Would you date someone of a different race just so your kids turn out light? - Page 2

Thread: Would you date someone of a different race just so your kids turn out light?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbro Svan View Post
    I don't like kids so I doubt I'll ever have any buuuut if I ever change my mind I would like a whole bunch of different looking kids. First born black, second born half white and third born half Chinese. I told my family that last Christmas lol let's just say they looked at me with disgust. Clearly they though I would be sleeping around with 1 man from each continent but they obviously forgot that there are different ways of having a baby nowadays.... Sperm clinic or whatever it's called
    Classic Man Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Barbro Svan View Post
    I don't like kids so I doubt I'll ever have any buuuut if I ever change my mind I would like a whole bunch of different looking kids. First born black, second born half white and third born half Chinese. I told my family that last Christmas lol let's just say they looked at me with disgust. Clearly they though I would be sleeping around with 1 man from each continent but they obviously forgot that there are different ways of having a baby nowadays.... Sperm clinic or whatever it's called
    Having kids is painful, i dont know how women do it. Its painful and probably not worth it. But if i ever change my mind, ill probably give the child up for adoption. Its not that i may not be a good mom, i know i will be an awesome mom, but i wanna travel, have a career with no kids. Some ppl think having kids is fun, but after they have them, they dont want to take care of them and poor kids end up in Foster care. I've seen it a lot.

I know this is an old thread but I'm bumping it lol. I'm not even old enough to even think about having kids yet, and I'm not even quite sure I want any when the time comes tbh. But @LeoChris, yes that would surely be an advantage on your side, but have you ever thought about the fact that your child may someday look at you and may sometimes secretly resent you for the disadvantages that you've given them for being part black period? Even if they're light. Just a thought... I have some mixed friends who struggled with this when they were younger

I don't think any skin tone makes anyone more or less attractive or more or less successful in life. So its doesn't matter.

No, NO, NO ! lol, I have a certain kind of disgust for people who do this. You should have kids with someone because you love that person, not because you want light skin children. Ive heard women say this and two years later I see them with their mixed kids and i cant help but think i would feel so used and betrayed if i was a white man and a black woman was preying on me for light skin kids. That being said, I do understand Preference, I am open to all races but I do prefer Black women so obviously my kids would come out black, But I am also more than happy with having mixed kids but you should not go in to a relationship with the hidden agenda of mixed kids. That is my opinion and that is the most humane mentality to have and i would hope others shared it. Its about LOVE not skin color.

Preach @KingKojic

Quote Originally Posted by Kays View Post
    Preach @KingKojic
    loool It just brought back a disturbing memory, cause i know someone who did this. and now she's divorced and the Caucasian father has custody so her whole master plan backfired on her.

Too many of these stories usually backfire and people still dont learn @KingKojic

i will love my child no matter what colour she/he will be. I am black and I want to be with a black man (ofc it dosen'T mean i wouldn'T date other races)however this world is very superficial and it's hard to be a black woman especially a dark skin woman. Sometimes i feel like like I want to have light kids .. so they won't have to face the same rejection/racism/discrimination I did ...... but not because i think lighter babies are cuter or whatever ...

Great thread!! Wonder why I just came across it today.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements