Skin Care Talk banner

Let's Talk About Workouts!!

49K views 176 replies 9 participants last post by  hippienerd 
#1 ·
Working out with music can make any workout enjoyable! Share your workouts, workouts that you want to try out or just workouts in general. Target certain areas OR target all areas! What are you listening to as you workout? And what do you recommend should be on any workout music list! Do you have goals? Need motivation to reach any goals? Let's talk about it and help one another achieve a healthy lifestyle. Are you game?

See less See more
#96 ·
Motivation Music To Keep You Motivated!!!!!!

1. Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire
  2. Ace Of Base - Beautiful Life
  3. 12 Stones - We Are One
  4. Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure
  5. Aretha Franklin - Respect
  6. Avicci - Wake Me Up
  7. Basement Jaxx - Good Luck
  8. Bastille - Pompeii
  9. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
  10. Beyonce - Run The World
  11. Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now
  12. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
  13. Bon Jovi - It's My Life
  14. Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
  15. Britney Spears - Stronger
  16. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
  17. BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down
  18. Calvin Harris - Let's Go

#104 ·
Effective Stretches
BEFORE any workout you should always stretch first!!! While here's some 'effective stretches' you can try out before you workout.

Jumping Jacks

Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides (a). As you raise your arms above your head, jump up just enough to spread your feet wide(b). Without pausing, quickly reverse the movement. Continue for a total of 10 to 15 reps.

Crossover Jumping Jacks

Stand with your feet more than hip-width apart and your arms straight out to your sides at shoulder level (a). Simultaneously cross your arms in front of your chest and jump up just enough to cross your right leg in front of your left (b). Without pausing, quickly reverse the motion and return to the starting position. Repeat, crossing your left leg in front of your right. Continue alternating feet for a total of 10 to 15 reps.

Tight Core Rotations

Stand with your feet more than hip-width apart and your arms extended in front of you, palms together (a). Keeping your hips square and your core engaged, rotate your upper body to the right so your arms are in line with your right shoulder (b). That's one rep. Quickly reverse, twisting all the way to the left so your arms are in line with your left shoulder. Continue alternating as fast as you can for 30 to 40 reps.

Bent-over Row with L-Raise

Bending at your hips, lower your torso until it's almost parallel to the floor, arms hanging from your shoulders (a). Raise your arms out to shoulder height, bending your elbows 90 degrees (b). Without moving your elbows, rotate your forearms up as far as you can (c). Reverse the motion to return to start. That's one rep. Do 12 to 14.

Bent-over Row with L-Raise

Super Dog

Kneel and place your elbows on the floor, bent 90 degrees. Slide your left hand forward and stretch your right leg behind you until both are straight(a). Raise your left arm and right leg as high as you can, forming a straight line from your fingertips to your toes (b). Hold for two seconds, then return to start. That's one rep. Do 12 to 14 on each side.

Slow-motion Mountain Climber

Start at the top of a pushup (a). Keeping your abs braced, pick up your right foot and slowly bring your knee toward your right shoulder (b). Hold for two seconds, then return to start. Alternate legs until you've done 12 to 14 reps (six or seven per leg).

Arm Crossover

Lie on your left side, with your right knee bent 90 degrees. Straighten both arms in front of you, palms facing each other (a). Keeping your left arm and both legs in position, rotate your torso to the right, until your right hand and upper back are flat on the floor (b). Hold for two seconds, then return to start. Do eight to 10 reps, then repeat on the other side.

Yoga Plex

Start in downward dog, palms and heels flat on the floor, back straight (a). Slowly bring your right foot between your hands (b). Rotate your torso to the right as you reach your right arm toward the ceiling (c). Reverse back to start. Repeat on the other side. Continue alternating until you've done five or six on each side.

Side Lunge to Crossover Lunge Combo

Stand with your arms straight in front of you (a). Step right and lower into a side lunge (b). Bring your left leg behind your right, lowering your knee toward the floor (c). Push off your left foot to stand. Do six to eight reps, then repeat on the other side.

#116 ·
I just started working out seriously at the gym a month ago and I do a variety of things. I do circuit workout about 4x/week, Zumba 2x/week. I find that these high/low intensity workouts are working well for me. I really hate the treadmill and I hate dealing with the changing weather outside. My trainer told me that my body is changing into a "chisel." He recommended that I don't eat any heavy starch or protein for dinner. He said my body doesn't need it while I sleep. I eat healthier now. I love bread and rice and I won't give them up, so I have incorporate those into my eating because I would be miserable without them.

Breakfast:
I eat 2 slices of lightly buttered wheat bread.
coffee (whole milk and sugar added).

Lunch:
Rice everyday, meat (Doesn't have to be low fat), broiled Kale/spinach.
Water

Supper:
Sliced carrots, cucumbers, onions and Olives with a dash of dressing.

Results:
I have lost inches. I don't weight myself or measured myself but I can tell by the way my clothes fit. I'm very happy about my progress and it makes me motivated to continue.

#117 ·
I just started working out seriously at the gym a month ago and I do a variety of things. I do circuit workout about 4x/week, Zumba 2x/week. I find that these high/low intensity workouts are working well for me. I really hate the treadmill and I hate dealing with the changing weather outside. My trainer told me that my body is changing into a "chisel." He recommended that I don't eat any heavy starch or protein for dinner. He said my body doesn't need it while I sleep. I eat healthier now. I love bread and rice and I won't give them up, so I have incorporate those into my eating because I would be miserable without them.

Breakfast:
I eat 2 slices of lightly buttered wheat bread.
coffee (whole milk and sugar added).

Lunch:
Rice everyday, meat (Doesn't have to be low fat), broiled Kale/spinach.
Water

Supper:
Sliced carrots, cucumbers, onions and Olives with a dash of dressing.

Results:
I have lost inches. I don't weight myself or measured myself but I can tell by the way my clothes fit. I'm very happy about my progress and it makes me motivated to continue.
That's the best way to do it!!!! Scales can discourage you... And it's never good to obsessed with such thing's! Your clothing and features of your face can let you know you're doing something right. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

#130 ·
For all the fella's out here! That want to work that CORE out here's some workouts you can try. The summer is around the corner, and if you want that beach bod. You can truly give these workouts a go.​
A1, A2 PLATE RAISES
Stand with knees slightly bent and hold a weight plate in front of your hips. Keeping your arms straight, slowly raise the plate in front of you until it's at shoulder level, and then lower it back down. That's one rep. Perform 2 - 3 sets of 8 - 12 reps, resting 60 - 90 seconds between sets. Make sure you keep perfect posture shoulders back and chest out the entire time.​
B1, B2 ONE-LEGGED DUMBBELL ROWS
Hold a dumbbell in one hand and stand on the opposite leg. Keeping your lower back in its natural arch, bend forward at the hips until your torso is about 45 degrees to the floor. Row the weight to the outside of your chest, and lower it back down. That's one rep. Perform 2 - 3 sets of 8 - 12 reps on each side, resting 60 - 90 seconds between sets.​
C1, C2 SUITCASE SQUATS
Hold a dumbbell in one hand at your side and squat as low as you can, as if you were putting down a suitcase. Perform 2 - 3 sets of 8 - 12 reps on each side, resting 60 - 90 seconds between sets.​

1. SPIDERMAN PLANK CRUNCH
Start in a traditional plank position with your forearms on the ground and your body perfectly straight. Bring your right knee forward towards your right elbow, then return to the plank position. Repeat by bringing your left knee toward your left elbow. That’s one rep. Alternate sides for a total of 10 complete reps.​

2. CABLE ROTATION
Stand holding a cable with both hands out in front of you at just under shoulder height. Keeping your arms fixed and straight and your abs engaged, rotate your upper body to the left, then back to center, and then to the right, and then back to center. That’s one rep Alternate sides for one set of 10 complete reps.​

3. BICYCLE CRUNCH
Lie on your back with your hands behind your head, and your legs raised and bent at 90 degrees. Alternate sides by bringing your right elbow towards your left knee then your left elbow towards your right knee, building up to 60 seconds. Try and hold the crunch for a two-count on each side to force a slower, concentrated movement.​

4. CROSS CRUNCH
Lie on your back with arms and legs diagonally out so that your body forms an "X." Keeping arms and legs straight, bring your right hand towards your left foot, then your left hand towards your right foot, lifting your head, neck, and shoulders off the ground. That’s one rep. Aim for one complete set of 10 reps.

5. SWISS-BALL ROLLOUT
Kneel on a mat with your hands on a Swiss stability ball. Keeping your back straight and your abs engaged, roll the ball as far away from you can, then slowly roll back to starting position. Aim for two sets of 10 rollouts.​

#132 ·
Here's some more CORE workouts for you fellas that want to work your CORE.​
Ab Wheel Rollout
Kneel on the floor and hold an ab wheel beneath your shoulders. Brace your abs and roll the wheel forward until you feel you’re about to lose tension in your core and your hips might sag. Roll yourself back to start. Do as many reps as you can with perfect form and end the set when you think you might break form.​
Arms High Partial Sit Up
Lie on your back, knees bent 90 degrees, and raise your arms straight overhead, keeping them pointing upward throughout the exercise. Sit up halfway and then return to the floor.​
Barbell Rollout
Load the bar with 10-pound plates and kneel on the floor behind it. Your shoulders should be over the bar. Brace your abs and roll the bar forward, reaching in front of you until you feel your hips are about to sag. Roll yourself back.​
Barbell Russian Twist
Grasp the bar near the very end again this time with both hands. Stand with feet shoulder width. Swing the bar to your left, pivoting your feet as needed, and then swing to your right.​
Swiss Ball Crunch
Lie back on the ball with feet shoulder-width apart on the floor. Your lower back should be supported by the ball. Place your hands behind your ears and tuck your chin. Curl your body up off the ball until you're sitting up.​
Dip/Leg Raise Combo
Suspend yourself over the parallel bars at a dip station. Bend your knees slightly and raise your legs in front of you until they're parallel to the floor.​
Flutter Kick
Lie on your back with legs straight and extend your arms by your sides. Lift your heels about six inches and rapidly kick your feet up and down in a quick, scissor-like motion.​
Front Squat
Set a barbell on a power rack at about shoulder height (if you don't have a rack, clean it to your shoulders). Grasp the bar with hands at shoulder width and raise your elbows until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Take the bar out of the rack and let it rest on your fingertips as long as your elbows stay up, you'll be able to balance the bar. Step back and set your feet at shoulder width with toes turned out slightly. Squat as low as you can without losing the arch in your lower back.​
Horizontal Cable Woodchop
Set an adjustable cable pulley to shoulder level (or attach a band to a sturdy object) and grasp the handle with both hands. Stand with feet shoulder width apart, perpendicular to the anchor point, and arms extended, far enough away from the machine so there’s tension on the cable. Twist away from the machine as if you were chopping into a tree. Keep your feet stationary.​

#133 ·
Ladies the summer is right around the corner 2015 SUMMER BOD! Let's get those cores into shape. If you're looking for core workouts here are some to try out.​
Swiss Ball Body Saw
Start on your knees and place your forearms on the top of a 65 cm or 75 cm stability (Swiss) ball. Clasp your hands together for an anchoring effect. Walk your knees backward until you can easily lift up into a plank position with your feet hip-width apart. Keep your feet flexed, brace your core strongly, and lift away from the ball by pressing into your forearms. This will keep you from sagging and losing tension in your core. Activate and squeeze your legs and butt to stabilize, then pull your arms two to four inches toward you (A). Immediately push your arms four to eight inches forward so that you end forward from your starting position (B). That’s one rep. Continue this backward and forward movement for a total of 20 reps. Rest for 30 seconds and repeat the movement, this time for 30 reps. Then, rest for one minute and repeat the movement for 40 reps. Pow: Hello, abs. Rest for one minute between this and the next exercise (or for as long as it takes to get prepared for the next move).
Swiss Ball Plank with Feet on Bench
Begin on your knees, and place your forearms on a 65 cm or 75 cm stability (Swiss) ball with hands clasped. Lift your upper body away from the ball to stabilize and tighten your upper-body muscles. Once you're stable, step one foot back to a sturdy exercise bench and activate that leg for stability. Then, step the other foot back to the bench and place it so that your feet are shoulder-width distance apart. Brace your core strongly. Imagine that you could lengthen your body outward from your head and backward from your heels. Keep your upper body strong, and take short, shallow breaths. Hold for 30 seconds. Relax down, and rest for 30 seconds. Repeat the movement, this time holding for 45 seconds. Relax, and rest for 45 seconds. Repeat for a third set, this time holding for one minute (or longer if you can). Rest for one minute between this and the next exercise (or for as long as it takes to get prepared for the next move).
V-Up
Begin lying face-up on the floor with your legs stretched out straight and your arms reaching over your head with your hands together but not clasped (A). Keeping your feet and hands together, contract and brace your core deeply as you exhale; this sets the foundation for the movement. Immediately, use the strength of your core to lift your torso and legs off the ground, as if bringing your hands and feet together and reaching for your toes. Continue exhaling throughout this phase of the movement. Imagine that you are trying to lift your whole body off the ground so that you end with just your tailbone touching the floor. This isn’t exactly possible, but that’s the essence of the movement and the direction that you want to go(B). Relax fully to the ground, pausing for a brief moment. That’s one rep. Immediately lift back up and continue the movement for a total of 15 reps. Rest for one minute, then repeat for two more sets of 15, again resting for one minute between the second and third sets. If you’d like to add more of a challenge, hold a five-pound dumbbell end-to-end in your hands throughout the exercise. Rest for one minute between this and the next exercise (or for as long as it takes to get prepared for the next move).
Weighted Russian Twist
Sit up tall on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat. Hold a five- or 10-pound weight plate with your hands, bracing the muscles of your core. Extend your hands outward directly in front of your chest. Take a deep inhale, then exhale and lean backward with a long, tall spine, holding your torso at a 45-degree angle and keeping your arms extended (A). From here, turn your torso to the right, pause and squeeze your core muscles (B), then turn your torso fully to the left, and pause and squeeze your ab muscles(C). That’s one rep. Continue alternating sides and twisting for a total of 20 reps. Then rest for 30 seconds and repeat the movement for 30 reps. Rest for one minute and complete a third set for 40 reps.

#137 ·
2015 workout playlist

Maroon 5- Sugar (Remix) Ft. Nicki Minaj

Pitbull, Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives

Jeremih Feat. YG - Don't Tell 'Em

Jason Derulo - "Want To Want Me"

Flo Rida - My House

Mark Ronson - Feel Right (Lyric Video) ft. Mystikal

Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock

Beyoncé - Countdown

Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You

Deorro, Chris Brown - Five More Hours

Jack Ü - Take Ü There (feat. Kiesza) (Missy Elliott Remix)

#138 ·
Hippie Here are a few for you too look at Songza create playlists for you http://songza.com/ I love this one......both Pandora and rockmyrun (below) pick songs with ideal beats per minute for whatever activity you choose. http://www.rockmyrun.com/myBeat.php

#140 ·
http://www.rockmyrun.com/myBeat.php
I'm glad it's an app for androids wee thanks gymmie

The mybeat step and heart it's
available​
for android users yet! Interesting.. I can't wait until it will be. Wait a min I can put it on my ipod touch! Because I want to try it.

I'm going to fall in love with this songza link you gave haha.. I like how it's categorize so smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.