Skin Care Talk banner

any indian bengali or pakistani member????

390K views 2K replies 134 participants last post by  Sweetswetha 
#1 ·
whats your daily routain to make yur skin lighter since we should have smliar skin color /tone maybe yuh guys can help!!!!!

See less See more
#1,996 ·
A year back I was reading this Siddha Traditional medicine book and it had all kinds of whacky formulations. I came across a recipe for skin lightening. It involved cooking elemental Sulphur ( not MSM) in some sort of herbal concoction (rare herbs) and taking it everyday alon with Gulkhand. All the purported skin lightening supplements are basically Sulphur compounds- NAC, ALA, Glutathione , MSM. Its kind of cool how our old herbal systems also agrees with this. And there are plenty of anectodotal evidence of how MSM (Organic Sulphur ) works to lighten skin.And I think Thienna Ho the MSM advocate has a paper on how sulphur lightens skin.

So I looked around and came across this old ayurvedic formulation called Gandhaka Rasayana that is sold under different brands . It is usually used to treat skin problems and digestive issues and is stated in the product pages that it does increase skin lustre. It was a different formulation than in the book. I did some research about it. It involved a long process of cooking sulphur in milk and 8 different herbal teas to purify and fortify it.
So anyway I bought 2 months supply. I got two different brands actually. It is supposed to be taken with sugar. I had delicious palm sugar with me so I just started taking it regularly for as a pretext for eating the palm sugar. I kind of took it mindlessly and wasnt really expecting anything. I dint notice much myself just a softening of skin. But then everytime I met someone I hadnt met in a while they remarked how light I have become. Attleast 4 different people mentioned this. Although I cudnt tell any difference myself. I guess thats the problem with oral lightening. You lighten in one block top to bottom so you dont really notice a difference urself unlike using creams.
So anyway I was looking around for any side effects since I wanted to continue taking ti and found this research paper where this women who took elemental sulfur for digestive issues suffered complications due to acidosis. I got scared and left it at that.

Recently I was looking at it again, found the paper and noticed she actually took a mega dose - 40 -50 gms. of sulphur. The recommended dose for Gandhaka rasayana is only 3gms maximum. And also, the remedy to reverse metabolic acidosis is only baking soda.

I'm just musing on this and letting people know since it is interesting and it could be our Indian miracle. It only took 2 months of regular use to see a visble difference that people could consistently identify. Im currently trying Glutathione. But I might take this up later.

Here is a thread I wrote before I started taking it, if anyone is interested.
http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/44574/pure-sulfur-or-msm-or-sulforaphane-for-lightening

#2,007 ·
You get lactic acid in India itself from Pharma dealers or Soap supplies shops if you look around.  [/quote] Thanks amrutha...for ur reply..pls can u tell how can I contact to pharma dealers or soap suppliers.any website..plss..I bought lactic acid from ebay..it was soo small..1oz bottle..which I cant use for legs and hands..I want to buy in a large quantity. Like they sell in lotion craters.

#2,012 ·
@prettypink123  & @amrutha  : Please help. My sister is coming to India from US in september. Could you guys suggest me what all should i ask her to bring for me ? (looking for a lighter, blemishfree & healthier skin)
Iam not an expert in skin care.. May be you can get Opti-MSM pdr, ALA, loads of burnout sunscreen, omega 3, vitamin c pdr, glutathione tabs, kojiesan soaps... All these ingredients seem to be vital for healthy and lighter skin.

#2,015 ·
Quote: Originally Posted by amrutha
Its ok dear.No prob.
http://www.ayurvedmart.com/all-products/103-zandu-gandhak-rasayan-tablets-.html

https://www.eayur.com/ayurvedic/vati-tablets/zandu-gandhak-rasayan-tablets.htm

Actually individual tabs(Zandu brand) are abt 325 mg /tab. So I took 3 tabs in the morning, afternoon n night (3X3) .
3 tabs with half a teaspoon of sugar. It really doesnt matter. you can have a tablespoon of sugar..which is what I did at times.

And its adviseable to take abt half a teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water in empty stomach every day or every two days or so. The sulphur level is safe mostly ..even then acidosis that may happen due to increased sulphates wont be a prob if bicarbonate is taken. sodium bicarbonate is very safe n used as a health tonic for digestive issues n alkalising the blood in alternative medicine. Check this out.
http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/baking_soda.html

I dint do the Sodium bicarb during the 2 months I took it and I had no problems. Infact I was feeling good and good hair n nail growth I think. So you might want to add it after a couple of months if you see results and want to continue taking it for a longer period or take it early on.

And yeah like I said I already did the regimen last year for 2 months and had good results. Almost everyone I met after a while remarked abt my skin, even someone over skype said so. So I know it worked. Naturally when something works I stop dooing it for stupid reasons :p. Im planning to do this only after 3 months now. Im following another regimen and dont want to mix up stuff. I want to find out what works for me and stick with it.

@amrutha - Hello. Thanks a lot for your insightful posts. I read about Gandhak Rasayan and bought Baidyanath Gandhak Rasayan today(pic attached). I tried a lot of medical stores but couldn`t get Zandu brand here. What do you suggest..should i take this one or Zandu will be better? :)

#2,016 ·
@amrutha - Hello. Thanks a lot for your insightful posts. I read about Gandhak Rasayan and bought Baidyanath Gandhak Rasayan today(pic attached). I tried a lot of medical stores but couldn`t get Zandu brand here. What do you suggest..should i take this one or Zandu will be better? :)

Does it mention how many mg per tab and total number of tablets included?

Both are good brands, I think Baidhyanaths is Dabur n Zandu is Emamis. So no problem there.
Only difference is Zandu was higher mg per tab around 325 mg and Baidhyanath was much lesser. So that was convenient for me..
Personally I took more of Zandu and I think my results wur from that only.

#2,030 ·
Hey guys,

I had my MSM tablets left so was completing that..From yesterday i started GR 2gms a day. Hope it gives some good results. waiting eagerly. Will miss MSM as had loved the effects on hair and nails. After 2 months will definitely go back as now on tight budget :(
@ amrutha, dear any other low cost suggestions as running low on budget.

#2,033 ·
i took for 2 months. 3000mg per day. Since it was tablet form results on skin was slow ( i guess ). But did make a difference. skin was clear and smooth..and of course huge difference on hair and nails. my hair was think and bouncy. earlier it was very limp..i head big forehead which is less noticeable now. may be hair growth in the hairline or crown area..seriously no exaggeration :)

#2,034 ·
anybody aware of Coq10? i was prescribed for this medicine along with ALA for some health reasons. after taking this at 200mg each per day for about one month i saw tremendous results in skin. it lightened 3 shades with even skin tone. The best part was not just lightening, also younger skin.
But was scared to continue without proper guidance..pls help..

#2,038 ·
Yes,Coq10 could lighten skin.It's actually used for anti aging purposes.It recycles vitamin C and A also.It's an antioxidant so it can give lightening effects when your body is clear of toxins.and you used ALA also which is another antioxidant.
Coq10 should only be used in reduced form.
Dr.Mercola recommends it as one of his an essential supplements.
Google Dr.Mercola and Coq10 Ubiquinol to find out more about this supplement.

#2,051 ·
Hi guys
Sorry I was away and travelling for a while.
My glutathione regimen is a bit long to explain. Its showing good results. Even my parents are commenting on my skin. Thats a good thing :)
Will type it out tonight.

@Prettypink
As for the supplements, MSM and Gandhak rasayana are different compounds but are basically sulphur which is vital for hair growth and skin health. Gandhaka rasayana is basically harbally processed sublimed sulphur. You can find reviews on amazon for Sublimed sulphur.Lots of women use it directly mixed with hair oil to increase hair growth and have reported good results. I think you will just just as good results with supplementing with Gandhaka. But you will have to take it for atleast 2 months. Supplements work slow, some say it takes 6 months to a year. But Gandhaka worked relatively quickly for me- 2 months.

I'd go with atleast one sulphur supplement and vitamin c. This would be the minimum for skin and general health. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and collagen stimulant. You willl have better quality of skin. Antioxidants are good for health , good for skin health- might brighten, smoothen but they dont lighten unless its a sulphur compound or it helps recycle and helps keep glutathione in the reduced form like Vitamin C does.
Sulphur is the one that lightens - You can choose within MSM, NAC and Gandhaka rasayan or Glutathione.

Hey @amrutha super good to see you. Hope you are doing fine. We all are waiting for your Gluta regimen especially prettypink and me. Thanks a lot. so good to see you back.

#2,054 ·
Hi guys
Sorry I was away and travelling for a while.
My glutathione regimen is a bit long to explain. Its showing good results. Even my parents are commenting on my skin. Thats a good thing :)
Will type it out tonight.

@Prettypink
As for the supplements, MSM and Gandhak rasayana are different compounds but are basically sulphur which is vital for hair growth and skin health. Gandhaka rasayana is basically harbally processed sublimed sulphur. You can find reviews on amazon for Sublimed sulphur.Lots of women use it directly mixed with hair oil to increase hair growth and have reported good results. I think you will just just as good results with supplementing with Gandhaka. But you will have to take it for atleast 2 months. Supplements work slow, some say it takes 6 months to a year. But Gandhaka worked relatively quickly for me- 2 months.

I'd go with atleast one sulphur supplement and vitamin c. This would be the minimum for skin and general health. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and collagen stimulant. You willl have better quality of skin. Antioxidants are good for health , good for skin health- might brighten, smoothen but they dont lighten unless its a sulphur compound or it helps recycle and helps keep glutathione in the reduced form like Vitamin C does.
Sulphur is the one that lightens - You can choose within MSM, NAC and Gandhaka rasayan or Glutathione.

Oh yea. i did research on sublimed sulphur. real good reviews. for hair and acne prone skin. excellent.
Yes eagerly awaiting your Glutathione regimen..;)
Also you said you are using oral treatment for Sun protection. that too please......

#2,055 ·
@ amrutha, pls share the internal regime for SAP .
If i add retino A in my regimen, is it safe to leave at astaxantin 4 mg. or still i should go for topical sunblock?

Also i remembered you said you would be doing MSM serum with few other things..are you using that as a part of your regimen?

Eagerly waiting to hear from you :)

#2,059 ·
Hey guys, how things are working at your end....GR seems to be working fine. need to be patient as just been couple of weeks..

i was combing thru the entire site and found someone recommended a cheap zinc oxide based sunblock from elder pharmaceuticals. it has 15% zinc oxide and is just 50 bucks. will update soon how its is..

@ amrutha - sorry dear for troubling you. eagerly waiting when u will come back to help us on your internal regime for sun protection.

#2,061 ·
This is Anthical Lotion. Was very difficult to find in the chemist shop..Somehow found one. But not so worth. Smells exactly like calamine lotion. Leaves a light white cast on application and makes skin look dull :(

I read thru the old posts and Sunstop was highly recommended by Rajesh. He personally tried it to find the best Indian Zinc Sunblock. Micronized Zinc oxide are safe..it will not penetrate the skin unlike nano particles.
So i think you can stick to it.

#2,063 ·
Hello Guys,

I am looking for a sunscreen to prevent tanning completely.Is there any good zinc oxide based sunscreen available in india.Have anyone tried sunstop or la shield.The ones I have access to are suncross aquagel, photostable, la shield,sunstop, avene, la roche posay, cetaphil daylong kids etc.Which would be the best choice? anyone using these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.