Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,462 ·
Help

what is the difference between retinol and retina A? I used whitenicous for years and it kept my skin nice and brown, now I have acne all over my face and really bad skin discolouration from using those products...... anyone have any lightening lotions they can recommend without hydroquinone?

#39,467 ·
@EmmaGH forgot to ask ... can you recommend a good face lightening cream with no HQ please?
Also it’s winter in the UK, do I still need to wear sunscreen ?
Gels (oily skin cos gels are really drying), Tube Cream and Serum from Mitchellbrands contains Arbutin
(precious, carotis, lemonvate, clovate, ikb (if u want the pale-pinky look)

with the Ordinary Products And Vitamin C Serums

Well mitchellbrands gels and tube creams somewhat break other people out so I'll urge u to use a BHA or AHA Toner before applying it

Or You Can Get Cerave SA Cream and Mix Ikb Gel Into It In batches to be used for ur face
(make fresh batch every week or u can mix in ur palm before applying )

Yeah sunscreen is vital...skip it during the night, snowy or raining "day"
@Lunabrown

#39,475 ·
Don't u think 20% of GA is too strong ?
I have 77% of GA and I want to make small batch maybe 250ml ... how many teaspoon of GA do I need to add to the lotion? Thx
20% GA lotion is strong you won't be able to use that daily. Apply a small amount in one area and see how you do with it. I have 20% GA but can only use it every now and again. Just don't get crazy with it @beautione

To make a small batch 250ml with 77% GA, you will need to add 3 ounces of GA to your base lotion.

#39,478 ·
@gymrat I made a mistake.. I have 70% of GA and I want to make 15% GA lotion 250ml..
Thx
Ok, no worries, @beautione if your GA is 70% and you want to make 15%, you will add 2.3 ounces of GA to your base lotion. See how you do with the 15% give it a few weeks, if you do ok, then bump it up. Always better to start lower and increase if your skin can tolerate it, then start high and regret it!

#39,480 ·
@EmmaGH ... Thankyou for your help I purchased Vit c serum ... it’s early days but I think it’s gradually brightening the skin around my eyes.
Can you recommend a good ka serum please? I’m considering fair and white serums, as I live in the uk it has ka instead of hq - but I don’t know if their serums are effective/which to use