Skin Care Talk banner

Mesotherapy for face - my experience so far

36K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  fawnie 
#1 ·
So this thursday I've had mesotherapy on my face - for those who dont know what it is: its injections of a cocktail of hyaluronic acid, vitamins and other skin nutrients made with tiny needles into the face and eye area.

First i got a cream to numb my skin - had to have it on for like an hour, no unpleasant feelings, then the injections started. You still feel pain, smaller or bigger depending on the area, but i cant say it was an unpleasant procedure, maybe because I;m a freak and actually dont mind needles at all.

After the procedure you get a cooling.soothing cream and then a nourishing cream. The skin is red and there are tiny bumps on it in places of injection but they dissolve really quickly. There is swelling and redness but in my case redness dissipated first and the swelling was actually a good thing because it reminded me how full my skin looked only a couple of years ago. Now the swelling is slightly smaller which is a shame for me, but the skin is in much better condition - smoother, fine lines less visible, and the full effects of this treatment are yet to come. I'm booked for two more treatments in two week intervals as this set guarantees the best results. So far im thrilled. the only visible bad aftereffect after just three days is the slight healing red points from where the needle came in (not in every injection site) and they look more like tiny healing zits and dry up pretty fast. My face is finally starting to look like i remember it from just 2 years ago before all the stress and craziness.
The only thing the derm told me not to do was take any anti-blood-clotting meds before and after the procedure, which i dont so its ok.
If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to help:)

See less See more
#5 ·
Probably in New York and California but Ive heard its not the same procedure as in Russia. Do you know about that one? Is it the same as you have in Poland? Because it sounds like you got the right one (the Russian one). http://eng.martinex.ru/products/biorevitalization/info-biorevitalization.html Ive heard such good things about it (that it makes skin look young and act young and lasts) that Id consider going to Russia (or Poland) for it.

#6 ·
the procedure sounds exactly like the one done in Russia but the name of the concoction was diffferent - NCTF
http://nctf.filorga.com/index.php?page=kits&lang=en
It contains HA, vitamins, aminoacids, co-enzymes, nucleic acids, antioxidants (just translated that from my derm lab's site). Full ingredients should be on the site i linked to. :)

#12 ·
Violet, I checked out your link and it sounds awesome! But I don't understand the process sorry if I missed something but is it like derma rolling? Or is the product injected in various parts of the skin deeper then derma rolling can go? Might be a nice cocktail after derma rolling but I might be misunderstanding the theory behind mesotherapy:/

#13 ·
This is an image of the injection technique from Violett's link there. The Russian technique however, as I understand it, is made like a net of injections into the skin to support it. So this looks a little different. Still looks interesting to me tho!

#14 ·
I have seen ads here in Asia for something that sounds very similar called Restylane Vital. It involves multiple injections of small amount of HA. I don't think it is approved in the US yet. There are very few reviews and before/after pics of it on the nt from patients who have had it done, so I am curious what Violett's results are like.

#22 ·
For my country it is rather spendy, but for people from the us or uk it might appear rather good value - its about 90 Euros per treatment, and initially you do 3 treatments in 2 week intervals, then maintenence every 2-6 months as needed. The initial amount of treatments depends on age and skin condition, so if you have severley dehydrated or malnourished skin, you might need more of those initial treatments to bring balance.
Fawnie explained nicely the way the injections look.
As of now, all the puffiness/ redness and small injection scars are gone and my skin feels much more hydrated, soft to the touch and toned. The crepiness under my eyes when i smile is reduced which made me jump in front of my mirror :)
Will tell more after next treatment! :)

#26 ·
For my country it is rather spendy, but for people from the us or uk it might appear rather good value - its about 90 Euros per treatment, and initially you do 3 treatments in 2 week intervals, then maintenence every 2-6 months as needed. The initial amount of treatments depends on age and skin condition, so if you have severley dehydrated or malnourished skin, you might need more of those initial treatments to bring balance.  Fawnie explained nicely the way the injections look. As of now, all the puffiness/ redness and small injection scars are gone and my skin feels much more hydrated, soft to the touch and toned. The crepiness under my eyes when i smile is reduced which made me jump in front of my mirror :) Will tell more after next treatment! :)
What did the person use who injected you Violett? I assume it was some form of hyaluronic acid ...? How many treatments and how far apart will they be? We want all the details!!!

#20 ·
I read about this is a book called (I believe) Ageless Beauty, which was written by a dermatologist (NYC area, I think) in the early 2000's. Have to think it's around somewhere in the states, but maybe it never caught on in a big way. Curious, are the benefits fairly permanent, or is it like botox, or something like that?

#24 ·
There is a place in my state in the US that does this procedure. I am actually considering having it done but I have concerns about the needle creating hyperpigmentation on my skin. One needle prick is no problem but numerous in the same area concerns me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.