25lbs in a month, seriously...!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 Last

Thread: 25lbs in a month, seriously...!

25lbs in a month, seriously...!

I read an online article on www.debramoorhead.com/blog, explaining how she lost 25lbs in 1 month. And after reading, it made sence to me how easy (sorta) it is to lose without starvation.

Now, I don't think she discovered anything new, but it was something I haven't heard of lately. Ok, to sum it up she learned that if she wanted to "weigh 123lbs then she must consume the amount of calories necessary to sustain a body at 123lbs." Basicly you eat as if you were 123lbs (ex:1,560 calories) regardless of what your current weight is. She knew what her natural weight should have been, eventually her cravings vanished, stomach stranked, so it felt normal to consume that amount of food... Let me add, once she knew what her daily calorie intake should be, she divided by how many meals a day she eats. (ex: 1,560 calories a day divided by 3 meals a day = 520 calories a meal)

SO, has anyone done this?.... Instead of eating less calories to just lose a few pounds or more, you calculated what your goal weight is to be permantly, and ate accordantly to that weight if you were currently carrying it.

Overall, I thought that was a genius idea Plus everyone can participate with, or without exercise

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Wow. This is amazing, it's almost like it should be common knowledge! I've tried many things to lose weight, from one extreme to the next. I honestly thought I would always have to continue my deprived, crazy, diet lifestyle forever. My weight is constantly yo-yoing every few days, and it's driving me insane.

So I'm going to try this today and keep track of all my calories and progress. Maybe I can eat normal meals again and still get down to my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareha View Post
    Wow. This is amazing, it's almost like it should be common knowledge! I've tried many things to lose weight, from one extreme to the next. I honestly thought I would always have to continue my deprived, crazy, diet lifestyle forever. My weight is constantly yo-yoing every few days, and it's driving me insane.

So I'm going to try this today and keep track of all my calories and progress. Maybe I can eat normal meals again and still get down to my goal.
    Kareha, that is exactly what this woman did. She mentioned how easy it was to keep track of her calories instead of the major constant calorie counting thing which in my opinion gets tiring after awhile.
    Yeah, give it a try and Report back! Let me add, if your eating tons of sugar or foods you know isn't good for you, I suggest you cut back on them although you can still enjoy once in awhile. Healthy eating is still very important.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

If I calculate this, I keep "breaking" the BMI calculators on the web.

What is a "normal" weight for a med-frame, 5'9" woman? I am trying for 125 lbs.
    Still thinking about a new regimen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Monocled Penguin View Post
    If I calculate this, I keep "breaking" the BMI calculators on the web.

What is a "normal" weight for a med-frame, 5'9" woman? I am trying for 125 lbs.
    Lol.....That's a hard one, cuz woman carry weight differently, which will determine how much weight to lose or gain. Ex: Im 5'3 and my normal/healthy weight is between 115-120lbs tops. Anything higher than that won't look so good on me and it will cause my pressure to rise.

So, it depends how it looks/feels on your body. Remember your not just aiming to be small as you can get, your aiming to be healthy/looking.

I did some research to answer your question ideally between 125lbs-142lbs. So you might be in the middle if your medium frame.

I am just going to go w/ this lady's 1560 and some serious exercise.
    Still thinking about a new regimen ...

Losing 6.25 lbs a week is a great achievement! Remember however not all of it would be fat weight, it would probably be 2lbs fat and the rest water and muscle tissue. Using free weights and other types of resistance training will help preserve muscle tissue during weight loss, give a more toned and shapely appearance and improvement in general overall health.

In my experience, the best way to lose weight is through calorie restriction (not too low though) and exercise in the form of resistance and cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocled Penguin View Post
    I am just going to go w/ this lady's 1560 and some serious exercise.
    Your Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Losing 6.25 lbs a week is a great achievement! Remember however not all of it would be fat weight, it would probably be 2lbs fat and the rest water and muscle tissue. Using free weights and other types of resistance training will help preserve muscle tissue during weight loss, give a more toned and shapely appearance and improvement in general overall health.

In my experience, the best way to lose weight is through calorie restriction (not too low though) and exercise in the form of resistance and cardio.
    Abyss, your right and thats what the lady did. Also Exercising while losing weight is a great thing, if any, you will lose faster if you add weight training to the mix. Also you must be realistic/honest about this approach.

Overall, its better to look good naked than to be just skinny. cuz there are many fat skinny people out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Overall, its better to look good naked than to be just skinny. cuz there are many fat skinny people out there as well.
    LOL fat skinny is what I'm trying to avoid! Lift weights and lose body fat = beach body

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements