Updated DIY C Serum Recipe - Page 50
Page 50 of 50 First 40 49 50

Thread: Updated DIY C Serum Recipe

I have got ferulic acide, LA, Niacinamide. Could you recommend a recipe but only with tablespoon dimension? I can find nondenaturated alchol and sea kelp.

I am afraid of break out due to vitamin e and any oil, don't want to use them.

sorry my english.

thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hello!

I have
    L-Ascorbic Acid
    Ethyl-Ascorbic Acid
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Niacinamide
    Ferulic Acid
    Sea Kelp Bioferment
    Vitamin E natural mix tocopherols
    Multi lamellar v1 with carrier oil free and sea kelp bioferment
    Multi lamellar v2 carrier oil & polymer free and sea kelp bioferment
    Multi lamellar v3 with rice bran oil and sea kelp bioferment
    Pure organic coconut oil
    Pure organic shea butter
    Distilled water (In a brown bottle from 2years ago)

I'll like to make
    SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum, simple vit c serum and anything else I could use them for without having to go through any complicated process, buy equipment or additional ingredients. Except perhaps Glycerin and rose water.
    I can measure with teaspoons and ml.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Fortunecookie; 12-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.

hi @gymrat
    in my search for diy vitamin c serum ingredients, i met a supplier of cosmetics additives who also makes his own mixes in Lagos.

he has a mix of hyaluronic acid gel, arbutin and sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP) that serves as both vit c serum and lightener and has a shelf life of 6months.

i knw SAP is a more stable form of Vit c, but what i dnt knw is if it penetrates the skin as well as L-ascorbisc acid and if it will give d desired vitamin c serum results. Also do you think this mix will work if L-ascorbic acid is used in place of SAP

what do you think of this mix? yay or nay?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs O. View Post
    hi @gymrat
    in my search for diy vitamin c serum ingredients, i met a supplier of cosmetics additives who also makes his own mixes in Lagos.

he has a mix of hyaluronic acid gel, arbutin and sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP) that serves as both vit c serum and lightener and has a shelf life of 6months.

i knw SAP is a more stable form of Vit c, but what i dnt knw is if it penetrates the skin as well as L-ascorbisc acid and if it will give d desired vitamin c serum results. Also do you think this mix will work if L-ascorbic acid is used in place of SAP

what do you think of this mix? yay or nay?
    I've used similar serums before. I just personally have better luck with LAA. But give it a try!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Wow, I'm learning soooo much since joining. Thanks so much.

Hello everyone, I have long time to visit this forum which had learnt a lot! I make a fresh batch of Vit C every morning with just the powder LAA and filtered water.
    I use 1/8tsp (0.6ml) of LAA to 1/2tsp (2.5ml) water, mix till dissolved and apply to face and neck. Can you please help me calculate the LAA percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by antmagnn View Post
    Hello everyone, I have long time to visit this forum which had learnt a lot! I make a fresh batch of Vit C every morning with just the powder LAA and filtered water.
    I use 1/8tsp (0.6ml) of LAA to 1/2tsp (2.5ml) water, mix till dissolved and apply to face and neck. Can you please help me calculate the LAA percentage?
    Hi Antmagnn, little to none, round about 2% with the amount you are using. I use 1 tsp for round about 15%.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Hi Antmagnn, little to none, round about 2% with the amount you are using. I use 1 tsp for round about 15%.
    Are you sure? Think about it, it's a 2.5ml base with 0.6ml LAA. If I had 0.25ml active ingredient to 2.5ml base I would already have 10% percentage. I would check in my scale but I have run out of batteries right now I'm guessing this by volume

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements