Exercises For The Booty - Page 3

Thread: Exercises For The Booty

More ways to keep your booty firm. Give these exercises a TRY!

Step Ups

Find a step or a bench that, when you place your foot squarely on it, your knee is at a 90-degree angle or larger. Step up 20 times leading with the right foot, then the left, bringing both feet completely onto the bench. To return to the starting position, lead with the right foot to step down to the floor, then the left, until ending with both feet on the ground. Switch legs and start stepping with the left foot for 20 steps.

Side Lunge To Curtsy

Holding a five- to 10-pound weight in your left hand, side lunge to the right bringing your left hand to your right foot. Lower your booty as much as possible. Keep your toes pointed forward and your right knee bent to no more than 90 degrees. Push off gently with your right foot and come into a curtsy position with your right leg crossing behind your left as you press your weight overhead. Keep your hips square and your curtsy tight. Both feet should be pointed forward. This completes one rep. Repeat by stepping immediately into a side lunge from the curtsy. After you completed 15 reps, switch sides. Do three sets total. If your not ready to do these with a dumbbell you can do this without them. Until your comfortable with adding a dumbbell.

Elbow Plank With Donkey Kick

Begin in an elbow plank with elbows directly under shoulders, abs engaged toward the spine. Don't let the pelvis sag down or pop up. Lift left leg off the ground, bending your knee so the sole of your foot is toward the ceiling. Keep pelvis square to the floor. Don't let your pelvis twist. Press your left heel toward the ceiling as high as you can without moving your pelvis or lower back. The motion will not be huge but rather concentrated on the booty and hamstring. Lower the bent leg slightly, and repeat for a total of eight to 10 repetitions. Then switch sides. Do two sets on each leg. This will help lift the booty and of course tone your core.

Plank Booty Leg Lifts

Lie on your belly on an exercise ball, and walk your hands out so the ball is underneath your shins. Your hands should be underneath your shoulders. Draw your navel toward your spine to engage your abs, which will help keep your spine straight and your body stabilized. Lift your left leg up into the air, and then slowly lower it back toward the ball, but don't let it touch. This counts as one repetition. Keep your pelvis level throughout your reps. Complete three sets of 10 to 12 reps with the left leg, and then repeat with the right. This is also good for the back of your thighs too.

Side Saddle Leg Lifts

Start on your side with your legs extended, flexing both feet. Place your top hand on the ground in front of your abs and your supporting arm under your head. Make sure your bottom leg stays extended for the whole duration of the series. Keeping the energy reaching out through your flexed heels, lift your top leg up about six to eight inches from the floor. From here, make tiny pulses upward 20 times. Holding your leg at the highest point of your lift, draw one-inch circles with your heel for 20 reps. Keeping your top leg lifted, bend and straighten your knee. Do this 20 times while not letting your thigh lower as you press through the heel to lengthen your top leg to the straightened position. For an even greater burn, finish this series with lifts in a bigger range of motion, taking the foot all the way toward the ceiling and back down, 10-20 times.

Clam Series

Lie on your left side on the floor, with your hips and knees bent 45 degrees. Your right leg should be on top of your left leg, your heels together. Keeping your feet in contact with each other, raise your right knee as high as you can without moving your pelvis. Pause, then return to the starting position. Don't allow your left leg to move off the floor. You can do this in front of the tv!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ekwutex View Post
    I got nice butt, but since I just put to bed and I'm still trying to get back to my pre pregnancy figure, my butt doesn't look so firm anymore. I hope when I start exercising properly, I'll be able to get my firm round butt back. Hehehe
    Hehe, well sweetie you'll be able to get that firm round booty again. These workouts are good for firming and I'll continue to add more for that.

When should I see results from these workouts?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evenlybright View Post
    When should I see results from these workouts?
    Are you firming or you want to add a little in that department?

I believe firming. I already have junk in the trunk its just dropping. Like it need to be lifting up then I'll have the perfect round bubble butt I want lol.

Quote Originally Posted by evenlybright View Post
    I believe firming. I already have junk in the trunk its just dropping. Like it need to be lifting up then I'll have the perfect round bubble butt I want lol.
    Haha, alright babes because I was going to tell you to keep reading. Because I'll be posting more information soon that can be helpful. But since you want to keep that booty firm. I'll say as long as you continue with the workouts switch them up. You'll start seeing results maybe in 2-3 weeks or after a month just keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    Haha, alright babes because I was going to tell you to keep reading. Because I'll be posting more information soon that can be helpful. But since you want to keep that booty firm. I'll say as long as you continue with the workouts switch them up. You'll start seeing results maybe in 2-3 weeks or after a month just keep at it.
    Weeeeellllll there's nothing wrong with a bigger butt. I guess I will be staying tuned! Nicki might have some competition!

Nice.........what if you want a bigger firm booty

I'll be posting information on that soon dear

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    If you trying to lift/shape your booty give these exercises a TRY! Lateral Squat Shuffle Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip width apart and turned out to roughly 45 degrees. Bend into a squat with your knees over your ankles. From that position, step out with your left foot, while keeping your knees bent in the squat position.Take a step with your right foot to return to start. Continue walking sideways, taking 10 steps to the right and then 10 to the left. Do this for 15-20 minutes.* Walking Lunge with Leg Lift* Stand tall and place your hands on your hips. Step far forward with one leg while allowing your chest to remain high in the air and keeping your shoulders back, blend the knees and drop your hips downwards straight to the ground. Ensure that the back knee does not touch the floor or that the front knee does not move too far forward. Press up with your front leg and bring the back foot forward. You can do 3 sets (15 repetitions) with or without dumbbells.* Tip Toe Squat* Stand behind a chair with your hands resting on the chair's back. Shift your weight onto the balls of your feet. Slowly drop into a squat, now stand straight up staying on your tip toes. Flex your leg and butt muscles to help maintain balance as you go up and down. If your able to balance yourself you can do the tip toe squat without the chair.*Stand with feet slightly wider than hip width apart, toes turned out with hands on your hips. Raise up onto your toes and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor keeping your chest up and*shoulders back. Pop yourself back up to your starting position while remaining on your tip toes. Perform this move for 60*seconds. [SIZE=13px]Plie Squat*[/SIZE] Stand with your feet about 2 to 4 inches wider than your shoulders. turn out your toes and knees comfortably at about 45 degrees angle. Your knees will need to stay aligned with your toes, so you don't go out too far. Keep your back straight and you can keep your hands at your waist to help with balancing. Bend your knees, lowering your hips without rotating your body forward or backward, into a squat. Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold for a few seconds at this position and keep your abs contracted and your chest up. Then, slowly raise up by straighten your legs. You can also do this with dumbbells or just one dumbbell as well. Reverse Lunge Twist With Weighted Ball Stand with your feet shoulder width distance apart. Grasp a 5 to 10 pound medicine ball between both hands, your arms outstretched in front.*[SIZE=13px]Keep your core stable and weight on your heels. Take a large step back with your right foot, planting your foot and then lowering your body until both legs are bent in right angles.*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]As you sink into the lunge, twist your torso to the left and over your left leg.*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]Bring your torso back to center, and exhale as you extend your legs. Bring your feet back together, and then repeat with your left leg, this time twisting to the right. You can do this without the medicine ball as well.[/SIZE] [SIZE=13px]Reverse Lunge With Front Kick*[/SIZE] Keeping your abs tight, step back with your right foot and lower into a reverse lunge. Squeeze your glutes as you push down through your left heel and kick your right leg in front of you as you straighten your left leg. Do 12 to 15 reps with your right and do the same for your left. Power Squat Stand with your feet slightly beyond shoulder width apart, toes forward, hands next to your sides. Simultaneously push your hips back and swing your arms backward, lowering your body until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor. Pause, then quickly push yourself back to the starting position, swinging your arms above your head and ending the movement on your toes.* Bridge Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, approximately hip distance apart.Your feet should be in a comfortable position not too close to your butt and not too far away. You should be able to easily find the neutral spine. Experiment with different placements of your feet to find the best fit.[SIZE=13px]*Take a deep breath in, expanding into your back and your lungs. And*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]exhale by keeping your torso in one flat piece, press your feet into the mat and squeeze your butt as you lift your hips up off the mat or floor.Come up high enough that your body makes a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Don’t press up so high that you can’t see your knees.*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]Inhale to maintain the bridge position.*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]Exhale still holding the bridge, think of knitting your ribs down to your belly, squeeze your butt, and try to lengthen through the front of your hips.*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]Inhale as you hold the bridge position. And*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]exhale to maintain neutral spine as you come back down to the mat or floor.[/SIZE] Crossover Lunge [SIZE=13px]Stand with your arms by your sides. Keep your right leg still. With your left leg, lunge forward and laterally over your right leg. Land on your left heel. Keep your chest high and back as straight as possible. If done properly, you should feel a light stretch in both hips. And*[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]stand back up to the starting position. Repeat the crossover lunge for several repetitions. Perform this exercise on both legs.[/SIZE]
    Thanks dear, really need this after childbirth 6 months ago.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements