Let's Talk About Workouts!!
Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 Last

Thread: Let's Talk About Workouts!!

Let's Talk About Workouts!!

Working out with music can make any workout enjoyable! Share your workouts, workouts that you want to try out or just workouts in general. Target certain areas OR target all areas! What are you listening to as you workout? And what do you recommend should be on any workout music list! Do you have goals? Need motivation to reach any goals? Let's talk about it and help one another achieve a healthy lifestyle. Are you game?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I'M GAME!! I listen to fancy by Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX Especially when I'm doing squats and lunges. Its the best song for motivation. ----------—-------------- I also listen to Senile by YMCMB. I have to look at my playlist to put all the songs.

Fat Burning Workouts *Target The Belly* Ab Exercises

Cross Knee Strike

Stand with your knees slightly bent, arms bent into your body, and your hands in fists by your chin (this is called "on guard" position). Shift your weight onto your right leg, leaving just the toes of your left foot on the floor. Brace your abs and lift your left knee up towards your right shoulder while you turn your right shoulder into your knee. Lower left toes back to the floor, keeping your balance on the right leg. Repeat 20 times with the left leg and 20 times with the right. Focus on your breath to deepen the contraction of your abs: exhale as lift your knee and imagine you're pressing the air out of your lungs with your abs. Inhale as you lower your leg back down.

Side Abs Leg Lift

Stand "on guard" and shift your weight to your right leg, turning your right heel slightly forward and keeping your knee soft. Keep just your left toes lightly touching the ground and extend your left arm up to the ceiling (keeping your hand in a fist). Lift your left leg up to hip height as you pull your left elbow down towards your hip. Lower left leg down to the ground and extend left arm back up to the ceiling, maintaining your balance on your right leg. Repeat 20 times with the left leg, 20 times with the right. Think about 'shortening' your left side as you pull your elbow and leg together to strengthen the contraction of your oblique muscles.

Bob and Weave Circle

Stand "on guard" and then step both feet wider than hip width apart, turning your toes out slightly. Bend both knees directly out over your toes, and lower your body straight down, keeping your shoulders over your hips, your back straight, and your abs pulled in. Holding this deep plie position with your legs, lean your upper body to the left, pressing your left shoulder down towards your left hip, keeping your arms up on guard and chest facing forward. Next, round your back and shoulders forward, scooping your abs in deeper towards your spine, and hips steady. Then come up and around to the right side, leaning your upper body to the right. Finish the move by bringing your upper body back to the middle, and straightening your spine, before repeating in the other direction. Do this 20 times in total, reversing sides each time. Imagine you are tracing a circle with your upper body, and make sure to create a full circle on both sides with every rep.

Double Jab, Cross, Jab, Cover

Stand with your right foot forward, arms on guard. Throw a double jab with your left arm by quickly doing two jabs in a row. Next, throw a right cross punch, then repeat a single jab on the left. Quickly "cover" (imagine you are trying to protect your torso from your opponent's punches) by twisting your upper body (hips stay still) and bringing your right elbow to your belly button. Immediately reverse to the left, and then repeat one more time to the right (the pace of this move is very quick, try counting "1, 2, 3" as you do it to keep your tempo up). Return to start. That's one rep. Repeat 10 times in a row as quickly as you can, and then switch your stance and do 10 reps on the other side.

Side Crunch & Pulse

Hits obliques (sides of abs), seratus anterior (muscles below chest), and six pack Lie faceup, knees bent to 90 degrees, hands behind head. Lower knees to left and crunch up; do 15--25 reps. Return to start, lift shoulders, extend left arm, and pulse forward for 15--25 reps. Repeat sequence on right side. This is 1 set. Do 2 sets.
    & pulse

Cross Punch Roll Up

Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor about hip-width apart. Bring your arms into 'on guard' and slowly start to round your spine as you sit up, rolling all the way up through your back. As you're rolling up, perform four cross punches across your body, alternating your right and left arm (by the last punch, you should be sitting all the way up, feet still flat against the floor). Bring arms back to on guard position, keep shoulders facing straight ahead, round your spine, draw your abs in tight and slowly roll back down to the floor. Repeat 10 times in total. Breathe out every time you perform a cross punch as you're sitting up, and inhale as you lower back down to the floor. Be sure to keep your abs braced the entire time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Kanye West - Workout Plan will always be on my workout playlist lol!

Workout Playlist!! This is just half of what I've got. I'll share more as I scroll through my list.

Eminem Ft. Nate Dog - Till I Collapse

Rihanna - Where Have You Been

Black Eyed Peas - Pump It

David Guetta Ft NeYo & Akon - Work Hard Play Hard

Jay Z Ft. Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail

@HippieNerd I love that song! Ty for reminding me to download it! ----------------- The kanye west song is fun to listen to especially when he says the exercises you're doing.

Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by evenlybright View Post
    I love that song! Ty for reminding me to download it!
    The kanye west song is fun to listen to especially when he says the exercises you're doing.
    Yes, that song will forever be my jam to workout and your very welcome dear! I got so many I'll have to go through the list and pick out my favorites and some of the ones that I'll recommend having on your workout playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    [SIZE=13px]Quote:[/SIZE] Yes, that song will forever be my jam to workout and your very welcome dear! I got so many I'll have to go through the list and pick out my favorites and some of the ones that I'll recommend having on your workout playlist.
    Yes please I need new music to listen too and new music to workout to!

Fat Burning Workouts *Target The Belly* Ab Exercises
    Do what you can and if you want to get more advance with the workout go for it.

Side Crunch

Lying on the floor face up with your knees together and bent at a 90-*degree angle. Without moving your upper body, lower your knees to the right side so that they’re touching the floor. Place your fingers behind your head. Raise your shoulders toward your hips, pause for one second, and then take two seconds to lower your upper body back to the starting position. Perform this move for 30 seconds and then switch your legs to the other side for an additional 30 seconds.

Pilates Sit Ups

Lie down on your mat, chest up. Extend your legs with your toes pointing up and extend your arms straight back past your head. Keeping your arms straight, lift them over your head so they are even with your shoulders. Raise your head, shoulders and upper body toward the ceiling. Keep your body in as much of a straight line as you can. Avoid arching your back. Lead with your chest, not your head. Your upper body should move as a unit. Your arms should remain straight in front of your shoulders as you sit up to a 90-degree angle. Pause at the top seated position. Slowly lower back down, curling your back towards the floor, taking it vertebrae by vertebrae. Once your back is flat, return your arms to the floor behind your head. That is one repetition. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.

Bicycle Crunch

Lie on back with knees and hips at a 90-degree angle. Place hands behind your head. Exhale as you lift head and shoulders off the floor. Twist torso to the right, bringing left shoulder in to touch your right knee. Keep left leg straight and lifted off the floor. Inhale as you slowly lower. Repeat, twisting torso to the left. Continue alternating sides for 60 seconds.For an easier modification, feet can return to the floor after each rep.

Russian Twist On Stability Ball

Sit on the stability ball. Carefully walk your feet out in front of you so that you are lying on the ball with your feet flat on the floor. Stick your arms out straight toward the ceiling over your chest with your hands flat together. You should be looking straight up with your shoulders relaxed. Keeping your hips still, rotate your shoulders so your upper body twists to one side. One shoulder should be pointing at the ceiling, the other at the floor. Try to move your whole torso with one motion, and not just your arms. Return to the starting position, and then roll to the other side. Keep your back and legs straight, your stomach muscles engaged, and your shoulder blades pulled back. Repeat as many times as possible in 60 seconds.For an easier modification, place feet closer together to increase balance.

Plank Tuck Twist

Lie facedown on the ball with your hands on the floor in front of you (the “up” part of a push-up), with only your shins and tops of your feet on the ball. Bring your knees in, pivoting them sideways so they come towards your right armpit. Move your legs back out to plank position, and then repeat on the other side. That’s one rep. Repeat for 10 reps. For an easier modification, do the move without a ball while wearing socks on a soft surface or with your feet on paper plates so they will still be able to slide.

Ab Roll Up

To begin, lie on your back with arms at your sides and palms facing down. Lift your butt and lower back up in the air so that the bottoms of your feet are facing the ceiling. In one fluid motion, lower your back and legs and transition to your feet while jumping in the air as high as you can with arms extended straight overhead. That is one rep. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.

Ab Clap

To begin, lie on your back with both your legs and hands outstretched in front of you with your heels facing the ceiling and your arms together with palms touching one another. Simultaneously open arms and legs. Make a wide “V” with legs and stretch arms all the way out to both sides. Return to starting formation. This is one rep. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.For an added challenge, add ankle weights!

Reverse Crunch

Lie with your back on the floor and with your palms facing down. Bend your knees in towards your chest. Raise your hips off the floor and crunch your knees inward. Reach towards the ceiling with your toes. Pause, then slowly lower your legs and roll your back down until you’re back in starting position. Use your core muscles to lift; avoid rocking back and forth. Repeat this as many times as you can in 60 seconds.For an easier modification, place your hands under your behind for support, and decrease your range of motion.

Quote Originally Posted by evenlybright View Post
    Yes please I need new music to listen too and new music to workout to!
    Alright I got you babes. And please chime in on what you listen to as well. I'm sure some of the music on your list I probably don't even have.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements