Could I add more Lactic Acid to my AmLactin? - Page 2

Thread: Could I add more Lactic Acid to my AmLactin?

Quote Originally Posted by beautione View Post
    HEY dazzle, I have 10ml of jergen lotion and 88% of LA, I want to make 15% LA lotion. How many teaspoon or tablespoon or ml can I add to the lotion? thx
    For 10ml Jergens lotion you'll have to add 2ml LA thats of 88%concentration. Two ml is a little less than half teaspoon.
    You are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dazzle dame View Post
    You need to add about 4teaspoons LA to it, to make it 15% LA lotion
    Dazzle Dame you're a gem ! Thanks for letting us know.I bought some 70% LA to add to my Amlactin and didn't know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
    Dazzle Dame you're a gem ! Thanks for letting us know.I bought some 70% LA to add to my Amlactin and didn't know where to start
    You're welcome hun, let me know if you have any questions about it x

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cwrn51 View Post
    The main thing about amlactin is not its percentage but the ph at which it is set to. Amlactin has a ph of 4.5-5.5 which is not going to do must exfoliating. Mostly moisturising. Light exfoliating over time yes. If you add in some high percentage lactic acid (lets say 88 or 90%) which has a low ph of usually around 0.6 this will boost the effectiveness of your new amlactin.

Try getting some cheap ph strips off ebay and do a test( type in ph strips narrow range and look for 0.5 to 5.0). Your going to want between 3 and 4 to get good exfoliating. The lower the ph the more FAV ( free acid value) is avaliable to work on the skin. So in reality Amlactin says its a 12% la lotion but in reality only 5% of this acid is even working. And 5% lactic acid is only known to increase moisture in the skin.
    Soo how much LA should I add to get it to exfoliate?

im not really sure i would say maybe a teaspoon then try it one night. Then if thats okay maybe two. What percentage of LA are you adding in? its easier to just buy a base lotion and make la lotion from scratch if you actually have the LA

Quote Originally Posted by cwrn51 View Post
    im not really sure i would say maybe a teaspoon then try it one night. Then if thats okay maybe two. What percentage of LA are you adding in? its easier to just buy a base lotion and make la lotion from scratch if you actually have the LA
    40% because I'm a beginner, later I plan to use 88% after a month though.

sorry for sounding blondish bur is jergens a base lotion??
    ........ life isnt fair so i intend to change its colours !Hidden Content

yes any regular store bought lotion is a base lotion. If wanting to make la lotion try not to get carbomer as an ingredient in the lotion. Aveeno is a good base lotion too

Sheep LOOK Lactic Lotion...

this thread will guide you to some very useful information
    from the innocent comment of a child comes the truth of observation - Hidden Content

$4.00 off Amlactin at Costco 10/30-11-20. No limit !!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements