Skin Care Talk banner

Permanent Makeup

60K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  Sanguma 
#1 ·
Two days ago I took the plunge and had some permanent makeup applied. When I was younger I plucked my eyebrows into oblivion and they eventually refused to grow back. Now that I need glasses for everything I find it very hard to pencil in eyebrows (and have them stay there) and draw on straight eye liner. Now I have very nicely shaped eyebrows and top and bottom eye liner. It all looks a bit dark at the moment and quite harsh but I am told it will lighten in the next few weeks and I will need a top up in about a month to give me the final result. It's a bit scary looking in the mirror now. It actually looks a bit over done so I hope it will indeed soften in time. Has anyone else done this and are you happy with the result?

#30 ·
I've just had my eyebrows done yesterday. I took advantage of coupon. At the moment they look very dark and prominent as expected. I was told to apply lots of Vaseline. I'm not sure about the shape. I usually have my eyebrows penciled in longer. I guess I'll have to wait and see when it heals. I would have consider the eyeliner but the pain from the eyebrows has put me right of.

#31 ·
I just had lips and liner on my top lid done. I'm supposed to have my lips retouched twice in a month for optimal results, but, it's not what I expected now so I don't thing I'm going back. The pain outweighs the gain. Had eyeliner done twice over the years and now you couldn't tell it was ever done.

#32 ·
I just had lips and liner on my top lid done. I'm supposed to have my lips retouched twice in a month for optimal results, but, it's not what I expected now so I don't thing I'm going back. The pain outweighs the gain. Had eyeliner done twice over the years and now you couldn't tell it was ever done.
That doesn't sound good. Heck, you would be constantly going through a healing process! Ouch! I had my lips done perhaps 7 years ago(?) and I'm going to have them redone in a few weeks. I also had my eyebrows redone by a different company a few weeks ago and was told that it is easier to darken or brighten up a previously done tattoo. They look MUCH better (reference post#20) and also my eyeliner which only last me about a year before they need to be redone. Unfortunately for me, "permanent makeup" isn't permanent. I'll post some pictures next week after I get my lips redone.

#35 ·
:heart:Hey guys, I'm black. With a not so dark kin tone but my lips are quite dark, they look purple or brown depending on the lighting. I have tried lightening them with hq etc but nothing has gotten me that pink colour I'd like. I don't need it to be pale pink but a bright pink would be lovely. I like how it looks when I wear it as a lipstick. Would this work on dark lips? See pics below
I would b very happy with any of these permanently. Anything is better than this odd brown colour. Thoughts? Is this not recommended for black people?

#37 · (Edited)
Ok, here I am back again after seven years from the original post. My eyebrows have pretty much all faded, although there is a very soft shadow still there. They definitely need re doing. The eye liner is almost gone on top lids and bottom right lid but the left one is still quite strong. Not sure how that happened but now it looks strange and lop sided and I have to fill in the right one a bit to make them look even. I can't decide whether to try and get the left one removed or lightened or just get the right one touched up. I would like some subtle microblading for the brows but I would never get the eye liner again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.