Vitamin c supplements=super smooth skin - Page 5

Thread: Vitamin c supplements=super smooth skin

Quote Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
    that's my consensus. i guess we are having a private discussion about this...lol - i just thought i might have missed something regarding this. *how much c are you drinking eveyday,*if i may ask?* i think i already mentioned, i mix usually 10 g in about 1/2 liter bottle.
    I take about 2000-2500mg. I can't drink my water without it because I hate the taste of water. I drink approximately 60 oz of water a day, I don't over do it, I spend enough time in the bathroom as it is!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

hardly will you see vitamin c toxicity. when you see it it is usually due to another metabolic disorder. vitamin c was prescribed to me for constipation and at avery high dose twice daily. We studied vitamins in my clinical medicine class a few weeks ago and it was very in-depth. the only thing the consultant teacher told me is to drink lots of water and that one can safely take huge doses of vitamin c without any repercussions. now vitamin c def causes gingival hyperplasia. you lose your dentition when you ingest copious amounts of citric acid without a straw or without rinsing your mouth. when you take vitamin c and it doesn't touch your teeth it actually keeps your gums healthy. i found out during my studies that when asked questions relating to every system, tissue or organ in the body that vitamin c def can be the culprit since it is the main thing required for collagen synthesis. everything in the human body contains collagen fiber (histologically speaking). it is actually a guilt free vitamin. now someone with renal failure or any sort of renal disease is not advised to take more than 1000mg of vitamin c for any reason. Vitamin c alone will not weigh down your kidneys. remember to drink plenty of water.

Quote Originally Posted by litaamust View Post
    hardly will you see vitamin c toxicity. when you see it it is usually due to another metabolic disorder. vitamin c was prescribed to me for constipation and at avery high dose twice daily. We studied vitamins in my clinical medicine class a few weeks ago and it was very in-depth. the only thing the consultant teacher told me is to drink lots of water and that one can safely take huge doses of vitamin c without any repercussions. now vitamin c def causes gingival hyperplasia. you lose your dentition when you ingest copious amounts of citric acid without a straw or without rinsing your mouth. when you take vitamin c and it doesn't touch your teeth it actually keeps your gums healthy. i found out during my studies that when asked questions relating to every system, tissue or organ in the body that vitamin c def can be the culprit since it is the main thing required for collagen synthesis. everything in the human body contains collagen fiber (histologically speaking). it is actually a guilt free vitamin. now someone with renal failure or any sort of renal disease is not advised to take more than 1000mg of vitamin c for any reason. Vitamin c alone will not weigh down your kidneys. remember to drink plenty of water.
    Thank you that was very informative! I read somewhere about it blocks arteries if taken in excess, is that true?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

it actually does help cardiovascular health. go to the link below. you will see it. it is a very good article
    http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/apr2008_Newly-Discovered-Benefits-Of-Vitamin-C_01.htm

I have heard so many great things about vitamin C. I really should start taking it as I want to make my skin super soft as well.

Is there a certain vitamin C brand you guys use? Also, will MSM & vitamin c twice a day be good? I think I wanna try these 2 together and increase my water intake.

Thanks guys on the vitamin c thread...

2000mg of Vitamin C daily has made my skin glow and very soft. I love it

Hi all,please, are you guys all referring to vit c, just like the chewable ones? I am abit lost pls help!

Quote Originally Posted by Fafa View Post
    Hi all,please, are you guys all referring to vit c, just like the chewable ones? I am abit lost pls help!
    Like this @Fafa http://www.vitacost.com/country-life-buffered-vitamin-c-1000-mg-250-tablets Chewables are too harsh on your teeth too acidity.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements