Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#36,541 ·
I recently started my skin lightening regimen, and I have a few things I need some advice on.
I am new to skin lightening and this is the first time I have attempted to lighten my skin.
I read the beginner's guide as a starting point.
I started out with a peel and began my skin lightening regimen of kojic acid soap, skin brightening serums and skin lightening cream.
Should I have waited for a few more sessions of peels before I started the rest of my skin lightening regimen?
I have a permatan, especially on my arms and the middle of my upper chest area.

I also live in the South, and even though I use a broad spectrum sunscreen, I'm noticing my skin beginning to lighten but then it turns a bit darker (I know it's a bit too early to tell yet, but I have seen my skin began to lighten up but then get a little darker from sun exposure). :( And unfortunately for me, it is nearly impossible to just avoid the sun altogether.

Does anyone have any tips for those that live in the south and have to deal with more heat than in other areas?

I made another thread before I saw this one. I'll remember for next time.

#36,542 · (Edited)
HEY

Quick question

I have been doing weekly lactic acid peels (30%) for a while but im wondering, what lighteners would you guys recommend using alongside? have hyperpigmentation on some parts of my body. I don't want to use kojic but I'm thinking of using alpha arbutin (2-2.5%) in lotion and soap (3-4x a week). What do you guys think?

#36,545 ·
hi everyone I need some help
my arms have two shades ... basically outer arm is dark than inner arm and is so obvious there is a clear line between the two. I was thinking of skin occluding with my g&g mix of cream, oil and ikb get.i layer is after amlactin. Will that work to get it even or do I need something else?
ps I also do manual exfoliating and use asantee papaya and honey soap.
Try to spend a couple of months exfoliating before introducing a lightener for the hyperpigmentation. I've used asantee papaya and honey soap but it didn't exfoliate as much as I'd like it to. Maybe consider using likas papaya or fair and white exfoliating soap with a Korean towel to help you exfoliate? You could also introduce chemical peels (start with 10%) but its not recommended for beginners. I'd avoid g&g and ikb while exfoliating.

#36,546 ·
I recently started my skin lightening regimen, and I have a few things I need some advice on.
I am new to skin lightening and this is the first time I have attempted to lighten my skin.
I read the beginner's guide as a starting point.
I started out with a peel and began my skin lightening regimen of kojic acid soap, skin brightening serums and skin lightening cream.
Should I have waited for a few more sessions of peels before I started the rest of my skin lightening regimen?
I have a permatan, especially on my arms and the middle of my upper chest area.

I also live in the South, and even though I use a broad spectrum sunscreen, I'm noticing my skin beginning to lighten but then it turns a bit darker (I know it's a bit too early to tell yet, but I have seen my skin began to lighten up but then get a little darker from sun exposure). :( And unfortunately for me, it is nearly impossible to just avoid the sun altogether.

Does anyone have any tips for those that live in the south and have to deal with more heat than in other areas?

I made another thread before I saw this one. I'll remember for next time.
Should I have waited for a few more sessions of peels before I started the rest of my skin lightening regimen? > Ideally, you should exfoliate a couple of months before introducing a lightener.

Sun > is a huge issue, if you want to get rid of your permatan, you will need to invest in a good sunblock before it gets worse. Stick to physical sunscreens with a high percentage of zinc oxide. Look for mexoryl filters as this helps with preventing tanning (to an extent). I like Japanese sunscreens like hada labo and shiseido but I use more than one sunscreen. Look into UV clothing and sunglasses. Have a look around this forum for sun protection recommendations also, Youtube has a few good videos. Most people don't know how to re-apply sunscreen, most do not know that you need to re-apply every 2 hours. You need to learn to use sunblock appropriately, for it to work. Sun is your greatest enemy and it is one of the top reasons for skin aging.

#36,549 ·
Try to spend a couple of months exfoliating before introducing a lightener for the hyperpigmentation. I've used asantee papaya and honey soap but it didn't exfoliate as much as I'd like it to. Maybe consider using likas papaya or fair and white exfoliating soap with a Korean towel to help you exfoliate? You could also introduce chemical peels (start with 10%) but its not recommended for beginners. I'd avoid g&g and ikb while exfoliating.

Thank you.

#36,550 ·
@yemeve and @gymrat - I should adopt this system of marking my tubes too... I easily tend to overuse some n forget others.
Your pictures make me smile.....I write on my products as well. Otherwise they sit staring at me :eek: @yemeve

#36,552 ·
@yemeve and @gymrat - I should adopt this system of marking my tubes too... I easily tend to overuse some n forget others.
@AIME It does make things easier. I started marking my products when I was on Obagi, that system/routine was so hard to remember which days to apply what. Plus theres nothing worse then spending $ on a product then forgetting to use it :hehe:

#36,553 ·
Tell me about it @gymrat - I'm still mourning a tube I found afew days ago among my stash that I bought n forgot all about, and has expired now (still new and unopened) ... And its an arbutin+kojic+vits e+c+sa=all yummies :( :(

#36,554 ·
Hi my dear @yemeve .... Could you please kindly post the ingredients of that LightenUp Plus tube cream? .... Thanks.

#36,557 ·
Tell me about it @gymrat - I'm still mourning a tube I found afew days ago among my stash that I bought n forgot all about, and has expired now (still new and unopened) ... And its an arbutin+kojic+vits e+c+sa=all yummies :( :(
@AIME, does it have an expiration date? If so you might be ok because it is unopened. Does it have a seal? And does the back have one of these symbols?
Line art Text Line Font Clip art

#36,559 ·