Anyone who knows lemongrass EO?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Anyone who knows lemongrass EO?

Anyone who knows lemongrass EO?

Together with a few other oils I got 5 ml. lemongrass oil (Cymbopogon Citratus) and I wonder how good lemongrass really should be. Unfortunately some of the oils on this order wasn't good. I am more used to Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm and regular Lemon. Lemon peel essential oil is often substituted because it doesn't store as well, it looses it's freshness. Is good lemongrass EO equally as light and fresh as Lemon Verbena and Lemon Balm usually is?

I was rather disappointed with this order, and will probably never order from India again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

No I hate lemongrass too. Its not lemony enough and is too... something.. but it makes me sick. Esp in lip balms. From where did you order it? I mean what vendor. I ordered some very exxy osmanthus absolute from an Indian vendor and was terribly disappointed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

This order came from a seller on ebay, which I suppose is always a bit risky. The first time I ordered from him I got a wrongly labeled EO of rosa damascena. Seller has all positive feedback, and apparently had gotten a whole batch of wrongly labeled rose EOs. He insisted the brand I had chosen was good and offered me a different oil in replacement. I chose German Chamomile as I always have use for it. I also got two other oils Tulsi (holy basil), and Lemon Grass thrown in. I don't like any of the oils I received at all, too heavy, sweet and nauseous. I did google search on the brand Dr Jain's and it is suppose to be a a large established company and fairly reputable. Perhaps Indian oils are too exotic for me, more locally growing herbs agree more easier with me? Annoyingly enough the chamomile was bad too, azulene levels probably zero, it has turned a murky green, and not the regular blue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yeh, who knows. I realize youre in Scandinavia and not all things are available but I like to buy from www.MountainRoseHerbs.com and www.naturesgift.com Theirs are ECO cert organic if thats important to you as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    Together with a few other oils I got 5 ml. lemongrass oil (Cymbopogon Citratus) and I wonder how good lemongrass really should be. Unfortunately some of the oils on this order wasn't good. I am more used to Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm and regular Lemon. Lemon peel essential oil is often substituted because it doesn't store as well, it looses it's freshness. Is good lemongrass EO equally as light and fresh as Lemon Verbena and Lemon Balm usually is?* I was rather disappointed with this order, and will probably never order from India again.
    Oh too bad 2blue. I love lemongrass, it is one of my favorites. I get mine from MRH. Their EOs are very consistent. They may cost a bit more, but I have never been disappointed when using them . Lemon Verbena is nice as well. Any citrus clean scent I like. Lemon, lime, orange.......perfect for me!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

lemongrass can be a bit overpowering and some people don't like it -- like some of my soap customers, and fawnie i prefer to use litsea cubeba, which is related to lemongrass but not as sharp and pungent. love lemon verbena too

2Blue I got my lemongrass (cymbopogon citratus) EO from holland & barrett... I've not tried your other oils, but I tried tea tree (lemon)... and comparing the two in terms of freshness is pretty comparable (with preference to TT)... both have similar smell except that lemongrass has a lot powerful smell, and has some bitter smell to it? Not really too fancy for me! I don't find it too refreshing to be honest! The bitter smell doesn't help! Not the sort of smell I expected when I bought it... I wouldn't order it again... (I got it for it's toning properties, I put it in my DIY rosewater toner... but just couldn't like the smell! It did make me sick, and it still does... There might not be anything wrong with the one you got, but it's just too bitter by itself!

Interesting...I have one lemongrass EO....it's a bitingly refreshing blast of lemon. The local species of EO, is a deeper softer scent. Lemony, rich with an earth undertone. That was from an individual who doesn't market it.

Thanks for the inputs, I appreciate it. Next time I think I will use one of my regular suppliers, or even MRH, EOs usually don´t weigh much.

I have bought mine from iherb.com, the "now-foods" brand, it smells like Dragon's description.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements