Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,421 ·
@gymrat I’m using 1% twice per week I love my ra lol is that enough to exfoliate my face or would you recommend I incorporate a mild peel as well?
@saucey, if you can bump it up to 3 times a week. So....., Mon, Wed, Fri apply RA. Its plenty to exfoliate. After you have used it 4-6 weeks 3 times a week. Stop using it for a week, and apply a peel. The thing with using RA and a peel is you will have better peel results (because you are well exfoliated. I use RA right up to applying my peels, but I don't recommend it the first time around. To be save, better to stop RA for 5-7 days prior to the peel.

But once you get to that stage and you want to apply a peel, PM me. I will walk you through it :thumbsup:

#39,422 ·
Thank you so much! It’s probably on another thread but I’ve searched and there were Zero responses. I understand, thanks. Use KA soap & AB soap prior to Vit C? Can I not use them together or? Okay thank you, I’ll switch to lighter Oil for my face. Okay great, I read that KA oxidize. What percentage is safe I was thinking 6% KA & 6% Alpha Arbutin? Also how do I mix them? What do you mean “3-4 days”, is that how often I should mix it or how often I should use it on my skin?So so sorry I’m new to the whole DIY thing
@SkinQueen11

Yes, pick one of your soaps, use it in the AM then apply Vit C on cleansed skin.
Yes, get a lighter oil, and only use 1-2 drops, a little goes a long ways, and will go even further if you apply it on damp skin!
Where did you get your KA from?? And what I mean is don't make a batch that can't be used up in 3-4 days, make small batches.

No need to be sorry, we all have to start somewhere :thumbsup: it can be confusing but once you do it a few times will become habit!

#39,423 ·
@SkinQueen11

Yes, pick one of your soaps, use it in the AM then apply Vit C on cleansed skin.
Yes, get a lighter oil, and only use 1-2 drops, a little goes a long ways, and will go even further if you apply it on damp skin!
Where did you get your KA from?? And what I mean is don't make a batch that can't be used up in 3-4 days, make small batches.

No need to be sorry, we all have to start somewhere :thumbsup: it can be confusing but once you do it a few times will become habit!

Thank you so much @gymrat, I feel so silly yesterday I noticed there’s a DIY Forum. It doesn’t have all the info I’m looking for but it gave me some good insights!

So to remove dark circles & under eyes - Vitamin C serum that I will use separately from AA & KA correct?
Face Lighter oils

I also figured 6% is too much cause max is 4%
so I’ll do
KA - 4/5% (Oxidizes so use within 3-4 days)
AA - 3-4%
Niacinamide - 4-6%
Layer my Coconut oil & Shea Butter instead of mixing in my DIY

Can I get Carrot oil? Will it help with making me Yellow?
Also the steps of mixing are off to me.

I totally get now, I’ll be purchasing from MakingCosmetics or LotionCrafters.

#39,424 ·
hi have you taken a look at our diy threads? In terms of making the KA 6% that is way too strong and it will irritate your skin especially if this will be your first time.. depending on the kind and where u purchase the usage rate will be around 2% max 4%
yes, I just went through the DIY forum & I saw maximum is like 4%
i think I’ll do 3-4% I guess

I’m gonna be mixing it with 100ml-120ml since I read it oxidize

#39,427 ·
@brown2light no worries, I don't mind the questions :heart: Brown2light, I would highly recommend MUAC, I am going to link them below for you, read through the peels, this is totally something you can apply and do at home. Don't order the full size, order the sample size, its PLENTY for you to get several peels out of. And, when in doubt about choosing send them an email, they have awesome customer service!! Also, if you order a peel be sure to use their promo code for 20% off.

Read through all the peels, but one to consider is Fade Peel. TCA isn't for you, but plenty of other ones are, so please check them out! https://www.makeupartistschoice.com/Best-at-home-chemical-peels

If you have it done professionally, the Derm office you choose would know which peel to apply for you. You have lots of Derms where you are, google some near by, read their reviews!! Make sure they have experience with your skin tone/complexion, if you are unsure, I will help you find one. PM me a few and I will check them out for you.
Thanks a bunch

#39,428 ·
@gymrat Ok so here's the burn normally i'd PM this but i can't, just wanna know what to do to get it to look normal again the dark circle is really irritating me, so would like some pearls of wisom.. be warned, also i don't get how everywhere else turned out fine and just this stupid elbow lol
That's not a burn......apply neosporin, and let the rest peel!!

You might need to budge it a bit, get an oil, on damp skin, while in the shower get a bit of oil and gently rub on your elbow, gently lifting the skin that hasn't peeled. Once out of the shower, again, apply neosporin.
Keep loose clothing on, so nothing tight where it would be rubbing/irritating your elbows.

The thing with "peels", you have to let the peel work the way it was intended. Don't expect overnight changes by just applying a peel. Your skin isn't going to change nor peel overnight. It takes time......it takes patience, and.......more then just applying a peel one time.

With each peel your skin improves that much more. You can't jump ahead of the game, and apply apply apply, without giving your skin the chance to heal. Also, you can't jump ahead and think ok let me use 50% strength and get faster results.....this never works out the way you think it will. Start with a low %, figure out how peels work, then move up in strength, with this, you are also gaining knowledge of how acids work.

Your on track @Nadra keep up the good work, only thing I would do, is next go around, lower the strength. This was GA your using, not LA, so lower the strength. They work similar but GA is much more harsh then LA.

#39,429 ·
Thank you so much @gymrat , I feel so silly yesterday I noticed there’s a DIY Forum. It doesn’t have all the info I’m looking for but it gave me some good insights!

So to remove dark circles & under eyes - Vitamin C serum that I will use separately from AA & KA correct?
Face Lighter oils

I also figured 6% is too much cause max is 4%
so I’ll do
KA - 4/5% (Oxidizes so use within 3-4 days)
AA - 3-4%
Niacinamide - 4-6%
Layer my Coconut oil & Shea Butter instead of mixing in my DIY

Can I get Carrot oil? Will it help with making me Yellow?
Also the steps of mixing are off to me.

I totally get now, I’ll be purchasing from MakingCosmetics or LotionCrafters.
So when you are shopping for ingredients, lets say your on Lotioncrafters site, you bring up B3 (niacinamide) click on "formulation guide" there is your gold mine, this is where you will find all the info you need to use this ingredient. Usage rate is how much is recommended in a recipe, the other important thing is solubility. Does it work with water or oil base products.

Take your time on those 2 sites researching the ingredient you want to use, get familiar with what you are looking at. It will help you understand once you start DIY your own stuff, just knowing how these ingredients work. And if all else fails, come back and ask questions. If its DIY related, post on the DIY forum, so we can keep the flow of the forum going and keep important info in one place :thumbsup: But please....., if you are unsure about an ingredient or just need to ask questions, don't hesitate to ask!! Plenty of us here to help you!!

#39,432 ·
Chiny!! How are you?? All my Nigeria girls have been MIA, I miss you guys! :heart: @chiny

Have you tried using LA lotion on your feet? Apply it 1-2 times a day, and wrap your feet with socks as often as you can. As for the spider veins, compression!! Whether its compression socks or compression hose, this will help a TON!! especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet, compression will help you.
@gymrat Thanks a lot boo.

#39,433 ·
So when you are shopping for ingredients, lets say your on Lotioncrafters site, you bring up B3 (niacinamide) click on "formulation guide" there is your gold mine, this is where you will find all the info you need to use this ingredient. Usage rate is how much is recommended in a recipe, the other important thing is solubility. Does it work with water or oil base products.

Take your time on those 2 sites researching the ingredient you want to use, get familiar with what you are looking at. It will help you understand once you start DIY your own stuff, just knowing how these ingredients work. And if all else fails, come back and ask questions. If its DIY related, post on the DIY forum, so we can keep the flow of the forum going and keep important info in one place :thumbsup: But please....., if you are unsure about an ingredient or just need to ask questions, don't hesitate to ask!! Plenty of us here to help you!!

Thank you so much I’ll start a new thread there after I soak up the new information.

Does Vitamin E & Carrot Oil hemp with being Yellow?
I read that AA & KA makes you pale - whitish kind of light, I personally prefer the yellow-light caramel colour (e.g Rihanna/Sanaa Lathan and not Beyonce/Nicki Minaj)

also KA oxidizing & not going well with Vitamin C is stressing me, can I replace KA powder with a strong KA lighting soap instead and use AA, Vit C & Niacinamide in the lotion to lighten/maintain?

#39,434 ·
#39,436 ·
Make a lip scrub simply usin sugar and olive oil... use that to scrub ur lips 2-3 times a weeks..

also use lemon juice on them.. fresh lemon lime mix one teaspoon of lemonlime and half teaspoon of olive oil.. apply on lips and after 10 mins u rinse.. do it also few times a week and u will be fine... and dont forget to use a lip balm afterwards which contains some spf...

of course other ppl can also give their advice.. we learn from each other!!
Thanks @mccartney this is really helpful I will definitely be doing this 3-4 times per week.

#39,437 ·
That's not a burn......apply neosporin, and let the rest peel!!

You might need to budge it a bit, get an oil, on damp skin, while in the shower get a bit of oil and gently rub on your elbow, gently lifting the skin that hasn't peeled. Once out of the shower, again, apply neosporin.
Keep loose clothing on, so nothing tight where it would be rubbing/irritating your elbows.

The thing with "peels", you have to let the peel work the way it was intended. Don't expect overnight changes by just applying a peel. Your skin isn't going to change nor peel overnight. It takes time......it takes patience, and.......more then just applying a peel one time.

With each peel your skin improves that much more. You can't jump ahead of the game, and apply apply apply, without giving your skin the chance to heal. Also, you can't jump ahead and think ok let me use 50% strength and get faster results.....this never works out the way you think it will. Start with a low %, figure out how peels work, then move up in strength, with this, you are also gaining knowledge of how acids work.

Your on track @Nadra keep up the good work, only thing I would do, is next go around, lower the strength. This was GA your using, not LA, so lower the strength. They work similar but GA is much more harsh then LA.

Thanks @gymrat that means a lot! You were right it was just peeling it's gone back to normal now and it's lighter which is exactly the result i wanted and not so red :D, From now on i'm only using LA and going slow although i wanna try a YPO on my stomach because its starting to stick out as being the only dark part now, seems it's immune lol i've PM'd you about it hope you don't mind! :)

#39,438 ·
Thanks @gymrat that means a lot! You were right it was just peeling it's gone back to normal now and it's lighter which is exactly the result i wanted and not so red :D, From now on i'm only using LA and going slow although i wanna try a YPO on my stomach because its starting to stick out as being the only dark part now, seems it's immune lol i've PM'd you about it hope you don't mind! :)
Don't mind at all, I will check it!