Skin Care Talk banner

Permanent Makeup

60K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  Sanguma 
#1 ·
Two days ago I took the plunge and had some permanent makeup applied. When I was younger I plucked my eyebrows into oblivion and they eventually refused to grow back. Now that I need glasses for everything I find it very hard to pencil in eyebrows (and have them stay there) and draw on straight eye liner. Now I have very nicely shaped eyebrows and top and bottom eye liner. It all looks a bit dark at the moment and quite harsh but I am told it will lighten in the next few weeks and I will need a top up in about a month to give me the final result. It's a bit scary looking in the mirror now. It actually looks a bit over done so I hope it will indeed soften in time. Has anyone else done this and are you happy with the result?

#2 ·
I took my 89 year old mom to get her eyebrows done 6 months ago and they ABSOLUTELY will lighten up. A lot. So don't fret. Hers look amazing! I swear they took 10 years off her. She has arthritic hands and it was impossible for her to hold an eyebrow pencil. I have a picture somewhere of hers before and after and I'll try to post it if I can find it. But honestly, they will lighten up. If they are too dark and you feel self conscious going out, just dab a little baby powder or any kind of powder over them and mute them a little. That's what we did with hers for the first two weeks. After that they were beautiful. They will scab up a bit. DON'T PICK!! You'll pull the color off with the scab. And yeah, you'll need a little touchup. That's normal. Yay for you!!!

#3 ·
Yes! I've done my eyebrows, eyeliner and brightened a mole. My only problem is you have to get it touched up after a while especially the eyeliner ( which is painful ). I've been considering getting my lips done also.

#4 ·
Thanks, that makes me feel much better. Actually it wasn't too painful as my practitioner used a very effective anesthetic, aneasthetic .... (pain killer!) and it was quite bearable. I go for my touch up in four weeks so I will update and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

#5 ·
I tried eyeliner after the 1st touch up I said no way it hurt like nothing I've every experienced.

... they eye liner turned gray on me. 10 yrs later still gray......

my friend got them
they looked
harsh to me but i suggested she apply powder to take the shine out. it work... they will soften up.
when she need a touch up the turn a deep reddish brown

#8 ·
Here's an update, ten days later. I am LOVING my permanent makeup. It has really softened and now I am looking forward to going back for my touch up to get the final result. It looks quite natural now and it's amazing to wake up in the morning already half made up. Just a bit of tinted moisturiser and some lippy and I am ready to go. Don't be put off by pain, it was actually really ok. My practitioner went over everything lightly to "break the skin" which was quite bearable, then she put on a really effective painkiller and I didn't feel anything else, even on the eyeliner. The result is a perfect line, top and bottom, which I could never achieve, even when I was younger, and perfectly shaped eyebrows, which have been sadly lacking for years. If you are thinking about it, I say go for it.

#11 ·
had my eye brow lips and a mole done permanent. the brow and the mole I am still loving but the lips is not what I would recommend to black people especially if you lightening it kind of leave a discoloration on my lips.when I first did my brow it look so harsh I thought I made a mistake. but after a while it fade. I think if you get it done with a really dark color it will look harsh. when I touch up which i did like 2 years after I did it in a lighter color no harsh look.permanent make it great and once you get it done by a profession it shouldnt be painful people say to me all the time my brow look so well keep ever time they see me.

#15 ·
I had eyeliner, lips and eye bows done about 10 years ago. I had it touched up after the first treatment as recommended and then followed up with another touch up about a year or 18 mo later. Haven't done it since and they've stayed really well! The person doing mine was extremely proficient, had over 20 years experience and the ink she used was created just for cosmetic tattoos. Unlike some others, it didn't fade to any funky colours like purple or green like you hear of it doing with the cheaper ink.It was quite pricey, but well worth the money. My brows have thinned a bit with age since done, and I have made a major change in my hair colour, so i do fill them in a little, but that is just to perfect them, it looks fine on its own. i love only having to wear lip balm. The eye liner I had done is quite subtle, it is inside the lash line only, so it just makes my lashes look thicker, its not an obvious line. My brows did soften in colour and look very natural. I think the trick to it is to find the most experienced and artistic person you can. Ask to see examples of the before and afters, my make up artist had them displayed all over her walls and the differences were amazing!

#19 ·
Ive considered permanent makeup especially eyebrows and liner but it scares me. I used to work in a tattoo shop and if a tattoo is done wrong a lot of times it can only be covered not fixed and im not willing to cover my eyebrows with pictures of dragons lol anyone willing to post pics?

#20 ·
Here's mine. The brows and eyeliner are tats. The lighting is a little different in each picture but you can tell the before brows were dark gray and white. Now they are a soft brown. Very subtle, it just looks like the color changed. Little disappointed in the eyeliner as I wanted it to be darker and you can tell it's wearing off.

#22 ·
I had my eye brows and eye liner tatooed approx. 11 years ago. I loved the eyeliner but never thought she got my eye brows the way I wanted them. I still have eyebrows but I needed some fill in. I think she went off track with the length and style but it wasn't horrible. Both eyebrow and eyeliner have faded now and can't tell I ever had it done, but I was happy with the results while it lasted.

Let me add that I was supposed to go back for a third treatment. I was told having the third treatment would keep the effects longer. But, I had a car accident and a few months went by and then the business closed shop. Also, I use baby oil to remove eye makeup and was warned that this could affect how long the tattoo would last.

It's painful but they will stop whenever you need a break. I would do it again. :)

#25 ·
I had my eyebrows done thrice as they lasted only about 2 years before I need to go for a touch-up.
The procedure itself wasn't painful, slightly uncomfortable but it's worth it.
No more drawing my brows (which I hate and don't know how to) and it's relatively cheap where I live.
But I am trying to remove the eyebrows this time as I want them to be straighter which will make me look uhm "softer".
So does anyone have any tips on removing semi permanent eyebrows? :)

#27 ·
I got mine done by friend who does beauty related things and I really love them. They're natural now. I hadn't realised but it's nice to wake up with a full eyebrow rather than having to go through the concealer/eyebrow pencil thing everyday. That's far too time consuming

#28 ·
Ok, here I am back again 18 months later. The eye liner hasn't faded at all but the brows have. One thing I wasn't aware of at the time was that as I was taking Fish Oil this thins the blood and when I had my brows done they bred profusely, taking a lot of the ink with them and there wasn't much that could be done about that. My practitioner said they would fade a lot faster than they normally would have due to this and if I got a touch up to go off the Fish Oil 6 weeks before so I didn't bleed so much. I do need a touch up but am still undecided about what to do. I have noticed a few grey hairs appearing in my eyebrows now and I am wondering if I just need to accept what's coming. I think it would look weird to have greys scattered amongst the ink and I don't want to have to dye them every couple of weeks. So there you go. Not sure what I will do now.

#29 ·
Ok, here I am back again 18 months later. The eye liner hasn't faded at all but the brows have. One thing I wasn't aware of at the time was that as I was taking Fish Oil this thins the blood and when I had my brows done they bred profusely, taking a lot of the ink with them and there wasn't much that could be done about that. My practitioner said they would fade a lot faster than they normally would have due to this and if I got a touch up to go off the Fish Oil 6 weeks before so I didn't bleed so much. I do need a touch up but am still undecided about what to do. I have noticed a few grey hairs appearing in my eyebrows now and I am wondering if I just need to accept what's coming. I think it would look weird to have greys scattered amongst the ink and I don't want to have to dye them every couple of weeks. So there you go. Not sure what I will do now.
Sanguma, I had my eyebrows done just because they were turning gray. Mine have faded also. :O( but the grey hair still looks blended in. If you have black eyebrows, I can't comment on that because I took mine from gray to light brown. If you have any pics, post them for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.