The South African Thread: Team I just want to help - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 First 4 5

Thread: The South African Thread: Team I just want to help

@Zulusista what kind of vitamin c serum are you using?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi everyone!
    I know this is an old thread but I need some help.
    I've been lurking on this site for the past 6 months and finally decided to join this wonderful community. I'm based in Johannesburg. I'm so glad that there are South African women in this forum. I would like some help with safe lightening products that are readily available in our shores. I'm an NC 44 but my face is lighter than the rest of my body. I'd like to even out my skintone (which according to my mom is the same as lightening so I must just be honest with myself:-)) @zuluSista I've tried Reitzer's R-Lactin lotion (for exfoliation) but developed a rash. I don't know maybe I wasn't using it correctly, will you please explain to me how you incorporate it in your regimen? Would really appreciate it.
    At the moment I'm using the African black soap for my face and body and so far it's treating me well. I use Eucerin even range for my face alternating it with Gentle Magic serum mixed with Vit E oil (i mix them in my palm), my younger sister introduced me to Carolight as it helped even out her skintone but I'm not seeing any improvement. I bought the tub and the oil then mixed them together with Vit E oil and use this mix on my body. Will also be buying the Solal Vitamin C serum. Also thinking of taking supplements, Vitamin C (Dischem), and L Glutathione 50 mg from Holistix (don't know how good they are but they are very affordable, R74.95 for 30 capsules. @Blarbie89 please will you assist as well because I read about Glutathione in one of your posts.Basically what I'm looking for is some mild lightening, maybe a shade lighter than I am now and an even, glowing complexion. I've read about green and yellow peeling oil for knuckles and knees but it's not available in SA unless I get it from eBay. Can I use Retin A instead of these oils to peel the mentioned areas?
    Any help / response / personal experience will be highly appreciated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements