- 3 Sweet Italian sausage
- 2 Hot Italian sausage
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 can great Northern beans undrained
- 2 small zucchini cubed
- 2 cups spinach packed rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
*Side Note: You don't have to use 1/2 cup of orzo noodles. You can make this soup without the noodles.