Psoriasis help? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 First 2 3

Thread: Psoriasis help?

Does it say on bottle new impproved formula?

If yes I better get few bottles of old formula, as I just found the t-gel shampoo and it's been doing good for me

thanks for telling us <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Does it say on bottle new impproved formula?

If yes I better get few bottles of old formula, as I just found the t-gel shampoo and it's been doing good for me

thanks for telling us <3
    Yes it does say new and improved small writting, but it's right there ! so stock up while you can!

You know, based on the description of Psoriasis, it seems similar to Icthyosis, the one I have, and sea water helps! See, I went to bermuda, almost 10 years ago, to visit my aunt and she lived by a beach, so we went virtually everyday, my skin was smooth and nice after coming back, I felt like I had normal glowing skin for a few months, and then it came back... Oh well
    There's Always Room For ImprovementHidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

If its anything like mine, the sun is your best friend!!!!!!! Along with Sunscreen of course, but expose the effected areas to the sun without sunscreen, for maybe about a half hour a day, and THEN put on sunscreen, because I think the sunscreen blocks too much for it to heal. Psoriasis is like excessive drying as well right? Dont stay out too long but do get sun
    There's Always Room For ImprovementHidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
    i have Psoriasis =( its in a weird place i dnt even know how it started .. i feel if i can keep my hands off it too it would go away. iv tried so hard. its harder then quitting cigarettes. i have no idea about Psoriasis, iv been in wondering mode for some months about it.......
    Quitting cigarettes would help because it dries out the skin doesn't it? You need to keep your skin moist especially with a condition like that where your skin dries out anyway. That's how it gets worse.

I know special mineral sea or Spa can help.
    Like the dead sea in Israel many people go there to get Psoriasis treated.
    Oooops I did it again..

Well, I think I have discovered an old topic but I will add to it anyway. I don't know about sunscreen as some of the ingredients in sunscreens really irritate my skin - I have what I think is psoriasis on my face. I have to be really careful what I put on my skin - nothing harsh or too drying. I am finding Moogoo eczema and psoriasis creme to be really good and Nature's Gold therapeutic creme with Manuka honey. Manuka honey is a natural healer anyway as is honey in general, for all skin types. Definitely need to keep the skin moisturised and then you will find some relief. I don't think it goes away as mine seems to flare up but you just have to get onto it straight away and be really careful with your skin. If you wear makeup, try to use natural and/or mineral makeup without any harsh chemicals, etc. Better if you can not wear any makeup though. Be gentle with your skin and yourself. Take good care of it.

i have read that gamma lionlenic acid (gla) helps to reduce water loss from the epidermal layer so can help calm eczema and psoriasis these glas are found in evening primrose,borage,hemp and flaxseed oils.ive never had either so would be interested to know other experiences and thoughts.

Hi again

*Snowstar* * think that you may be right in suggesting evening primrose, borage, hemp and flaxseed oils. In addition, I am also told that it is a good idea to include such oils in your diet to help maintain well balanced skin - especially evening primrose and flaxseed oils, although I am told that evening primrose is the best. Hemp seed oil can be bought in ingestible form though I don't know about borage - I have never heard of taking that internally, the other three I have. At the very least, if you are concerned about putting the oils on your skin, you should be pretty safe taking them internally (the ones that can be taken internally in the appropriate form).

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements