Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,281 ·
Has anyone actually used the mama Africa lightening products and gotten results? , because the ingredients look really good and I feel like we are missing out on some good ish . I recently bought Their clairmen Kojic soap and it feels good and brightened my skin. Please share if you have any experiences with any other products
@colormebright I’m definitely willing to try their products specially the clair men row looks good. Is the smell very masculine? I’m female...
It’s smells good, can’t say it’s gender specific besides it being marketed towards men.

#39,282 ·
Good to know, so even boosting it with their serums wouldn’t work I suppose ?

Back to the drawing board now lol
@colormebright yea even if u boost it with their serums.. for example ur naturally light skin u might probabley lighten 2 shades overtime.. but not more... and for darker types its useless just a brightener...

besides is that u on the profile picture? I thought ur a female lol

#39,284 ·
@chiny sweetheart can I get some help with my lips as well. they get dark in winter and I would like to start working on them as soon as possibly.
Make a lip scrub simply usin sugar and olive oil... use that to scrub ur lips 2-3 times a weeks..

also use lemon juice on them.. fresh lemon lime mix one teaspoon of lemonlime and half teaspoon of olive oil.. apply on lips and after 10 mins u rinse.. do it also few times a week and u will be fine... and dont forget to use a lip balm afterwards which contains some spf...

of course other ppl can also give their advice.. we learn from each other!!

#39,285 ·
Good to know, so even boosting it with their serums wouldn’️t work I suppose ?

Back to the drawing board now lol
@colormebright yea even if u boost it with their serums.. for example ur naturally light skin u might probabley lighten 2 shades overtime.. but not more... and for darker types its useless just a brightener...

besides is that u on the profile picture? I thought ur a female lol
I am a whole man lmao, thanks for saving me the time and money with these products

#39,287 ·
#39,288 ·
@Mazikeen

Aha! Thank you i was just thinking about mixing Dodo with G&G and IKB Gel because i layer them anyways but i will stick to layering! Thanks!

So I exfoliate with 40% lactic acid peels weekly and use Kojic soap in the shower inbetween and then use F&W white bottle, Dodo, G&G and IKB gel to layer also, would you suggest anything else i could improve on because i feel like i'm hitting a plateau :(
@Nadra Your regies has alot of acids. I think you should reduce the lactic peels to biweekly. Alternate your kojic soap with a normal mild soap or a papaya soap and take a break from the lotion to skin build. You could incorporate heavy duty peels like YPO/GPO into your regie every 3mths to boost speed up results.

#39,290 ·
@colormebright I’m definitely willing to try their products specially the clair men row looks good. Is the smell very masculine? I’m female...
@acnefree @mccartney @colormebright I think the product underrated . The shower gel the bomb , it has glycolic acid main ingredient good for exfoliation. Mix their cream with hq cream like caro white or skin white I think you would get good results

#39,291 ·
@Nadra Your regies has alot of acids. I think you should reduce the lactic peels to biweekly. Alternate your kojic soap with a normal mild soap or a papaya soap and take a break from the lotion to skin build. You could incorporate heavy duty peels like YPO/GPO into your regie every 3mths to boost speed up results.
ok thanks will try i just iike being exfoliated because i find my skin absorbs the creams more but will take your advice!

#39,294 ·
ok thanks will try i just iike being exfoliated because i find my skin absorbs the creams more but will take your advice!
:rofl::rofl:ikr. I`m addicted to YPO/GPO peels....love how my skin peels in sheets but I have noticed when I go overboard with exfo I darken. I suspect you have hit a plateau coz your skin has had enough of the acids. Give your skin sometine to regenerate then continue with your regie.

#39,297 ·
Thank you so much for responding, is RA only for face, and is there any KA serum you can recommend?
First off, oil and water don't mix, it will separate, just like vinegar and oil does, unless you have an emulsifier. Which KA powder do you have? My guess is its water soluble. So if your base cream is water base, you can add your KA to it. If its oil based, it won't mix.

Use your RA in the PM after you cleanse, use it on its own, and use it on separate nights as your GA lotion. So you could use RA Monday, Wed, Friday, and GA lotion Tues Thurs all in the PM, then skin build Sat/Sun.

Hope this helps @oluomo :heart:

#39,298 ·
@gymrat the link u gave shawtykid for ordering ga on amazon.. ive just orderd it too.. and delivery was pretty fast lol.. probabley because ive used prime.. however the bottle is huuge lol..

as it is 70% ga ill need 6 and a half tablespoon of ga to get approx 17,5% ga lotion right? Cuz with 60% ga it was 7 and a half tablespoon to get like 17,5%

#39,299 ·
:rofl::rofl:ikr. I`m addicted to YPO/GPO peels....love how my skin peels in sheets but I have noticed when I go overboard with exfo I darken. I suspect you have hit a plateau coz your skin has had enough of the acids. Give your skin sometine to regenerate then continue with your regie.
@Mazikeen The thing is i'm not peeling enough, i wanna try a YPO peel, could you recommend a good source for me to get one? Just wanna use for my body as i tried a YPO peel before and it was too low and didn't peel at all - thanks for all the help!