If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:) - Page 3901

Thread: If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

Thankyou for your answer @gymrat ! ❤️I’ve been using amlactin on my face and body for about 5 weeks with no problems, but do you think I can use 15% LA on my face for more exfoliation or is this too strong for the face?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

1) Hi, what's the difference between LA peel and LA lotion? Can either be used for exfoliation? If not (only the peel can do that), can you recommend some ready made LA peel/lotion (ready to apply out of the box) please for the face AND body (% and brand)

2) Also, how helpful are serums in escalating the lightening process? If they are worth it, can you please recommend which serum to get AS WELL AS a lightener (I heard gel lighteners are more effective than creams - true?)

3) How much should each product be applied in a given week? What time interval should be kept between each of their application? Eg. Apply serum 2 hour after the peel, then 1 hr after apply the lightener...
    @gymrat

Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    Is 15% la lotion more potent that 12% ga lotion or same
    @shawtykid20 ummmm i would say 12% ga is more potent.. since ga is in general a more potent acid than la.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    Is 15% la lotion more potent that 12% ga lotion or same
    LA and GA are different acids and LA is mild, not as harsh as GA. GA will penetrate slightly deeper than LA. As with LA, if you are going to switch to GA, you need to start with a much lower % and ease up slowly. If you can use 15% LA and you want to switch to GA, start with 10-12% and see how you do. I personally can't use GA at a high %, would much rather stick with LA works better and isn't so aggressive.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by Lunabrown View Post
    Thankyou for your answer @gymrat ! ❤️I’ve been using amlactin on my face and body for about 5 weeks with no problems, but do you think I can use 15% LA on my face for more exfoliation or is this too strong for the face?
    How does your face do? Any sensitivity, irritation, or redness with Amlactin?

If not then use the 15% put only in a small area of your face for a few days and see how you do with it. You will know if its too strong for you.

Quote Originally Posted by usigx View Post
    1) Hi, what's the difference between LA peel and LA lotion? Can either be used for exfoliation? If not (only the peel can do that), can you recommend some ready made LA peel/lotion (ready to apply out of the box) please for the face AND body (% and brand)

2) Also, how helpful are serums in escalating the lightening process? If they are worth it, can you please recommend which serum to get AS WELL AS a lightener (I heard gel lighteners are more effective than creams - true?)

3) How much should each product be applied in a given week? What time interval should be kept between each of their application? Eg. Apply serum 2 hour after the peel, then 1 hr after apply the lightener...
    @gymrat
    LA lotion is a lotion base just contains lactic acid.
    LA peel is a peel solution. Does not contain lotion.
    Both work for exfoliating.
    Make Up Artist Choice has ready to apply products/peels/etc.

If you are acne prone, stick with gels/serums. If you have dry skin creams would work for you.

How often a product should be applied, it depends on which products you are talking about. Example, if its retin A, you apply it once a day, or once every other day if a beginner. There is no one size fits all........you have to do your research on the products you wish to use, start out slowly, monitor your own skin, and adjust accordingly.

Here would be a GREAT place to start......please read through this thread, it will answer most your questions
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...s-make-a-start

[QUOTE=mccartney;1661641]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisistemporary View Post
    Same with me. I am experiencing darkening too from the 12% GA ALPHA SKINCARE LOTION. But I am also seeing some peeling and a bit of flaky skin on a closer look. I guess it has the opposite effect on darker skin, because on white skin it would lighten quick. I think it's because darker skin is thicker and oilier than white skin, therefore we produce more and quicker dead skin cells that take time to come off.
    Soo what does it mean now? That it says like that forever? @Thisistemporary but i must say my skin cleard... its not so dull anymore.. i hope this proccess is only once and not constantley... otherwise i would have to dump glycolic acid[/QUOTE

Well in my case, I am going to continue using it until the dark spots are clear.

My aim is not to lighten heavily but to have an even skintone. By exfoliating with GA Lotion I can achieve an even skintone.
    It just takes time!! And I darkened 1 shade but once my knuckles and feets started peeling I knew it was worth it

In fact I could use GA lotion for years continuously but maybe only 2- 3x a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    LA lotion is a lotion base just contains lactic acid.
    LA peel is a peel solution. Does not contain lotion.
    Both work for exfoliating.
    Make Up Artist Choice has ready to apply products/peels/etc.

If you are acne prone, stick with gels/serums. If you have dry skin creams would work for you.

How often a product should be applied, it depends on which products you are talking about. Example, if its retin A, you apply it once a day, or once every other day if a beginner. There is no one size fits all........you have to do your research on the products you wish to use, start out slowly, monitor your own skin, and adjust accordingly.

Here would be a GREAT place to start......please read through this thread, it will answer most your questions
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...s-make-a-start
    - Thank you for your response. Would both LA peel and lotion be equally effective for exfoliating? Could you recommend the % for face AND body...

- Also what cream would you recommend for as strong lightening as possible (max potency)? Would it be suitable to use a high concentration(%) HQ? Plus Vit C pills would help?

- I was wondering about the amount of time that should be generally allowed between the application of exfoliator and serum+lightener..
    Last edited by usigx; 05-06-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asvpbenji3 View Post
    Look how awful my face looks. I dont know what 2 do
    skin1.jpg

Update! Almost a year later. My skin is looking amazing.
    I've been using
    Pixi Glow 5% Glycolic Acid Toner
    Pixi Glow 20% Glycolic Peel Pads
    Pixi Overnight Glow Serum
    Cetaphil Moisturizer
    Vitamin C 1000mg

these products have saved my skin!
    and thanks to @gymrat for reccomending me the Bioderma sunscreen!

@Asvpbenji3 wow congrats good job ... Im proud of you..

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements