Skin Care Talk banner

Ethno-rhinoplasty (and rhinoplasty in general) get in here

40K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  PinotNoir 
#1 ·
Anyone had it or thinking of getting their noses done? Anyone spoken to surgeons who do it? I am super curious to hear more about it from SCT.

#2 ·
Anyone had it or thinking of getting their noses done? Anyone spoken to surgeons who do it? I am super curious to hear more about it from SCT.
Heya I've been thinking of getting a nose job for years now and today I've decided that I'm definitely gonna get one. I turned 18 yesterday so no one can stop me from getting it done. I've been doing lots of research on the Internet today and plan to start saving up as soon as I get a job. I'm gonna start speaking to the actual surgeries and consultants and stuff once I've saved up at least half the money. I want a nose job because I'm so insecure with the way I look, I constantly stare in the mirror looking closely at my features and it's my big nose that makes me feel so ugly.

#5 ·
I want to get a nose job sometime in mid to late June.
This is one of the places I'm considering.
http://www.westlakedermatology.com/

I told all the ones I contacted and visited that I want something like this

Though he's a guy they said I'd be a great candidate considering my current nose and face shape. I made sure to choose an example that's closest to what my nose looks like now.The cost was estimated to around 4,500-6,000 but that's subject to change.

#6 ·
Oh yeah, I also asked about nasal narrowing (its cheaper than a full nose job) combined with injections (required every year) and was told by a few who just weren't after a fat paycheck that I'd be a great candidate for that as well since my bridge is already quite high.

#7 ·
It looks great I think you should get it. It seems too much of a hassle to get injections every year. I would do it and get it over with. How did you go about finding the right pictures similar to your nose I'm having trouble I think my nose looks a certain way but then I look again and it doesn't.

#8 ·
It would be a hassle but I'd be saving at least half the price of a full nose job. I plan on getting laser treatments done around that time too which I think is actually going to cost more. I don't remember exactly how I found these pictures, I don't even know who the guy is lol I think I just typed in 'nose jobs'.

When you're searching noses to show plastic surgeons, make sure to consider your facial structure, the length and height of your nose and the extent you're willing to go for your surgery. When comparing your pictures to other noses, just make sure the angle is exact and the person isn't making facial expressions that can distort the nose.

#16 ·
This is def true Sol which is why (I think at least) I am having a hard time finding info on nosejobs for afro noses. Real reviews and info is less transparent than and I am not sure how to proceed beyond level 1. I am fairly certain I would like something more drastic than the results I see from online searches. I really like Rihanna's nose job though, its very tasteful.

#10 ·
I used to think about it A LOT, but now seriously I actually like my nose. Its not the cookie cutter western style nose, but I actually think it works for my face, and I think it looks lovely. Now my breasts on the other hand, waiting till the day I can love those as much lol, I have been thinking about a breast lift, weight loss and improper fitting bras for years, I dont want them any bigger just perky, but i'm scared I wont be able to breastfeed...eeekk

#17 ·
I love Gabrielle Union's nose job, it's a close to perfect without looking like it was "done". I've been toying with the idea of rhinoplasty for a while too but I can't decide whether to get it done in South Korea or wait till I'm back in the US. I'm leaning towards the US as I'll have more access to doctors who are exoerienced with ethnic noses but Korea is cheaper and the work of the surgeons are amazing.

#22 ·
I've been toying with the idea of rhinoplasty for a while too but I can't decide whether to get it done in South Korea or wait till I'm back in the US. I'm leaning towards the US as I'll have more access to doctors who are exoerienced with ethnic noses but Korea is cheaper and the work of the surgeons are amazing.

Yes, me too. This is why despite the positives I hear about Medical tourism, I would prefer to get rhinoplasty here in the US specifically in beverly hills or dc where do more ethnorhinoplasty.

Gabrielle Union's nose is gorgeous but she already had a soft nose to begin with.. I have a bellpepper nose
Can you name some site where can I find out more about ethno-rhinoplasty?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sol Yes, it was done very subtly. I don't really have an issue with searching African-American nose jobs, I have a problem searching ones that are similar to my nose.

What is your nose like Sol? you said you had a high bridge? I've seen some really good nose jobs for with Asian patients where the results are nice and realistic. Where have you been able to find out more about ethnorhinoplasty for those with afro noses?

Quote:

I was thinking about getting it done in South Korea but because I see so many after pictures of people with super high bridges and barely there nostrils, I'd rather not.
So if not South Korea, where would you get your rhinoplasty?

#19 ·
YES! Koreans are so amazing at plastic surgery I rarely see any bad pictures. Where as here in the U.S too many celebs look horrible. I could never go to Korea for surgery though so I'm just sticking with my local doctor. I think female wise Ciara has the best nose job. I guess the smallest thing can change a lot. My problem is my doctor told me no and said it's not worth it because it won't help improve looks but I still want to get it done and by him 1f614

#36 ·
hello, I have looked at rhino for close to 2 years now, I have had online consultation with 3-4 surgeons from the USA and a physical consultation with a Belgian surgeon here in the UK.
I dont know if I can disclose the name of the surgeons here if am allowed let me know
I will have my surgery sometimes between January and March of next year. I dont want the nose I had on my graduation pictures on my wedding pictures.
People tell me my nose suits my face and my personality but men my nostrils are too big and my nose is a bit wide for my liking. funny enough, the things I like about my nose are the things I want to trick.
I will have the sides trimmed for up to 0.5cm each and a lot of tip work done. its nt easy to find an experienced surgeon here in Europe as many advertised online are USA surgeons. but men traveling to the USA to get my nose done would cost me 3times the price I will pay here to get the same job done.

Abut buccal fat removal, I read about it and a surgeon advised me not to do it as our faces shrinks with age and it might look odd after couple of years. As I am planning on staying slim maybe going skinnier with age, I don't want my face to look very strange.

#23 ·
The only place my nose is a bit wide are my nostrils but I want my bridge a bit more refined (not higher). In my opinion, most of the nose jobs done in South Korea are too obvious. I email tons of plastic surgeons and search images on Google.

I was planning on getting it done in Austin, TX; one of the first places that perfected nose jobs on non-Caucasians.

#33 ·
Hey pinotNoir I hoping to get a nose job too I'm black and looking for an ethnic doctor(unfortunately that impossible to find in Australia) but did some research and found this ethnic doctor in America.(I'm speechless, looking at the before and after photographys of his patients) one in particular was superb I will post it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.