Skin Care Talk banner

Back to the drawing board...

958 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jazmyn 
#1 ·
I need some help lol.

I have been so overwhelmed with the wealth of knowledge that I received on this board that I think I went a little extreme with my skin regimen.

My skin has not improved since I started dong diy at the beginning of the year. My face produces alot more white heads which I just found out are sebaceous filaments.

I was reading about using pH balanced cleansers so I don't destroy the the acid mantle of my skin. So I went ahead and bought the Earth science face wash which has a pH of 5.5. But I don't see any benefit. Is the pH of a face cleanser that important? I have used mild soaps in the past that were not pH balanced and I did not suffer any adverse effects.

I want to try a 2% salicylic acid toner to help with my sebaceous filaments. I would also like to use vit c, niacinamide in some way in my skin regimen to help get my skin where I want it to be in my 20s.

I'm just lost on how to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are in your 20's there isn't really a lot you NEED to do. Just be kind and gentle to your skin. What kind of issues do you have acne?

Try a very gentle cleanser, let your skin rest for a while and start over but the # 1 product you need is sunscreen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.