Skin Care Talk banner

Your Current Tone, Your Dream Tone, How to get there

8K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  katie2015 
#1 ·
Hey SCTers,

Been wondering what everyone's tone is and how they achieved (been on this forum for days researching! loll)

So about me.

My legs are NC45, But the rest of my Body is NC 50 and my face is a Shade darker.

I need help

I want to be all over NC 45 like my legs.

My Dream Tone: Rihanna, but I know that will take a bit.

My plan: I'm still in the exfoliating stage. Using Glytone + Asantee + Kojie san ( I melt my soaps and mix them together)

After a month of Exfoliating I plan on starting with a Nadinola + KA mix till I get NC 45 All over.

So how's my plan? will I get there by the end of this YEAR? What are your Current TONEs and Dream Tones??

LET'S DISCUSS!

See less See more
#2 ·
My current tone is about this shade...
My dream tone is between Tae and Meagan this
and this

I use Nadilona mix with a vit c powder on my face so far so good, I also used carotien fading cream. For my body I use Kojic San, G&G mix with the oil and vit c serum. I recently incoporated carolight mix with the oil cuz I want a high yellow undertone just like Meagan in that above pic. i use this mix only at night and then I use my G&G mix in the morning, So far theres no much difference but my skin have been smoothing out its only been three weeks so am giving it atleast 6 months to get to my goal shade.....just a question though do you guys think I can get there with this regimen or what should I add or take of? All suggestions welcome.

#3 ·
@Masa, how about incooperating Lactic Acid peels

I've been exfoliating for 3 weeks now, started first with a 40% LA Peel, then after two days started using Glytone, I love how my skin looks like its fading.

I think exfoliating will get rid of some tan and then incooperate the Lightening oils, etc.

Is Carotein Fading Cream that good? been reading a lot about it here.

I wish I could find out exactly what MEAGAN GOOD uses. Her skin is FLAWLESS!!

#4 ·
Actually I did some peels in the past cuz I was lightening before but peels just dont go well with me. So no more peels for me. I got some good results from lightening back then but I got lazy before I reach my goal, Yes I exfoliated with kojic san soap and and exfoliating gloves and yes I also used glyton, I just started lightening.

#7 ·
I think you can definitely get there in a year. I mean to be honest, i think you could get there more so in the matter of two months, its more so about finding the right products that will help get you there. Let me also advise as I will for all here is to make sure whatever regimen you are currently doing, that it is something you can keep up with in the future (Financially, no matter where your at in life for the most part), because I know some people on here have like a soccer team of products that they use and some of use don't have the funds to supply that nor the time. I will say Fanta, I love the ambition for your goal, keep pushing and reaching as for everyone on here. As a member with some seniority, check out my post that I made many moons ago, I think it will help many people on their skin-lightening journey with tips and what not.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/42223/ten-tips-for-successful-lightening-brightening-bleaching

And I will say my starting shade was Akon and it went down to say Oprah-Usher, some days its Tika Sumpter. I found this to be manageable for me. I havent done my body, because I have yet to find working products. But as my mom always says, as long as your hair and face look good, that's all that matters, because anything you wear will look good! But I salute those who are doing body regimens, don't give up! "Avec anpil Lamou" (With alot of love)

-UM

#8 ·
THANK YOU SO MUCH @ultimatemerger,

That was very kind and inspiration, and thanks for taking the time to visit this thread.

You are right about being financially sound with any regimen we decide to go with, because honestly I've spent soo much money buying everything that is mentioned on this site and I'm yet to get the result I like.

Thanks again.

#12 · (Edited)
I been browsing for days and finally made an account to at least post my current skin and my goals.

I'm about Rihanna's shade when she's rather tanned, just not as even and supple looking :( . My goal is to try and get to maybe NC37 or NC40.

I"ve been exfoliating with a glove for about two weeks now, but, I've been looking into ordering a Korean Italy Towel. I'm still researching HOW I'm gonna get to that shade, so I don't have a specific routine yet and just focusing on exfoliation in the meantime.

#13 ·
hi ...i have been lightening on and off with little success. reasons why i didn't lighten:
1. not using products long enough.
2. not consistent
3. not patient

i have deviced a new regime that i am gonna follow for the next 3-4 months. please tell me if it is good:

AM:
Face: Wash with kojie san soap ( scrub 3x a week)
apply piona+fair & white+makari+evertone+ caro light (angel)
apply spf 100
Body: Bathe with kojie san soap ( dead sea salt soap 2x a week)
apply caro light+ labidjanaise lotion

Evening: Apply home made mask of goat's milk+rice flour+gram flour+drops of lemon+pinch of turmeric

PM:
Face: Glyco A 12% + Retin A+ Caro light+ evertone
Body: Caro light+labidjanaise

Current shade: Freida Pinto/ Eva longoria
Goal Shade: Megan Fox

#15 ·
Imo I would say take out the makari lotion and use that later like in the summer.
Who makes evertone?
Also that's a lot of products for just your face. You're going from 0-100 REAL quick! But if you can keep up with all that then more power to you!

#18 ·
What matters in your sunblock is the ingredients more than SPF.
You'll get better coverage with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
Read @arrow s thread/guide !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.