Permanent Makeup
Page 1 of 4 1 2 Last

Thread: Permanent Makeup

Permanent Makeup

Two days ago I took the plunge and had some permanent makeup applied. When I was younger I plucked my eyebrows into oblivion and they eventually refused to grow back. Now that I need glasses for everything I find it very hard to pencil in eyebrows (and have them stay there) and draw on straight eye liner. Now I have very nicely shaped eyebrows and top and bottom eye liner. It all looks a bit dark at the moment and quite harsh but I am told it will lighten in the next few weeks and I will need a top up in about a month to give me the final result. It's a bit scary looking in the mirror now. It actually looks a bit over done so I hope it will indeed soften in time. Has anyone else done this and are you happy with the result?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I took my 89 year old mom to get her eyebrows done 6 months ago and they ABSOLUTELY will lighten up. A lot. So don't fret. Hers look amazing! I swear they took 10 years off her. She has arthritic hands and it was impossible for her to hold an eyebrow pencil. I have a picture somewhere of hers before and after and I'll try to post it if I can find it. But honestly, they will lighten up. If they are too dark and you feel self conscious going out, just dab a little baby powder or any kind of powder over them and mute them a little. That's what we did with hers for the first two weeks. After that they were beautiful. They will scab up a bit. DON'T PICK!! You'll pull the color off with the scab. And yeah, you'll need a little touchup. That's normal. Yay for you!!!
    As. You. Are. Stronger than you know. More beautiful than you think. Worthier than you believe. More loved than you can ever imagine. Passionate about making a difference. Fiery when protecting those you love. Learning. Growing. Not alone. Warm. Giving. Generous. Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart. Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave. And so, so, so.much.more. Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

Yes! I've done my eyebrows, eyeliner and brightened a mole. My only problem is you have to get it touched up after a while especially the eyeliner ( which is painful ). I've been considering getting my lips done also.
    ***I Wanna Be The Girl With The Most Cake***

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. Actually it wasn't too painful as my practitioner used a very effective anesthetic, aneasthetic .... (pain killer!) and it was quite bearable. I go for my touch up in four weeks so I will update and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

I tried eyeliner after the 1st touch up I said no way it hurt like nothing I've every experienced.

... they eye liner turned gray on me. 10 yrs later still gray......

my friend got them
    they looked
    harsh to me but i suggested she apply powder to take the shine out. it work... they will soften up.
    when she need a touch up the turn a deep reddish brown

I recently had my eyebrows done ,and although i was quite startled initially with the darkness,it has now become lighter,and i,m very pleased.

This is interesting to hear many people are having success with permanent makeup. It isn't something I've considered yet, but I'm sure as the years go on it will be. Although, I don't like the sound of the pain associated with the eyeliner procedure!

Here's an update, ten days later. I am LOVING my permanent makeup. It has really softened and now I am looking forward to going back for my touch up to get the final result. It looks quite natural now and it's amazing to wake up in the morning already half made up. Just a bit of tinted moisturiser and some lippy and I am ready to go. Don't be put off by pain, it was actually really ok. My practitioner went over everything lightly to "break the skin" which was quite bearable, then she put on a really effective painkiller and I didn't feel anything else, even on the eyeliner. The result is a perfect line, top and bottom, which I could never achieve, even when I was younger, and perfectly shaped eyebrows, which have been sadly lacking for years. If you are thinking about it, I say go for it.

May be no body can believe!!! that only eye liner can change the total looks of a face and of course to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer2012 View Post
    This is interesting to hear many people are having success with permanent makeup. It isn't something I've considered yet, but I'm sure as the years go on it will be. Although, I don't like the sound of the pain associated with the eyeliner procedure!
    me too...might consider it

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements