TCA Peel Burn with Pictures - Page 2

Thread: TCA Peel Burn with Pictures

I'm starting to think that this isn't a burn as there is no raised skin and scab formation. It's just dark patches, so Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is most likely. Does the hyperpigmentation appear immediately, or some time after? Because For me, the patches appeared about 5 minutes later. How long will this take to fade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

bump

don't worry about ur burn it will heal in 4 days and peel before 2weeks is over, did a 80% lactic on my face not know that leg and face skin will react differently to acid, u would not scar but may end up w/ white/pink/light color area just use emu oil daily.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gud to know View Post
    don't worry about ur burn it will heal in 4 days and peel before 2weeks is over, did a 80% lactic on my face not know that leg and face skin will react differently to acid, u would not scar but may end up w/ white/pink/light color area just use emu oil daily.
    Thanks.

But is it a burn? I'm not so sure about it :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheeEnd View Post
    Thanks.
    But is it a burn? I'm not so sure about it :/
    Yes it is a burn. It's a chemical burn. You won't get a blister filled with fluid like a regular burn produced from heat. It definitely is a chemical burn so no more chemical peels for a month.

Cheers guys.

I'm starting olive oil treatments on the area, will post updates soon.

Okay, the burn 'scab' peeled off however, there's now pinkish skin where the scab used to be.

Be really gentle with that area you don't want it to get irritated and darken.

Did
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeEnd View Post
    Okay, so two weeks ago I successfully applied 25% TCA on my fingers, skin peeled and it was all good. So I decide to do another, but this time for the lower part of my hand. I apply the peel, and it burns like hell, frosts immediately. About 10 minutes later a patch of 'bruisy' coloured skin appears on my hand, it's really dark but the texture is the same. It also hurts when I rub it. What is this? I didn't go out during the peel, so it can't be due to the sun.
    did the burn ever go away completely or leave a scar???

Sounds like ur scared Don't wori ur scar'll fade off

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements