Kojic Acid DIY Lotion Recipe ? - Page 2

Thread: Kojic Acid DIY Lotion Recipe ?

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Hi Mccartney!! great to see you!! Did you ever make your own KA lotion?? How did it work out for you??
    Heyaaa gymrat great to see u too... Well no not yet.. i will order the powder next month ^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Is there any heating involved in this DIY KA formula ??

Quote Originally Posted by mccartney View Post
    Omg 16-18% KA is waaay to much lol.. ur skin will def. Thinn out and be irritated. Well make at least 5% for ur body and 3% for face. So i dont have a scale either. But gymrat gave me a recipie which u also can use. Take a small bowl add 5 teaspoon of KA powder and warm up 1 teaspoon of distilled water stirr well till its dissolved. If u think the powder needs more distillied water add one full or a half more warm teaspoon of destilled water. When it dissolved it should get like a light lotion. Add this to 120 ml of ur base lotion. Thats 5% KA lotion.But unfortunantly i dont know how many teaspoons of vit e oil u need to keep it at least for a week. For not oxydizing to quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler909 View Post
    Is there any heating involved in this DIY KA formula ??
    Please read the quote above from Mccartney, you will find all the answer you are looking for.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hey gymmie, How quickly does KA lotion oxidize? One week, two weeks? How quickly do you have to use what you make? I don't mind adding vitamin e oil to keep it lasting longer but I want to know if it is worth it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotNoir View Post
    Hey gymmie, How quickly does KA lotion oxidize? One week, two weeks? How quickly do you have to use what you make? I don't mind adding vitamin e oil to keep it lasting longer but I want to know if it is worth it otherwise.
    I wouldn't keep it longer than 1 week to be on the safe side. So make enough that you can use up in 7-10 days max.

Wow. I see. Should you use KA or KA Dipalmate? Is Dipalmate more stable?

LA lotion is pretty straight forward and can last a pretty long time. I feel like it is worth it. I don't know about KA lotion. I don't want to buy something that won't last or is unstable. Did you use Jergens lotion to mix with it? Or will any lotion be fine?

Wow. I see. Should you use KA or KA Dipalmate? Is Dipalmate more stable?* LA lotion is pretty straight forward and can last a pretty long time. I feel like it is worth it. I don't know about KA lotion. I don't want to buy something that won't last or is unstable. *Did you use Jergens lotion to mix with it? Or will any lotion be fine?
    Here is a great post from Iamme, post #53 on page #3.......Iamme is a longtime SCT member extremely knowledable but her job has taken her away from SCT for now. She knew her stuff https://www.skincaretalk.com/t/25455/infinite-skin-peel/40#post432112

thanks! will check it out!

thanks! will check it out!
    Pinot ADC also has a Kojic cream, in case your interested. http://www.alldaychemist.com/kojic-cream.html

Thanks Gymmie. I will put this on the list of ADC stuff to get.

I also found this is the search. http://www.alldaychemist.com/demelan-cream.html

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements