Thread: Smoothie Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by aishajibs View Post
    @HippieNerd Thanks
    You're welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

i need to agaib lil weight...any smoothie for that

For a wholesome healthy smoothie, you need to keep it at a minimum of 3Fruits + 2 or 3 veggies + protein + water

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fulani zarima View Post
    i need to agaib lil weight...any smoothie for that
    Hi, @fulani

Well I've never had to try this! But you can give these a try and report back on how it goes.

Strawberry With Avocado Smoothie

• ¼ Cup milk
    • ¾ Cup plain or vanilla yogurt
    • 1 Whole banana
    • 1 ½ Cup frozen strawberries
    • ¼ avocado
    • ¼ tsp Vanilla extract

Pour the milk onto the blades of the blender, followed by the yogurt. If you want a thinner consistency, add more milk. Add the peeled banana and avocado, and then blend the mixture. When the mix is completely blended, add the frozen strawberries and blend until smooth.

Strawberry With Peanut Butter And Banana Smoothie *This is more of a post-workout smoothie though but it's worth a try*

• 3/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
    • 5 large frozen Strawberries
    • 1 Banana
    • 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    • 2 Tbsp Milk (a splash)

Add milk, yogurt, and banana; blend. Add the PB (smooth or crunchy), and the frozen strawberries, and mix again. This will make a post workout drink with a thick consistency; to make it thinner, simply add more milk. Makes approximately one 14 ounce serving.

Peanut Butter With Banana Smoothie *This is also like the one above as well*

• 3/4 Cup plain or vanilla yogurt
    • 2 Tbs Peanut Butter
    • 1 Banana
    • 1/8 Cup milk
    • 3/4 Cup ice

Add the milk, yogurt, and banana; blend. Add the peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) and blend again. Lastly, blend in desired amount of ice; the more ice, the thicker the consistency.

Chocolate With Banana Smoothie

• ¼ Cup milk
    • 1 Banana
    • 3 Dove Chocolates (dark) or roughly 2-3 Tbsp Chips
    • 1 Cup ice

Pour the milk onto the blades of the blender. Add the banana, chocolate, and yogurt and mix well. Next add ice and blend until there are no ice or chocolate pieces left.

Chocolate With Peanut Butter Smoothie

• ¼ Cup milk
    • 1 Banana
    • 2-3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
    • 1 Cup ice
    • 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Pour the milk onto the blades of the blender. Add the yogurt, chocolate, and banana and mix. Then add the ice and peanut butter to the mix and blend well again until there are no ice or chocolate pieces left.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

• 1 cup raw milk
    • 1/2 avocado
    • 3 tablespoons organic peanut butter
    • 1 tablespoon cacao powder
    • 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
    • 1 serving Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder or your preferred protein
    • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1 tablespoon honey to sweeten

Natural Protein Smoothie

• 1 cup kefir (or 50/50 kefir and milk, preferably raw milk)
    • 1/2 avocado
    • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full-fat preferred)
    • 1 tablespoon chia seeds or chia seed gel
    • 1/4 cup goji berries
    • 1 tablespoon gelatin
    • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
    • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    • A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)

Here's a little information *food of thought* pretty much. This can also be helpful as well too.

• Nuts and nut butters. The healthy fats found in nuts are nutritious and high in calories. Just one tablespoon of nut butter has between 90 and 110 calories. Put whole nuts into your smoothie and blend them in, or use natural nut butters, including peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter.
    • Seeds. Seeds, like nuts, are rich in healthy fats and high in calories. You can add a number of seeds to your smoothie without adding much flavor. They can also provide extra nutrients. Flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds are all good choices and will add protein, fat and calories. If you use flax seeds, be sure to grind them up in a food processor first.
    • Avocado. Avocados are also rich in healthy unsaturated fats that include a lot of calories. They are also great in smoothies because they give any recipe a smooth and creamy texture. The flavor of fresh avocado is mild and unobtrusive. It blends well into any type of smoothie recipe.
    • Coconut oil. The oil made from coconuts is almost entirely made up of fats, which are calorie-dense. Coconut oil is also a potent superfood. It helps to lower bad cholesterol levels while raising good cholesterol. It has antibiotic properties, and it may even protect against developing Alzheimer’s disease. Maybe best of all, coconut oil tastes great, especially in fruity or chocolate smoothies. Make sure you look for virgin coconut oil.
    • Dried fruits. You might normally reach for fresh fruits for nutritional reasons, but if you want more calories per ounce in your smoothie, go with dried fruits. Dried fruits are high in natural fruit sugars and in calories. Fresh and frozen fruits contain water, which contributes no calories to your smoothies. Make sure you pick dried fruits that have no added, refined sugar.
    • Oats. Carbohydrates from whole grains are high in calories and fiber as well as vitamins and minerals. Oats are a good choice for smoothies because they blend well. Put raw oats into the blender first to chop them up, then add the rest of your smoothie ingredients.
    • Milk and Yogurt. Unless you have a lactose intolerance, full-fat dairy products are great for adding weight because they are rich in fat and protein. Raw milk has historically been used to pack on the pounds. If you don’t have access to raw milk, opt for whole milk. Yogurt, again full-fat varieties, blend well in most smoothies and are high in good calories.
    • Protein Powders. Protein supplements and gelatin are an easy way to boost the amount of protein in your smoothies.

Any green breakfast smoothie ideas for hypothyroid people?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    Any green breakfast smoothie ideas for hypothyroid people?
    Yes, @cloud9 it's green breakfast smoothies that's safe for hypothyroid! I'm going to look more into this and I'll share with you. I know thyroid problems runs in my family, but thankfully I've never had a problem with mine. You can try these thyroid friendly smoothies. But before you decide to do this please know that. Raw greens might not be suitable for everyone (I'm not sure if you're apart of that category or not). As, everyone bodies are different and very much unique. So, listen to your body and do what works well with your body. Having Hypothyroid it's always an thin line between agreement and disagreement. About Raw Greens for people that has hypothyroidism. Certain raw greens shouldn't be RAW when you add them to your smoothie. It's best to steam(lightly), puree (pour into ice trays and freeze them) or sautee` these raw greens before adding them to your smoothie: Also list other foods as well with this list.

(African cassava babassu (a palm-tree coconut fruit found in Brazil and Africa)
    bamboo shoots
    bok choy
    broccoli
    broccolini
    brussels sprouts
    cabbage
    canola (rapeseed)
    cauliflower
    Chinese broccoli
    choy sum
    collards
    daikon
    flax seed
    horseradish
    kai-lan (Chinese broccoli)
    kale
    kohlrabi
    millet
    mizuna
    mustard greens
    peaches
    pears
    peanuts
    pine nuts
    radish
    rapini
    red radish
    rutabaga
    soy and soy products (less goitrogenic if fermented)
    spinach
    strawberries
    sweet potatoes
    tatsoi
    turnips
    watercress)

Usually some will use coconut oil to cook with.. But if coconut oil isn't your thing. Grapeseed oil is an alternative choice. *BTW I tried to only add smoothie recipes that didn't include certain raw greens and etc. But if you want such raw greens that should be cooked before smoothing. You'll have to cook them first as stated above!! Always read and do your research on thing's or ask your doctor as well.

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 medium cucumber
    3 stalks celery
    1 small handful parsley
    1 small handful cilantro
    1/2 lemon *mostly peeled*
    1 inch piece of ginger

**Optional
    1 green apple
    1 tbs coconut oil
    fresh aloe

You can add a little stevia (that's if you need a sweetener). But if not don't worry about it.

Green Smoothie
    1 large cucumber peeled and chopped
    ¼ cup water
    ½ cup parsley
    ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
    1 tbs coconut oil
    5 drops stevia
    4 ice cubes

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 handful of lettuces OR romaine lettuce (your choice)
    1 small handful cilantro
    3 stalks celery
    1 green apple
    1-2 tsp coconut oil
    5 drops stevia

Green Smoothie
    1 handful of lettuce OR romaine lettuce (your choice)
    3 stalks celery
    1 green apple

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
    3 stalks celery

Also you can use plain water as a based to do your smoothies or a little coconut water!

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    Yes, @cloud9 it's green breakfast smoothies that's safe for hypothyroid! I'm going to look more into this and I'll share with you. I know thyroid problems runs in my family, but thankfully I've never had a problem with mine. You can try these thyroid friendly smoothies. But before you decide to do this please know that. Raw greens might not be suitable for everyone (I'm not sure if you're apart of that category or not). As, everyone bodies are different and very much unique. So, listen to your body and do what works well with your body. Having Hypothyroid it's always an thin line between agreement and disagreement. About Raw Greens for people that has hypothyroidism. Certain raw greens shouldn't be RAW when you add them to your smoothie. It's best to steam(lightly), puree (pour into ice trays and freeze them) or sautee` these raw greens before adding them to your smoothie: Also list other foods as well with this list.

(African cassava babassu (a palm-tree coconut fruit found in Brazil and Africa)
    bamboo shoots
    bok choy
    broccoli
    broccolini
    brussels sprouts
    cabbage
    canola (rapeseed)
    cauliflower
    Chinese broccoli
    choy sum
    collards
    daikon
    flax seed
    horseradish
    kai-lan (Chinese broccoli)
    kale
    kohlrabi
    millet
    mizuna
    mustard greens
    peaches
    pears
    peanuts
    pine nuts
    radish
    rapini
    red radish
    rutabaga
    soy and soy products (less goitrogenic if fermented)
    spinach
    strawberries
    sweet potatoes
    tatsoi
    turnips
    watercress)

Usually some will use coconut oil to cook with.. But if coconut oil isn't your thing. Grapeseed oil is an alternative choice. *BTW I tried to only add smoothie recipes that didn't include certain raw greens and etc. But if you want such raw greens that should be cooked before smoothing. You'll have to cook them first as stated above!! Always read and do your research on thing's or ask your doctor as well.

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 medium cucumber
    3 stalks celery
    1 small handful parsley
    1 small handful cilantro
    1/2 lemon *mostly peeled*
    1 inch piece of ginger

**Optional
    1 green apple
    1 tbs coconut oil
    fresh aloe

You can add a little stevia (that's if you need a sweetener). But if not don't worry about it.

Green Smoothie
    ¼ cup water
    ½ cup parsley
    ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
    1 tbs coconut oil
    5 drops stevia
    4 ice cubes

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 handful of lettuces OR romaine lettuce (your choice)
    1 small handful cilantro
    3 stalks celery
    1 green apple
    1-2 tsp coconut oil
    5 drops stevia

Green Smoothie
    3 stalks celery
    1 green apple

Green Smoothie
    1 small zucchini
    1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
    3 stalks celery

Also you can use plain water as a based to do your smoothies or a little coconut water!
    Hey Hun,
    Thanks a million for replying to me.
    I am actually very confused about my diet.All I know now is to reduce all bad carbs,fats and junk.I can only do that by adding more fruits and vegetables in my diet and slowly getting rid of everything else.
    This is the easiest way to get nutrition for me at this time. I believe in the healing power of nature and I am confident that natural food will have a very good effect on my body

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    Hey Hun,
    Thanks a million for replying to me.
    I am actually very confused about my diet.All I know now is to reduce all bad carbs,fats and junk.I can only do that by adding more fruits and vegetables in my diet and slowly getting rid of everything else.
    This is the easiest way to get nutrition for me at this time. I believe in the healing power of nature and I am confident that natural food will have a very good effect on my body
    Diets can be so confusing in the beginning but as you get the hang of it! Indeed it'll get easier as you get used to the changes. But write it down and keep a journal on everything! So, you know what works best and what doesn't.

Yes, I'll agree as I like to heal the body with natural foods too. I love to juice and do smoothies, once you get the hang of the taste you'll forget all about sugar and all that other extra stuff you find in juices (fillers).

Banana Ginger Smoothie

1 banana, sliced
    ¾ c (6 oz) vanilla yogurt
    1 Tbsp honey
    ½ tsp freshly grated ginger

**Combine the banana, yogurt, honey, and ginger. Blend until smooth.

Orange Dream Creamsicle

1 navel orange, peeled
    ¼ c fat-free half-and-half or fat-free yogurt
    2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
    ¼ tsp vanilla extract
    4 ice cubes

**Combinethe orange, half-and-half or yogurt, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, and ice cubes. Process until smooth.

Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana

3 Tbsp water
    1 green tea bag
    2 tsp honey
    1½ c frozen blueberries
    ½ med banana
    ¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk

**Microwave water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
    **Combine berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
    **Addtea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements