Skin Care Talk banner

Lips! Lips! Lips!

105K views 105 replies 39 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
So as my skin gets brighter I've been working on my lips too. I have a naturally dark brown upper lip and a pink lower lip -which I love - makes me look liplined from the 80s

But I figured as skin got lighter the difference would be drastic, what I've been doing:

At night
LA cream concentrating on the darker bits leave for 10 mins then coat with vaseline.
when washing face I use my flannel to gently scrub the dead skin.

My lips are pink, the top is still pinkish-brown but although I want it a bit lighter I don't really want that to change.

During the day
I got this recommended by Toffee and its the bees knees. I use it on my cheek too.

Just thought I'd share, what are you guys doing to yours?

See less See more
#99 ·
I suppose skin lightening can get tiring. The journey is tough and it’s a real struggle to get to your goal while avoiding nasties and not having all the tell tale bleachers signs.
I think most people might be taking a break.
I have only just started again too

#101 ·
@2toned , my post was in response to you asking why SCT wasn’t as lively as it used to be

As for lips,I have a dark upper lip too, very pink lower with which looks like I have lined it with a brown pencil. The only thing that helped to lighten my top lip and make the lower uniform is clinic gel.Bleached it. I stopped using it because it was suspected to have mercury.

Tried carotis gel! too strong. Lightened my lips but left it cracked and painful..
I think I might try carotis cream and update you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.