from bath and body works though ugh it's my favorite scent.

#34 ·
I like the perfume on scarf idea that dorka posted earlier. You have to be careful with cashmere, though- no perfume on that, it will harm it. Otherwise I love it everywhere on my body- gotta hit all those pulse points!

#35 ·
I have a love affair with perfume. Application depends on the concentration & fragrance. EDC, many many sprays. EDP, one spray to chest, then depending on the strength a spray to my lower back & a spray behind my knees. Don't own any EDTs. Pure perfume oil, one drop spread between carotid, brachial & popliteal pulse points. I'm a handwasher -- not OCD, just conscientious -- so applying fragrance to my wrist only allows me to enjoy the perfume until the next handwash. I do have two sets of elephant hair bracelets that get conditioned with pure myrrh or oud before I wear them, allowing me to push them out of the way when I wash & then sit around the pulse-point & exude fragrance otherwise. Almost always on skin, though. Unless you're wearing something boringly (IMO) linear half the magic is how the scent unfolds on your skin & how it becomes uniquely you by interacting with your skin chemistry. There are exceptions, though. Citrus & other volatile oils smell good for an hour or so before they burn off & my skin inexplicably eats others so they have to be sprayed on my undershirt.

This whole alcohol-hyperpigmentation connexion worries me. I've been researching without success, does anyone have any reliable sources that indicate using alcohol topically contributes to hyperpigmentation? I've been using alcohol based toners for ages. Now I'm staring at my dispenser suspiciously, wondering if it has contributed to my perma-tan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.