Where can I buy ZInc Oxide powder?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Where can I buy ZInc Oxide powder?

Where can I buy ZInc Oxide powder?

HI everyone!

I'm looking to buy non nano zinc oxide powder to make my own sunscreen. I'm usually a google master, but I'm having some trouble coming up with good results...also, I'd like to spend a super ton of money on it if it's possible. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I got 16 oz from Essential Depot for $9. It has worked great for me!

non-coated nano ZnO

Is the stuff from essential depot ok to use with the Iamme's Cerave recipe. I know it's all gonna kill me but will it mix/cover sufficiently?

I didn't see the "coated" part!

Thanks,
    Gretta

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I moved your thread to this one Gretta. No sense having another thread with the same topic- Makes it easier to get responses if they can just go to one thread. Yes you can use the zinc Iamme mentions for her sunscreen recipe. As for "will it cover sufficiently".........I am not sure what you are asking here? Will it cover what?? Your skin? I have made this exact recipe and it works great. It is very easy to make. You won't know if it will work for you until you make it yourself. What works for me or anyone else may not work for you. Trial and error is how I find out what works and what doesn't.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Thanks,

Funny, I couldn't remember if it was indeed Iamme that suggested Essential Depot or not, and I certainly didn't think it was this recent. That's what happens when you are doing mostly searches of older posts I guess. It seems everyone is suggesting "coated" and I wasn't sure if that was only because of the debate about the safety issue or if it was a preference for the quality of the product. That's what I meant by "cover." I've read the ZnO can clump and not protect all areas. I have my handy dandy milk frother ready!

Somewhere I read:
    coated=mixes with oil
    uncoated=mixes with water

Is this true? And does that affect this recipe? (sorry, I know you said this stuff is fine to use--I'm just curious!)

Am I right to assume that since they don't specify then it must be uncoated? Oh and it IS nano for those interested

gretta - every ingredient has its benefits and drawbacks. It all depends on what properties you want, so use whichever one is right for you. There is a ton of information about zinc oxide on SCT, so you can use the advanced search button. And like Gymrat said, sometimes it's about trial and error.

Essential Depot says nano, but that's not a rigidly defined term. Their ZnO has an average diameter of 120 nm, but none above 325nm. That's a lot of detail, and since you're so new to all this, I can see how you would easily get confused!

The best way is to buy some and see if you like it!

Great Deal on Zinc:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zinc-Oxide-Powder-1-lb-Pure-White-Fine-Nano-Powder-/110535398653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bc6c 54fd

It's Essential Depot's ebay store, which means free shipping. Good Luck!

mckaay - That's the one I mentioned above. Great minds think alike! But you found it with free shipping - nice find!!

For some reason I never got any emails that their were responses to this post, sorry for such a delayed response! Thanks so much for the info everyone!

I did find that zinc oxide powder, but was put off a bit by the fact that it' nano. I suppose I'll have to do a bit more research to see if nano is as scary as it's made out to be. Anyone have any insight on that? Thanks so much!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements