Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#35,063 ·
thank u, i have no problem to use carowhite on face, its okay, 1serum carotene is 30ml its enough or i must mix 2 serum ?
@Dado,

Carowhite and Nadinola are both HQ. You only need one or the other. Nadinola has 3% HQ but its made for faces. Carowhite is more for the rest of the body. I wouldn't use it on the face although many have without problems. I recommend layering instead of mixing. Carotene serum first. Then the Nadinola. You'll need a moisturizer also if you have dry skin.

HTH!

#35,067 ·
@oumi
As many times I thought about giving up, I haven't yet. so don't give up. just be hopeful.
Im having a little trouble with that too, for the face. I made a batch but it's not brown. I didn't use eurcerin I used some kinda cream with PG in it. Since it's not brown, I'll see if it works.

I got advice to use 1-2 drops of LA to the warm PG before you add HQ. LA would prevent oxidation.

Instead of the cling wrap use a small jar with a screw lid so no air is exposed while your HQ dissolves

do a gentle swirl without opening the jar. the hq will dissolve way better without having to be exposed to air so no need to stir just swirl. It will be clear with tiny oil dots. no yellow tint. quickly add to the cream. shake

You can also add the preservative sodium metabisulfite to your HQ mix will help. dissolve 0.1g of SM (just a pinch) in water then pour in your HQcream. just a very small amount of water for it just to dissolve.

honestly, when I do equal amounts of DPG and HQ it will not dissolve AT ALL. the mixture was thick, cloudy and brown and I saw crystals so I made another mixture and ended up putting just a little more DPG. just a little, and when I did that the HQ dissolved clear.

I'm making 5% for the face
this stuff is tricky working with very small proportions.

if it doesn't work, then I'm just going to use f&f or something. but don't give up.

I'm using 10% hq serum for body skin hq/dpg and it's going well compounded. much simpler

#35,068 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I need ur help pls!!!
I am currently using G&G lightening cream pink lid mixed with sure white serum and Retin-A for the first time and it has given me a very nice colour, but het only problem is that am having lots of stretch marks and I really don't know why. I am using Likas soap to bath, and before I started using this mixture I was using Amlactin lotion for three month to exfoliate and it made my skin so nice but no lightening tho! Can someone pls tell me why is this happening and what to do? is it the sure white serum or the G&G cream cus I don't think the Retin-A would do that.

last but not the least has anyone use carotone trio for knuckles and knee? Did it work, how did u use it and how long did it take before u see result?
I ask lots of questions, but pls bear with me.

Thanks in advance!

#35,073 ·
Hello? I am a newbie here and have read through most threads. Thank you all for the wonderful Info. I have purchased all my
Goodies to start my 6 weeks exfoliation. I was wondering, when do i apply my sunscreen? Do I apply it after I put on my fair&white aha lotion? And also, do I apply it only when I am stepping out of the house or it has to be every single day? Another question do I use any serums when exfoliating? My current plan for exfoliating is week 1 Fair and white aha soap, lotion; fair and white aha lotion sunscreen is badger zinc oxide sunscreen. What do i put on face as far as oils? Can i use the fair & white AHA lotion on my
Face?

#35,076 ·
Hey guys, I need ur help pls!!!
I am currently using G&G lightening cream pink lid mixed with sure white serum and Retin-A for the first time and it has given me a very nice colour, but het only problem is that am having lots of stretch marks and I really don't know why. I am using Likas soap to bath, and before I started using this mixture I was using Amlactin lotion for three month to exfoliate and it made my skin so nice but no lightening tho! Can someone pls tell me why is this happening and what to do? is it the sure white serum or the G&G cream cus I don't think the Retin-A would do that.

last but not the least has anyone use carotone trio for knuckles and knee? Did it work, how did u use it and how long did it take before u see result?
I ask lots of questions, but pls bear with me.

Thanks in advance!
Do you skinbuild if not you should. Twice a week use some shea butter and aloe Vera gel that will help strengthen your skin. You are experience skin thinning. For now use a regular soap like dove or body wash like caress instead of Likas and instead of gng use shea butter at night and jojoba, almond or EVOO during the day for a week or two to strengthen your skin. After that when you go back to gng. After applying gng five minutes later apply olive oil during the day and shea butter at night. Until your skin is strong again then you can use EVOO and shea butter strictly on skinbuilding days.

#35,078 ·
Hello? I am a newbie here and have read through most threads. Thank you all for the wonderful Info. I have purchased all my
Goodies to start my 6 weeks exfoliation. I was wondering, when do i apply my sunscreen? Do I apply it after I put on my fair&white aha lotion? And also, do I apply it only when I am stepping out of the house or it has to be every single day? Another question do I use any serums when exfoliating? My current plan for exfoliating is week 1 Fair and white aha soap, lotion; fair and white aha lotion sunscreen is badger zinc oxide sunscreen. What do i put on face as far as oils? Can i use the fair & white AHA lotion on my
Face?
Sorry, i'm not familiar with Fair and White products but you always apply Sunscreen every single day, no matter the weather, AND it's the last thing you apply. Typically, a morning routine would be to cleanse, tone if desired, your AHA (or BHA) for exfoliation, a serum if desired, and last a moisturizer w/SPF. Night routine would be the same except no need for Sunscreen, just a moisturizer. Exfoliation... you want to be cautious, not over do exfoliation. it's good to do on a regular basis depending on what your individual skin can tolerate---you do not want to irritate your skin. You can use a chemical exfoliant, like your AHA (skin surface), or you can physically exfoliate with a microfiber cloth (get skin surface AND pores) specifically for that purpose---don't use scrubs as many are too harsh. Some people exfoliate 2 maybe 3 times wkly, some do it once daily. You mentioned an AHA soap and an AHA lotion? If you cleanse with an AHA soap/cleanser you shouldn't then put on an AHA lotion---pick one exfoliant. Besides an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) there also a BHA (beta hydroxy acid). A BHA (salicylic acid) penetrates the pores. A good Microfiber cloth will also clean pores.

#35,079 ·
Hey guys,

So I've been lightening for like a month and I've made good progress. Problem is I have one sister who is light skinned like my mom and one sister that is around my original shade, which is a light tan color. When I stand next to my tan sister I'm ALOT lighter, and when I stand next to my light sister I look pale but not lighter than her. It's hard to explain but she looks yellow compared to me. I still have a slight tan hue to my skin but it's a pale tan with red around my cheeks and she's a yellow all over. Is this because we have different undertones or what? I wanted to lighten to get her and my mom's skin tone but I don't think I can because they're yellowy light skinned and I don't have that yellow. I'll end up being pale white and never get that yellow tone they have. Btw were middle eastern which is why they have that yellow white skin and why I'm lightening very quickly. We tan quickly but lighten quickly as well. So yea, is it cause we have different undertones? Is she warm and I'm cool toned?

#35,080 · (Edited)
Do you skinbuild if not you should. Twice a week use some shea butter and aloe Vera gel that will help strengthen your skin. You are experience skin thinning. For now use a regular soap like dove or body wash like caress instead of Likas and instead of gng use shea butter at night and jojoba, almond or EVOO during the day for a week or two to strengthen your skin. After that when you go back to gng. After applying gng five minutes later apply olive oil during the day and shea butter at night. Until your skin is strong again then you can use EVOO and shea butter strictly on skinbuilding days.
@moon maiden; Thanks alot sweetie:)! I never even though about skin building. I have Bio oil which i use after shaving, almond en jojoba oil which i use for my natural hair journey, can i use these as well on my body? what is EVOO? can I use these cream on the pic during the day as a moisturizer? pls check them out.

Skin Product Hand Skin care Cream
Food Superfruit
pls check the ingredient uit! Product Water Lotion Shampoo Skin care