Skin Care Talk banner

Angel cosmetics and Congolese skin care - The ultimate thread

136K views 208 replies 45 participants last post by  AIME 
#1 ·
Hello everyone and no this not another carolight thread
. Firstly let me say thanks to everyone on this site as you have really helped and educated me on skin care. Anyway Im currently in DR Congo and let me tell you, its like a mecca for skincare addicts particularly toning and lightening products. Ive seen so many products that arent readily available in London ( Asantee soap, nadinola, etc) just nicely sitting on the shelf here minding its own businness like
come and buy me !!

Im particulary interested in users of Angel Cosmetics products. Okay, so let me give you guys the run down on A.C products Ive seen so far:

HDQ creams: Essentially the same but with different extracts:
1 Carolight - with carrot essential oil
2 Citrolight - with lemon essential oil
3 Clair men - cream for men (the scent)
4 Pearllight - with pearl extracts

Non HDQ:
5 Miss Africa - the soap has kojic acid but the tub says "whitening agent" not sure what exactly the "whitening agent" is

6 Perfect white - Kojic acid and AHA , I recently bought this and this stuff has vaseline as the first ingredient?? it is very moisturing and smells nice - its for evening/clarifying skintones.

This thread is MAINLY for reviews from users of these products but lets keep the carolight talk to a minimum.
Since Ive been here Ive seen some flawlessly even skins of every complexion and people here are more than willing to divulge skin care secrets
its nice to be in such an environment.Contary to popular belief most people here want a flawlessly even complexion not nessisarily a light one and I havent seen that many light skinned people most are people are just flawlessly even.

Skin care info/secrets:
Carolight is the most popular cream here, as it made here its extremely cheap and in abundace.
Carowhite does not exist here
Most people use creams neat i.e no mixes and it works slow but they dont have orange palms or dark knuckles, they are also very even.
Most people here also avoid tubes
They usaually add lightening or plain glycerine for a boost and honey or vitamin E capsules for moisturisation or an AHA tonic like Rapid 7 jour for exfoliation;
People here dont use Sun protection but they do apply talc to their face, I noticed that the talc contains zinc oxide and they apply this throughout the day.
They advise suitable creams depending on your shade and what youd like to achieve.

So, the next thing I want to try is "Cocopulp" Ive seen adverts on TV about it and I think its angel cosmetics newest line has anyone tried it?
My goal is to be flawlessly even from head to toe like the people here

Also any info on Tala Ngai and White express ? - Its all the rage here, Ive searched threads but not much info, BTW the white express soap is excellent with a Korean Italy towel.

PS I will try to be as active as I can, but I have to go to an internet cafe, so please bare with me. Sorry the post is so long post.

See less See more
#5 ·
I guess its about time there was a congolese thread

@ gekat2 : I haven't heard of this white powder, what is it supposed to do/ what is it used for? Anyway of finding out the name?

@Meliss: Yes, there's nadinola in the market off Boulevard 30 juin, the shop is called 'sha e na' thats how you say it , but I'm not sure about the spelling though

UPDATE:
I'm currently using 'perfect white lotion' by Angel cosmetics and its not really doing much.
Anyone tried 'cocopulp' by Angel cosmetics?

#15 ·
finally,i cant wait to hear of new stuffs frm congo,2 african countries with good creamy goodies are cameroun and congo. @0p i am currently taking a break off hq using perfect white,and its been so good. And also i subscribe to the talc usage,have been bleaching for a while now,and i dont wear sunscreen, my folks keep asking how i maintain here in 9ja,dont even kno hw sunscreen smearing feels.i do my talc powder(its got sunscreen though)

#21 ·
omg...love this thread,i've a bottle of talcum power on my dresser for months and never knew the its effects, check the ING' or even use it, yesterday aft' reading the thread i checked and saw talc and zinc oxide and i ws super excited, atleast there is somethng here for protection against this blazing sun,i tried it this morning and loved it,all thnx to sct. Now to real business lol,so i got biolight hibiscus lightening cream and cocopulp lightening cream with coconut oil,same company with caro light or caro white. Plz guys are these creams effective? I plan to mix the two up.....

#24 ·
Biolight (ANGEL or DREAM) is supposed to compete with BIOCLAIRE (NP Gandour), But without all the negative side effects as with bioclaaire. PERFECT WHITE (ANGEL or DREAM) is supposed to compete with BODY WHITE (NP Gandour), but without the acneic effects as with body white ( both creams are kojic acid based). CAROLIGHT/CAROWHITE is supposed to compete with CAROTONE. My deduction is because NP Gandour is a much bigger company, ANGEL / DREAM is making products that can compete favourably and probably over shadow as their products are crafted to not provide side effects.

#36 ·
[quote name="babydoll101" url="/t/43228/angel-cosmetics-and-congolese-skin-care-the-ultimate-thread/30#post_721829"]nabanda kosalela carolight depuis 2010 no side effects wat so ever,i have gotten really really light and even [/quote] Carolight do not give streachmarks unless u add some kind of steroids tubes to create u own cocktail so no worries. I know plenty of girl using carolight and they r really light ( some of them added roids)

#37 ·
[quote name="babydoll101" url="/t/43228/angel-cosmetics-and-congolese-skin-care-the-ultimate-thread/30#post_721831"]wanted to ask can carolight still be fake even if it says made by angel cosmectics? cuz i bought one that says by angel cosmetics but it's not really orange in colour and kind of different texture unlike the carolight i used to use [/quote] Oohh there so many carolight ya ngwazu u must keep buy from the same shop u used to buy it from o try to get it from Kin po eza vrai na vrai kuna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.