Skin Care Talk banner

Glutathione and results

2M views 6K replies 471 participants last post by  Uk babe 
#1 ·
Dear members,

I ought to open a new thread about the glutathione because It seems like something is wrong about this stuff.

1. My knowledge and experiences
- Glutathion is an powerful anti-oxidant and it helps the immune system.
- Glutathione alone doesn't lighten the skin.
- I used glutathion alone in different strenght with no result.
- I know that glutathion in high percentage has a side effects (like nausea etc...)

2. I discover that a lot of manufacturies sell 5g, 12g or 15g of glutathion injection.
These sellers are too dimness about the lightening effects of their injection.
On their website we can generally read someting like:

For12mGlutathion
Benefit It contains of Glutathione which is participating directly in the neutralization of free radicals and reactive oxygen compounds, as well as maintaining exogenous antioxidants such as vitamins C and E in their reduced (active) forms. Enhances human's metabolism, toxins and immune system.
Reduces wrinkles
Moisture skin
Reduce the appearance of pimples/acne/blemishes and minimize pores.
Improves the skin smooth texture. Ingredients : Power Ingredient: L-glutathione 12000mg, Alpha lipoic acid 500mg & Kojic acid 100mg
Solvent Ingredient: L-Ascorbic Acid 1800mg, Beta-hydroxy Acid 200mg, Hyaluronic Acid 100mg & Collagen Extract 500mg
ForGlutax

GLUTAX 9G Contengono EGF Glutathione 9000mg
This product is an upgraded version for Glutax 3g and Glutax 5g with 9000mg Glutathione which is the highest in the current market.
With extra Glutathione and EGF, consumer can see more powerful and faster results.
What are you still waiting for? Grab now and experience the FAIRER, WHITHER AND YOUNGER SKIN today !

Ingredients :
Glutatione 9000mg
Ascorbine Acid 1500mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
Collagen Extract 350mg.

3.- When you focus your questions on the lightening effects, their responses are generally: If you need more information, you get a response like:

I recommend Glutathione 15000 mg. It for black skin.
I recommend 3 boxes for white skin.
It will see result about 1-2 years.
Free shipping worldwide.

4.- When you don't get any result, the seller doesn't respond to you

5.- So, do somebody can tell here if he has got results with glutathione?

How many shades?

Please sellers, don't come here to tell things like : "I've taken glutathione for one month, I see the glow. I'll update at the end of my treatment" They are a lot of testimonials like that on this forum.

See less See more
#2 ·
There is no way in hell 9000 mg of glutathione can fit into a capsule no freaking way. That's how I saw online too 200000mg of glutathione per capsule. My dear it's impossible. Just like saying 5 litres of what in a 500ml bottle. Yes glutathione does work in lightening skin but depends on how used. The pills take ages and the injection is a snap. I take the pills but on and off cos of the price but my sister is a good fan of the injectables and she's so white.

#4 ·
I want to do gluta injections but I hear of these issues along with it. . .what do you guys think?

I have a feeling they may be banned by the FDA in the States, for off label use?

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/05/31/11/glutathione-injections-could-kill-fda-warns

Glutathione injections could kill, FDA warns

Agence France-Presse
Posted at 05/31/2011 9:35 PM | Updated as of 05/31/2011 10:24 PM

MANILA - Illegal injections of a cancer-treating chemical pose a risk of death to legions of Filipinos who use them to try to whiten their skin, health authorities warned Tuesday.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suspects the drug glutathione is being injected in high doses as a skin-whitener, but said it can cause serious conditions including kidney failure and blood poisoning.

It has issued advice against taking regular injections of the chemical -- approved only for treating cancer -- because the government suspects licensed skin doctors are among its purveyors, said spokeswoman Jesusa Joyce Cirunay.

"We have been getting reports that they are being administered by people who have experience in injecting medicines," Cirunay told AFP.

She said the agency had monitored many cases of glutathione use resulting in ailments, but gave no figures.

The agency said that claims had been made that glutathione whitened the skin by deactivating the enzyme tyrosinase, which helps produce melanin, the pigment that gives human skin its colour.

But these claims have been widely disputed, the agency said.

It warned that repeated injections of the drug could lead to kidney failure, blood poisoning and toxic epidermal necrolysis, in which a large portion of the skin peels off, exposing the human body to many infections.

"The alarming increase in the unapproved use of glutathione administered intravenously as a skin-whitening agent at very high doses is unsafe and may result in serious consequences to the health of users," its advisory said.

The government is gathering evidence that could lead to prosecutions, Cirunay said without giving details.

Skin-whitening treatments and products including soaps, lotions and deodorants are popular in the Philippines and other Asian countries.

#5 ·
Solvent Ingredient: L-Ascorbic Acid 1800mg, Beta-hydroxy Acid 200mg, Hyaluronic Acid 100mg & Collagen Extract 500mg
ForGlutax

GLUTAX 9G Contengono EGF Glutathione 9000mg
This product is an upgraded version for Glutax 3g and Glutax 5g with 9000mg Glutathione which is the highest in the current market.
With extra Glutathione and EGF, consumer can see more powerful and faster results.
What are you still waiting for? Grab now and experience the FAIRER, WHITHER AND YOUNGER SKIN today !

Ingredients :
Glutatione 9000mg
Ascorbine Acid 1500mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
Collagen Extract 350mg.

3.- When you focus your questions on the lightening effects, their responses are generally: If you need more information, you get a response like:

I recommend Glutathione 15000 mg. It for black skin.
I recommend 3 boxes for white skin.
It will see result about 1-2 years.
Free shipping worldwide.

4.- When you don't get any result, the seller doesn't respond to you

5.- So, do somebody can tell here if he has got results with glutathione?

How many shades?

Please sellers, don't come here to tell things like : "I've taken glutathione for one month, I see the glow. I'll update at the end of my treatment" They are a lot of testimonials like that on this forum.

#10 ·
Anybody have any experience with a place in London, when I go to consultations different Dr's keep saying its 50/50 chance, it depends, not sure, its not really used for skin lightning. I've managed to find a credible source from a company in Italy buying the vials but then I have nobody to inject it for me so its sticky decision.

#19 ·
www.kikaysikat.com/2013/03/must-read-vitamin-c-for-skin-whitening.html?m=1
I agree with this article. In the skin lightening field, Vitamin C is more potent and powerful than glutathion: Vitamin C is an antioxydant and a tyrosynase inhibitor. We can see the effect of the vitamin C very quick.
Glutathion is only an antioxydant and lightening skin is just a side-effect.
The big issues with vitamin C are: it less stable, the body eliminate unacessary vitamin C very quick, and if we take high doses, we can have a strong side-effects.

#20 ·
Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing body like milk…Would you happen to know the dosage your sister was taking and how she maintain that color. Does she use any cream of any sort? I believe after you reached your desired color you slow down and start taking the capsules. Correct me if I'm wrong. I also heard that the injections include collagen in them? If so thats awesome, thats exactly what I need.

Thanks

#25 ·
I noticed a SLIGHT difference around 2 weeks. And then noticed a huge like BAM difference around a month and a half of continued use. (I taken it every night) Results greatly improved after taking vitamin c suppliments AND drinking (lots) of orange juice. So you can imagine how much skin would lighten. Lol.

#26 ·
vitamin c, glutathione, pycnogenol, msm and alpha lipoic acid gave me a nice glow. When the glutathione ran out, I decided it was too expensive so I stopped ordering. I took the rest and my color stayed the same. Glutathione doesn't do much for more. I feel like pycnogenol and vitamin c are like hydroquinone and alpha arbutin of vitamin supplements, while alpha lipoic acid is like the retin-a (it aids the penetration of other supplements). The glutathione is like kojic acid and msm equals the effect that licorice extract has on the skin.

#34 ·
To paper planes thanks for sharing the knowledge I have been keeping my eye on developments with glutathione Can you recommend the specific name or brand of the gluta tablets that they used that contain at least 250mg of vitamin c and glutathione Especially sources in the uk Tried and tested please with details of timescales and results achieved

#35 ·
There are a lot of threads/posts about glutathion injections but nobody shares his experience here.

So, I go back to the glutathione journey.
My purpose : stop all the lightening cream.
Lighten 1 shade on Fiztpatrick’s scale or 3-5 shades on luschean’s scale.
I’ll regularly share if/what/when I see, no more.
Newbies, curious and others, please try the search button, you can find a lot of information on this section.

#42 ·
I'll try to answer your question:
Glutathione is an amino acid that is easily destroyed in the digestive system.
In the next step, the liver takes the third of the glutathione.
Now, is that glutathione taken orally gives effects? Maybe you should ask why the glutathione capsules/pills work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.