Skin Care Talk banner

Peeling, peeling, peeling...

12K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  christina love 
#1 ·
For those vets out there, this is my current situation- I am peeling like a snake! I decided to go ahead and do the RA/SKINLIGHT method and so far, the peeling has been well, massive. I am wondering if I should wait to add in the skinlight since it seems to be on the dead skin which would eventually be washed off when I shower... I do a mix of RA followed by SkinLight every night or every other night, depending on how my skin feels, and while it is revealing new skin..I don't seem to be lightening at all...also, I have been scratching in my sleep, my skin is ridiculously itchy) to the point that I am developing PIH :(

What can I use to moisturize properly, while still being exfoliated?

See less See more
#4 ·
Baby the area and moisturize it as much as possible. EVOO, Shea Butter, Vit E oil whatever u have on hand. Try not to scratch or pick at the area, u can counteract the itching with a thin layer of hydrocortisone. Don't apply anymore RA to the area until after it has fully peeled and healed.

#17 ·
It took me like 3-5 days to peel like this.. But I use RA every other night, so this peeling is CONSTANT. Which led me to an epiphany of sorts, once this peeling starts, I then baby it until it's all healed, THEN apply the HQ/lightener of choice? I always wondered how the vets here would be peeling and lightening, if they would always have new skin to deal with.

This is my plan- finish peeling, let everything heal. Then use SkinLight for about 1-2 weeks then begin the peeling process again...is this how you all are achieving the even and light tones that I see on here?

Thanks a bunch!

-m

#18 ·
It took me like 3-5 days to peel like this.. But I use RA every other night, so this peeling is CONSTANT. Which led me to an epiphany of sorts, once this peeling starts, I then baby it until it's all healed, THEN apply the HQ/lightener of choice? I always wondered how the vets here would be peeling and lightening, if they would always have new skin to deal with.

This is my plan- finish peeling, let everything heal. Then use SkinLight for about 1-2 weeks then begin the peeling process again...is this how you all are achieving the even and light tones that I see on here?

Thanks a bunch!

-m
BUMP

#21 ·
i agree..but i think u shud take a sea salt bath first apply glycerin wait 15-30 mins then sit in the sea salt water for 30 mins...this just helps to loosen dead skin u can use a sponge or flanel to wipe down the dead skin but make sure its nothing rough u dont want to over exfoliate after that dry uself then use evoo.....this deffinately helps....and like everyone said mosturise ur skin well....and dont over exfoliate....the sea salt method loosens dead skin...

#22 ·
After I have healed, how long do I add in the lightener before I start the peeling process again? This is my plan- I will discontinue the RA use and finish peeling so I can let everything heal. Then use SkinLight for about 1-2 weeks then begin the peeling process again...is this how you all are achieving the even and light tones that I see on here?

Thanks a bunch!

-m

#23 ·
After I have healed, how long do I add in the lightener before I start the peeling process again? This is my plan- I will discontinue the RA use and finish peeling so I can let everything heal. Then use SkinLight for about 1-2 weeks then begin the peeling process again...is this how you all are achieving the even and light tones that I see on here?

Thanks a bunch!

-m
From what I've read, most people (older members) do a few months of exfoliating the skin first. Then when their perma tan has been removed. They start using products that lighten the skin. However, I don't see a reason why you can't do it your way. Maybe one of the experts here will weigh in and answer your question.

#28 ·
OMG yes the itching is ridiculous! ! I couldnt understand why I wad itching. I only used SL and RA for 2 nites and im on itching something awful I didnt even realize my skin was peeling especially my arms but I dnt like this feeling at all.[/quotBo I'm soo sorry to hear that! Does it look like good peeling that's revealing new skin or bad peeling? Does it look like it may be peeling to lighten or just plain old itching?

#29 ·
Hey ImaBoss,

i was using ra and suffered itching, i was scratching in my sleep, and then over exfolaiated with a microfibre cloth and kojie san

i am no way an expert, but having suffered your pain, i would suggest you just moisturise for the moment.. please dont risk getting pih like i did ..

#30 ·
Hey ImaBoss, i was using ra and suffered itching, i was scratching in my sleep, and then over exfolaiated with a microfibre cloth and kojie san :buttheads: i am no way an expert, but having suffered your pain, i would suggest you just moisturise for the moment.. please dont risk getting pih like i did ..
Thanks BillyB2 ! YES Im doing in my slepp as well I know I am!! Oh I not using RA anymore it was 1% I guess too strong for my skin I guess, and I was not using any clothes or kojie sans. I only used it 2 days! I would not hv thought I would be itching like this its not cool, so I just been moisturizing, evoo, aloe vera and I had to use a little hydrocortisone!

#33 ·
If u have evo just keep applying, i have been using vaseline which has also helped... Liiteywannabe also gave me some good advice and said to use shea butter..
yes my next step is an Antihistimine/Benedryl or something!! I can deal with peeling skin, even hanging peeling skin, but itching ..i just cant..its irritating! I have used LA Amlactin in the past but its only 12% so its does not peel it might flake or dust but its not visible to me, although the smooth skin was there i can never get my body to lighten up right ,so after reading and reading info on here I decided maybe I should add RA to my mix.

#38 ·
3 weeks ago I did a high percentage la peel on my hands and arms to get rid of a permatan. My hands peeled on sheets the next day and were Red and it looked horrible. But then the color returned to the same color as the rest of me, not a new colored skin. I think just because peeling happens doesnt mean instant permatan results. Maybe it takes time and time to ease your skin back into shape.

#40 ·
Mine wasn't re darkened it was red and I looked like a burn victim for a while. This is because I peeled my hands myself then I stopped and let my body do it on its own. It was just the same color once the redness went down. Into opinion micropeeling is the best way to go that's why I'm gunna do a less intense peel next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.