Sunscreen for sensitive skin? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: Sunscreen for sensitive skin?

Update on Pratima Neem Vetiver Body Sunscreen 30 SPF, used on face: Came home, washed face, applied moisturizer and then the Pratima. This is really nice, and it doesn't look or feel as if I applied anything additional, after 30 minutes or so. It is more matte than the DeVita, as others have said.

One note: I had a VI peel (which is medium depth) last Wednesday so my skin is extra sensitive right now (for me). Neither product seems to be a problem - no itching or burning.

The DeVita has a very mild sweet scent - to me, like marshmallows or cotton candy. The Pratima has a very mild earthy/herbal scent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have tried a good variety of physical (and chemical...yes, I admit it...) sunscreens over the last few years.

My all time favorites are:

Marie Veronique (MVO) Moisturizing Face screen SPF 30
    Pratima (both the face and body versions...thanks Fawnie!!)

I've tried Devita (face and body), Burnout (all variations), Badger and many more and these two are by far the best. The MVO can be tinted and doubles as foundation - lots of good oils, few chemicals, so it's gentle. The Pratima is not tinted, but has great ingredients. Either would be suitable for sensitive skin.

Pratima Neem Rose for face is nice for dry/sensitive skin as it has rose in it.

Devita stings my skin for some reason.

Marie Veronique Organics has too much oil for my normal skin even and causes breakouts for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Sun Protection Factor, or SPF, is a measure of how effectively the sunscreen’s formula limits UV-B exposure and is printed right on the front of the container. A sunscreen’s SPF number effectively means how much longer you can stay in the Sun compared to not wearing any sunscreen at all. For instance, SPF 15 means you would be able to stay in the Sun 15 times longer and SPF 30 means you would be able to stay 30 times longer. As an example, if you normally burn without sunscreen in 30 minutes, proper use of a SPF 15 sunblock would mean you could remain in the sun for 30 min x 15 = 450 minutes before burning.

Thanks.
    However:

**SPF ratings are calculated based on an amount of radiation that is controlled and measured, NOT time spent in the sun. As the amount of radiation from the sun varies due to geographic location, weather conditions and even time of day, it is impossible to say with any certainty how much, or little, more exposure sunscreen will actually protect against.

**External factors impact upon an individualâ€s level of protection from radiation, such as skin type, amount and frequency of application and re-application of sunscreen, activities of the individual (swimming, sweating, etc) and the amount of sunscreen actually absorbed by the skin.

**SPF ratings can not, by design, measure or refer to UVA radiation, as the rating is achieved by the observation of surface skin damage, or sunburn, in which UVA radiation does not play a part.
    Sunscreen; Sun Protection Factor (SPF) | Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals news and discussion blog

So its tricky. I am going by the % of zinc oxide in my SS now, and look for at least 18% or higher. This seems to work for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Another vote for Pratima (another thanks to Fawnie!) and their body sunscreen also being suitable for the face, even on sensitive, post-peel skin.

This whole post ties in with a question I had-for either zinc oxide or titanium dioxide what is the rough equivalent SPF. For example, would 18% zinc oxide approximately equal SPF 15, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Asha07 View Post
    Another vote for Pratima (another thanks to Fawnie!) and their body sunscreen also being suitable for the face, even on sensitive, post-peel skin.

This whole post ties in with a question I had-for either zinc oxide or titanium dioxide what is the rough equivalent SPF. For example, would 18% zinc oxide approximately equal SPF 15, etc.?
    Pratima says their SSs are = spf 30 on their website.

Anymore tips for sunscreens for dry/sensitive skin?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyLoveAffair View Post
    Anymore tips for sunscreens for dry/sensitive skin?
    KrazyLoveAffair great to see you , have you ever read the huge sunscreen thread that we have here? If not you should, there are several great sunscreens you can try for sensitive skin. Lots of reviews given on that thread, and plenty of sunscreens you could try. https://www.skincaretalk.com/t/22647/zinc-oxide-physical-sunscreen-list
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements