Skin Care Talk banner

any indian bengali or pakistani member????

390K views 2K replies 134 participants last post by  Sweetswetha 
#1 ·
whats your daily routain to make yur skin lighter since we should have smliar skin color /tone maybe yuh guys can help!!!!!

See less See more
#63 ·
@ Divad

Makari uses white Mulberry extracts as the main active ingredient and its not as much powerful like paper mulberry extract. White Mulberry has high phenolic compounds which have high levels of Anthocyanin. Anthocyanins are considered very good antioxidant agents and has been reported to show tyrosinase inhibition and inhibitory effects on tyrosinase activity and melanin formation in B-16 melanoma cells, So you may safely use Makari as a skin lightener.

Regarding Gluthathione injections there are lot of fake glutathione products in India and as long as its genuine and injected with a high dose of glutathione twice weekly for 3 months continuously, you will really see the effect.

#64 ·
@rajesh

Thanks bro. i am age 26 and acne prone skin on isotret 10 mg and doxycline on and off. no supplements. but i did take glutathione with vitc for am month but stopped now and got the glut from dubai. topical solutions and creams are melalong plus and kojivit. alternate between Ducray Keracynl creme to control oil. could to suggest me the product name of the alpha arbutin that is readily available . and any other strong regime to get the melacareforte glow that once was . I dont roam much in sun. Any other treatment that u may suggest aswell let me know.

Thanks so much

#67 ·
@theinformer

If you are on Accutane/Sotret, I dont recommend taking any multivitamins or supplements other than Lycopene or Omega 3. Avoid cow milk, egg and oral glutathione also. Complete your isotret cycle before following any of our regimen. If KOJIVIT not working for you, you may try KOJIDIS. Dont use MELACARE FORTE or MELALONG or any other topical Retin-A now and follow your Derma. Your skin is very fragile and sensitive while on Accutane. Everyone reacts differently to Accutane, but most people get very dry skin, and if you use something harsh like topical isotretinoin on your Accutane dry skin, you'll be very red and irritated! If you need any other product recommendation, try SPONGY-SAL facewash and ACNEMOIST as a moisturiser. Dont disturb your skin with any other lighteners or peels until you complete your isotret.

@DivaD

I haven't tried Makari yet so I cant comment on the effect. In my experience, for Indian skin nothing beats Retin-A 0.1% gel with homemade 5% Hydroquinone Solution (not cream).

#68 ·
@theinformer

If you are on Accutane, I dont recommend taking any multivitamins or supplements other than Lycopene or Omega 3. Avoid oral glutathione also. Complete your isotret cycle before following any of our regimen. If KOJIVIT not working for you, you may try KOJIDIS. Dont use MELACARE FORTE or any other topical Retin-A now and follow your Derma. If you need any other suggestions, try SPONGY-SAL facewash and ACNEMOIST as a moisturiser. Dont disturb your skin with any other lighteners until you complete your isotret.

@DivaD

I haven't tried Makari yet so I cant comment on the effect. In my experience, for Indian skin nothing will beat Retin-A 0.1% gel with Hydroquinone 5% Solution (not cream). PM me for product recommendation.
Rajesh,

I will also be going on accutane starting this week.
I was thinking that I should avoid all acids while on it. RA,KA,LA,GA..yada yada.
I have mega toner. What do you think of that. It just feels like a good moisturizer and doesnt feel it stripping skin in any way. I also have ceuticals whitening serum which is made of soy protein and licorice-no acids.
Can I use these while on it. I dont want to leave my face bare without any lighteners for like 6 months :(

Again, I did a vague attempt at translating what you wrote in Tamil to me-wasn't much os a success. I am not a Tamilian ...but again, you are a genius.

#70 ·
@mayamia

I cant comment on Megatoner as no one knows the ingredients of it. Use it at your own risk, But I highly recommend you to settle with a mild cleanser and a water based moisturizer if you are on Accutane. You can safely use the ceuticals collagen whitening serum or Hyaluronic Acid serum. If you are in India you may try a NIACINAMIDE based lightener like MELAGLOW.

For my body, I used LA peel for hands and Kojie San. Supplements are my real secrets. I am on supplement for more than a year.

#71 ·
@mayamia

I cant comment on Megatoner as no one knows the ingredients of it. Use it at your own risk, But I highly recommend you to settle with a mild cleanser and a water based moisturizer if you are on Accutane. You can safely use the ceuticals collagen whitening serum or Hyaluronic Acid serum. If you are in India you may try a NIACINAMIDE based lightener like MELAGLOW.

For my body, I used LA peel for hands and Kojie San. Supplements are my real secrets. I am on supplement for more than a year.
Thanks Rajesh, have you used Accutane?
If so, how was your experience? I live in US Rajesh.
You are right about Megatoner, even when I skip it for about a week, the results are immediately diminished.
I absolutely wonder what it is, almost like Hydrogen peroxide bleaching, but not quite.

You got to tell me the secret..how did you get so smart with this??

#72 ·
@MAYAMIA

No personal experience with oral isotretinoin. Nothing secret here, As I have posted my regimen already. Here it is:

Before Breakfast:
Alpha Lipoic Acid – 300mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg

With Breakfast:
Omega 3 – 300mg
Lycopene – 10mg
Astaxanthin – 4mg
Grape seed Extract – 100mg

After Breakfast
MSM + Vitamin C Powder in Orange Juice– 2000+1000mg

With Lunch:
MultiVitamin with Minerals
White tea Extract – 100mg
Vitamin D3 – 1000IU
Vitamin k2 - 100mcg

Evening:
NAC – 600mg
Vitamin C – 1000mg
Pine Bark Extract – 100mg

With Dinner:
Omega 3 – 600mg
Green tea Extract – 200mg

#73 ·
@MAYAMIA

No personal experience with oral isotretinoin. Nothing secret here, As I have posted my regimen already. Here it is:

Before Breakfast:
Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500mg

With Breakfast:
Omega 3 – 300mg
Lycopene – 10mg
Astaxanthin – 4mg
Grape seed Extract – 100mg

After Breakfast
MSM + Vitamin C Powder in Orange Juice– 2000+1000mg

With Lunch:
MultiVitamin with Minerals
White tea Extract – 100mg
Vitamin D3 – 1000IU
Vitamin k2 - 100mcg

Evening:
NAC – 600mg
Vitamin C – 1000mg
Pine Bark Extract – 100mg

With Dinner:
Omega 3 – 600mg
Green tea Extract – 200mg
Thanks again and again.. for being so helpful and honest. And by secret I meant, secret to your knowledge..said it as a compliment.

#74 ·
@Rahul Its not about the money, its just a Passion, The respect I am getting from public after lightened is worth every penny I spend. Even the watchman at every ATM salute me thinking that I am a Film Hero(?)

1. Why you are using KOJIVIT at night? its not designed to be used at night, And do not buffer your GLYCOVIRA , One hour after applying GLYCOVIRA use a night based alternative KOJIGLO. If you really like KOJIVIT, Use it in the morning under your sunscreen.

2. ZORAY aquagel/Sunscreen contains only 2% Zinc oxide which is useless, Use a high percentage zinc oxide sunscreen like Spectraban 19

3. Continue it

4. Take EXERGE-HC in the morning with breakfast with one SEACOD. Take another SEACOD at night. And whats your age, do you smoke? If yes, take OXYSAFE cap. instead of EXERGE-HC.

Its a good decision that you are avoiding HQ, and now you have to find out which natural lightener working on your skin, then we can suggest you a suitable product. Now you have tried Kojic Acid, also try a Alpha-Arbutin based cream like BAN-A-TAN and note the process. Choose the right ingredient that works on your skin and ask me for product recommendation.

Oral Gluthathione wont do any goodness for you. You cannot eat glutathione, your body MUST make it inside the cells. The false claim that you can just eat glutathione, made by some supplement scoundrels, can be likened to saying that all you have to do to get smart is eat brain tissue supplement. Better take NAC or Alpha Lipoic Acid to boost glutathione.

#75 ·
1. KOJIC Acid is the main ingredient in both of them. But KOJIVIT contains 7% octinoxate which is a sunscreen and using it at night is not recommended by Dermas. By mixing any cream with Glycolic Acid, you are buffering the strength of it. i recommend you to layer KOJIGLO after one hour of applying GLYCOVIRA.

2. Spectraban 19 contains 15% Zinc oxide and cost you 150 bucks.

3. Good boy

4. SEACOD oil or SEACOD ACTIVE cap. is good for skin and continue it in the morning. At night you may use SIOOXY cap. instead of SEACOD.

5. BAN-A-TAN works better if applied under your sunscreen.

6. I dont recommend taking NAC unless you are a smoker because it may cause kidney stones for Indian climate in long run. You can safely use Alpha Lipoic Acid unless you have low blood sugar, the Indian brand name is ALA-100, ALADIN or DOMECO-A for high strength.

#76 ·
As the KOJIGLO also contains Octinoxate, I dont recommend using it in night time. If KOJIGLO contains the pure Kojic Acid instead of kojic acid dipalmitate, its far superior than KOJIVIT. You have to ask the manufacturer Alkem Labs about the Kojic Acid used. If both contains dipalmitate then KOJIVIT is superior as it has White mulberry extracts.

The formula you mentioned for SIOOXY is old. The new formula has 150mg EPA and 100mg DHA and cost you INR.109 for 10 caps. And SIOOXY is not an alternative for Exerge HC, If you need an alternative for EXERGE HC, try OXYSAFE if you are a smoker or light-hearted or exposing to air pollution/asbestos everyday, otherwise continue Exerge HC. And whats your age?

You can try SIOOXY instead of SEACOD ACTIVE at night because it has only 108mg EPA and 72mg DHA which is not enough as you are not eating fish daily.

And may I know who recommends you 30mg beta carotene for skin lightening? Its equal to 50,000 IU of Vitamin A. It may make you look tanned with orange undertone, Lighter coloured people use it to give their skin a "tan". If you are going to continue Exerge HC, do not add any minerals or Vitamin A supplements as you are already overdosing on Zinc and Selenium which weakens your immune system and are toxic on high doses.

Why Glycovira 12% and why not Retin-A for long term?

#77 ·
Quote: Dr. Subrata Malakar suggested it.

You doctor may thought of trying Beta-carotene to reduce your skin's sun sensitivity. But it wont help you in anyway. Oral Supplements like Astaxanthin and Lycopene may help but not Beta-carotene.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15531675

Researchers at Ohio State University said too much beta-carotene can block some effects of vitamin A that are critical to vision, bone and skin health, metabolism and immune function. So Avoid taking 30mg daily.

Quote:
"The formula you mentioned for SIOOXY is old. The new formula has 150mg EPA and 100mg DHA and cost you INR.109 for 10 caps."===> can you please tell me the brand name.

Brand Name is same "SIOOXY" by Albert David.

Quote: If i will continue with EXERGE HC(as i am using it for long) and and SEACOD ACTIVE(very price product for omega3 ) ...is need any other pills

No, You dont need anything more, frankly you cant except Vitamin C. With Seacod, you are safe as long as you avoid taking too much sunflower oil for cooking.

Quote: By the way i have just googled OXISAFE ....Its good and very much in budget ...may I replace Exerge HC with OXISAFE...it will safe my pocket

That's a good decision. Now replace EXERGE HC with OXISAFE.

In future try to add SIOOXY too which has DL-methionine which is a great Gluthathione booster. You can compensate the cost by cutting one SEACOD daily.

#84 ·
As you have very "GOOD" knowledge about Retin-A, I dont recommend it now unless you find the real use of it by yourself. Now you have to use Glycolic Acid to exfoliate and Kojic Acid to lighten. Since KOJIGLO and KOJIVIT are designed for daytime use I recommend you another cream made by GlenMark called "DEMELAN" which has Glycolic acid 10 %, Arbutin 5%, Kojic acid 2% which cost you Rs.200. So you dont need to buy two separate creams and no worry about buffering it. I personally used it and found it more effective than KOJIGLO.

DOMECO-A is an Indian Brand and cost you Rs.4.5 per cap. which also has Vitamin B12 which is good for your nerves and brain. Take one cap. in empty stomach with lot of water in the morning or evening if you have sleeping troubles. You may also consider adding more Vitamin C supplements as it cost you around Rs.1 per tab. The Brand Name is "CELIN" or "REDOXON"

So this will be your regimen:

Before breakfast:

DOMECO-A

With Breakfast:

OXYSAFE

SEACOD

CELIN - 500mg

With Dinner

SIOOXY

CELIN - 500mg

You may also consider adding Vitamin D3 with your lunch. But before that I highly recommend you to test for 25-OH Blood level from a lab like thyrocare.com

#85 ·
Wheatgerm oil was prescribed to you to cure the damaged skin due to the scorching heat of the sun. If you have sun damaged skin I highly recommend you to take E-COD OMEGA instead of SEACOD. You dont need both, but E-COD OMEGA is superior than SEACOD and choose the suitable based on your budget.

#86 ·
Im posting my reg. Here raj.. Im on hq 4% and ra 0.1 . I apply vit c serum in d mrng under sunblock. I apply la lotion on and off fr hands and feet. Three days a week i use a kojic acid and arbutin based lightener. Supplements : 1000 mg vit c and 800 mg vit e.

#88 ·
@divad

Your regimen seems good as you are a beginner. Whats your skin type? Does your Vitamin C serum contains any moisturizer like Jojoba Oil or Vit. E or Glycerin? Don't continue 800mg Vitamin E for long period as it has blood thinning effect, try to reduce to 400IU in the long run. I also advice you to take minerals like Zinc, Selenium, Copper and Magnesium for a glowing skin. In future try to supplement Astaxanthin which is 6000 times greater than vitamin C, 550 times more powerful than E.

Yes, they changed the formula now and you wont get 5% HQ over the counter in India anymore. Its a prescription drug here and available only with Dermas, but you can formulate your own at your own risk. I make my own 10% HQ solution and buffer it to 5% with H20 Face Oasis Moisturizer. Even though the original Kligman formula involves compounding 5% HQ, it must be known that this drug have potential toxicity if used without advice from a Derma. An uncommon, yet important, adverse effect of HQ is exogenous ochronosis. This disorder is characterized by progressive darkening of the area to which the cream containing HQ is applied and stopped. Hydroquinone has also been shown to cause leukemia in mice and other animals. So I highly recommend you to settle with a natural lightener with supplements instead of 5% HQ as you are a beginner.

#89 ·
Thanx fr yur concern..but my cousin s a scientist and he had shared some info abt hq. 1. Hq caused leukemia in mice ..where a higher percentage f hq was given to ingest and not applied topically..but again any chemical on long term is a threat. I wil be on it off and on until i settle down wid a natural lightener dat wrks fr me . 2. Ochronosis is quite rare and have been reported nly by ppl f african race..as a result of indiligent use f hq along wid steroids and improper sun protection. 3. Correct me incase f misinfo. Yes ..vit c serum s very moisturizing. I ve a combination skin. Thanx fr d info..il limit vit e to 400 IU. Can i take nac ? And wts re the tests to be done to determine my supplements required fr d body?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.