Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,362 ·
Hi guys, I have a question for you. So this happened a few months ago, I used YPO on my neck and belly as per instructions and first week the skin that comes off after peeling looks so good, like my original tone but then it starts to get dark again and goes even darker than before. So I went to happy to sad. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, my skin is NC35 I think. Should I try it again? I have small bottle of YPO. I've only been using kojic sans soap and using zinc oxide sunscreen these past months and I think I'm gonna start using lighteners instead of just exfoliating.
@Ursaringgrr I cosign @saucey, give your skin time to heal. After YPO peel you have to be careful & baby your new skin. No scrubbing, no harsh exfoliating soaps or creams for at least 3 wks post peel. Use mild soaps and mild lighteners like vitamin c or niacinamide to avoid redarkening.

#39,363 ·
I have been to my derm a few times. I’ve gotten some topical antibiotics. I’ve been using pfb vanish + chromabright and the bumps are drying out thank god! Just need something to get rid of the dark spots.
@Asvpbenji3 topicals alone won`t help. You may also need oral steroids/antibiotics if the inflammation keeps coming back. The derm needs to run tests to find the cause otherwise those bumps will keep coming back.

#39,366 ·
Thanks! I will look into it. Will it get rid of the dark spots? The spots are raised and thick so will it lighten them? They have been there for years now I have tried so many products but they refuse to get lighter. @gymrat
the tend skin will definitely help with razor burn, bumps, redness, etc. As for the years of old scars, have you tried retin A? If that doesn’t help I would recommend spot treating each of them with a peel solution. How is your skin other then your neck area? Do you typically have acne prone skin? If you do and its cystic acne like the marks in the photo (the dark lingering marks) those look like cystic, if you are suffering from that on your face, I would definitely see a Derm. Accutane was a game changer for me. I took it for 6 months, it was SO worth it, I haven’t battled acne since. Have my occasional 1 or 2 every now and again, but they are tiny, and go away no scars left behind.

But do give the Tend Skin a try especially use it before you get a hair cut and immediately afterwards.

@Asvpbenji3 yes they will fade it .. but u really should see a derm.. even tho u might be able to vanish the spots and scars overtime but maybe not preventing them to form againe...

Ps: take the advice gymrat has given u and order this tend skin loool its a good one , ive been doin some further research and it turns out that that products is really great.. i am goin to order it too hahah...
Your becoming a product junkie @mccartney :p j/k but really its a great product, you should order it!! especially if you suffer with razor burn.

#39,368 ·
@saucey @Mazikeen thanks for the reply. I see, I think I used kojic sans soap after 1 week, big mistake maybe. That was a few months ago tho. I think I'm gonna give it a try again but don't want to do neck first, any other part that is similar to the neck? maybe below armpits? I'm gonna be extremely careful about post peeling.
@Ursaringgrr try your arms or legs, less sensitive.

#39,369 ·
@naymag and anyone who've used Santarde cleanser before? Pls what was your experience does it lighten the face too much? Between Peau de Lune and Santarde which is better for the face?

I've personally use Peau de Lune but i didn't like it...it made my dark circles bad

Also anyone used White Now Lotion before?

#39,370 ·
@naymag and anyone who've used Santarde cleanser before? Pls what was your experience does it lighten the face too much? Between Peau de Lune and Santarde which is better for the face?

I've personally use Peau de Lune but i didn't like it...it made my dark circles bad

@EmmaGH sis, stop tempting us with all these goodies :rofl::rofl:u got me googling:type: and drooling. Ugh! oan I think peau de lune darkened u coz it contains hq as a main ingredient?

#39,371 ·
@EmmaGH sis, stop tempting us with all these goodies :rofl::rofl:u got me googling:type: and drooling. Ugh! oan I think peau de lune darkened u coz it contains hq as a main ingredient?
Long Time Sis I trust u good :)....

lol ive been eyeing those two products but I can't seem to get much information on them

And yeah u right my under eyes darkened cos of the HQ
@Mazikeen

#39,372 ·
Long Time Sis I trust u good :)....

lol ive been eyeing those two products but I can't seem to get much information on them

And yeah u right my under eyes darkened cos of the HQ
@Mazikeen
@EmmaGH am good sis. Waiting patiently for your review;). U could try vit c serum, it helps brighten eye area making them less noticeable. oan do u use any eyelash grwoth serums like careprost or latisse? When I used careprost I had the worst panda eyes. I legit looked like I was clubbing 24/7 even after 8 hrs sleep.

#39,377 ·
@thisistempoarary hey which one of the lines did u use? Was the exclusive or platinum line?
Fade cream exclusive line, body milk platinum line, for very dry skin mix a little glycerin otherwise you will darken
@Thisistemporary thanks! Is this the one you used? How would I know if it’s the new formula? I’ve been contemplating on using this line for some time now but I didn’t
Yes that's the kne

#39,378 ·
@thisistempoarary hey which one of the lines did u use? Was the exclusive or platinum line?
Fade cream exclusive line, body milk platinum line, for very dry skin mix a little glycerin otherwise you will darken
@Thisistemporary thanks! Is this the one you used? How would I know if it’s the new formula? I’ve been contemplating on using this line for some time now but I didn’t
Yes that's the kne
Lol im wondering if I received a fake one because it’s smell like cocoa butter lotion kinda is that what yours smelled like?

#39,379 ·

i never try these products before. What’s their main ingredients? @EmmaGH