Skin Care Talk banner

HAIRLINE REGROWTH

107K views 230 replies 32 participants last post by  Purpledoll 
#1 ·
If you have successfully re-grow hair damage by TRACTION ALOPECIA,u on the process or about to do the same,pls come in. I've lost so much front hair from my many hair styles{braid, ganna weaving, cornrows} and I will really love to have my hair back. I also notice that every pulled strand have a white substance on each. I stop the use of chemical for a year now and I have been using castor oil and vit E with little success. Please share all you have tried that work thank you

#2 ·
hi,i have the same problem n i think mine is also traction alopecia,from what i have read,the hair can grow if the place u lost the hair still has some hairs bt if the skin is smooth in that area it will never grow back only an hair transplant can get back ur hair.i have learned to live with mine,i dont waste money on expensive remedies that will never wrk.also pliz stop pulling ur hair whenever in braids,i learned this the hard way,bt thank God i always creat a bang hairstyle which hide my hairline,if i get money i will consider an hair tranplant in future.

#14 ·
Ok I know aboniki and robb, Does this mixture grow hair or stop those whitish substance from attacking the hair root thereby preventing hair loss or does it act as a hair stimulant. I have castor oil but not the back jamaican one. MIne says cold drawn laxative maybe that is why it not working.

#15 ·
You can get menthol from people that sell shea butter , or if you are in Nigeria ask those local women that sell herbal stuff. Alternative you can use are peppermint oil and tea tree oil. The mixture is used for growing the hair. Normal castor oil mix with coconut oil can be used for an alternate to black castor oil. Try and LOC ( Liquid, oil and cream) your hair using aloe vera juice and honey. Google LOC and u can read up on it benefit.

#23 ·
Google LOC and u can read up on it benefit.
I have some tea tree oil, should I just mix it 1:1 with the peppermint oil and how often do I apply this? My dermatologist treated my scalp with steroid injections for 2 years my hairline is still the same so now I invest in wigs, I also tried minoxidil 2% got hair all over my face but not on my head. This is a very come problem in women.

#17 ·
@chep i think you should google for reviews on those two product,good product always have good review from diffrent ussers.I personally dont believe what is written on product website or one person marketing a product so check on threads and blogs. you can als google T444z and black jamaican castor oil.

#18 ·
I have tired those serums even ones from ORS they did nothing for me and some other users that I know. But hey you must be lucky it works for you. Yea true T444z isn't cheap at all, but works well on most people I know. You can also supplement with Biotin , but be sure to take plenty of water b"cos some people complain of breakout from taking biotin. I didn't break out though .

#20 ·
@yetus how do i describe menthol to those women selling herbs pls can i get a name or discription. I've tried women's hair skin and nails formula from GNC with 3000 mcg biotin 2 tabs daily, it make my hair soft but no growth.

#24 ·
You can mix it to an equal ratio.
  • Mix cayenne pepper, black castor oil, peppermint and tea tree oil.
  • Mix your hair oil with all I mentioned in 1 + Microzole Nitrate ( fungal/ Virginal cream ) many have proven result on this . Ask google.
  • Reduce and resist all tension from the hairline
  • Drink lots of water and healthy diet. Invest in good hair supplement. I use Biotin , Vitc C, folic acid and Bcomplex. Msm is also popular.
Here are some do's and don't for protecting your hairline from damage. DON'T brush your hairline too roughly. Brush bristles typically get caught in curlier hair types and can cause the hair to snap. Since the hairline has shorter and more fragile hairs, constant brushing of the hairline can cause the front hairs to slowly disappear. If you want to smooth down your hairline, try using your hand to flatten and use a pomade or gel to smooth down the edges, or use the soft side of a boar bristle brush.- DON'T tie your hair into tight ponytails. This causes major stress on your hairline. Try to make your ponytails loose. If you feel a lot of tension squeezing your eyes shut or widening your eyes, your ponytail is too tight. - DON'T braid the front of your hair too tightly. Tight braids can pull out the weak front hairs. If you feel a lot of tension squeezing your eyes shut or widening your eyes after braiding, they are too tight. Try to use larger sections when braiding the front to distribute some of the tension throughout more hair strands. Also, avoid braiding the very front of the hair. Try leaving out the very front and simply applying a pomade and a scarf for ten minutes to smooth it down. DON'T overuse wigs and weaves. They tend to pull on the hairline and, overtime, can cause breakage in the front of your hair. - AVOID using harsh chemicals.  The front hairs are very fragile and even more susceptible to breakage when they are chemically treated. Keep your hair far away from strong, harmful chemicals like perms and relaxers.  DO braid or twist the front of your hair. Though tight braiding can cause damage to your hairline, loose braiding or twisting along the hairline can give the hairline a rest from ponytails and other styles that pull the hair back. When styling the front of the hair, try to push the baby hairs out of the style. Baby hairs are the short hairs in front, and they are fine and very fragile. It is best to leave them out of front hair styles so that they don't break.- Use styles that do not at all use manipulation on the front of your hair. *Edits made by Mod*

#30 ·
Wow! Are you serious? It's just a coloured spray? I thought it enhanced hair growth. It's a shame if it's just hair paint lol I'll go read about it careful and get back to you guys.
@yetus this is very helpful. @inata thanks but I can't stand garlic and onion.
wow pink,i think thats cool for me coz i have a few bald spots here n there bt my baby hairs are still there so this cud come in handy,i dont knw if its available in my country though.off to do reasearch and read reviews on it.

#27 ·
Super Million Hair
Apparently this is the miracle for bald or damaged hair. I've not used it, but you can google for reviews. The result pictures are so tempting, one might want to try it out without even reading the reviews

#28 ·
@pinkberry , heard about the product too . My personal issue with it apart from it high cost in Nigeria , it doesn't grow the hairline all it does is a fake cover up until u wash it out and bam u still have your hairline the same way. It not a grow aid , just a cover up. Am sorry am not trying to ruin their product just my personal opinion and when I called the person selling it she said the same thing about it nt being a growth aid.

#29 ·
Wow! Are you serious? It's just a coloured spray? I thought it enhanced hair growth. It's a shame if it's just hair paint lol I'll go read about it careful and get back to you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.