Site Issues - Page 2

Thread: Site Issues

I'm still having trouble with the search bar. It doesn't recognize words that are 3 characters or less. So if I type "AHA and Vitamin C", it only recognizes a search for "vitamin".

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzygreen View Post
    I'm still having trouble with the search bar. It doesn't recognize words that are 3 characters or less. So if I type "AHA and Vitamin C", it only recognizes a search for "vitamin".
    Hi Fuzzygreen thank you for letting me know, I definitely check into this. Is everything else working ok for you?
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Hi Gymmie, yes, relatively so. Are likes/thanks gone permanently?

Edit: Actually, another issue with the search bar: when you do advanced search for posts, the results returned are threads, not posts.
    Last edited by fuzzygreen; 09-14-2015 at 05:35 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi Gymmie, yes, relatively so. Are likes/thanks gone permanently?

Edit: Actually, another issue with the search bar: when you do advanced search for posts, the results returned are threads, not posts.
    Thank you so much Fuzzy!! I am checking into each one. I appreciate you letting me know about glitches, etc you are having because without hearing from you all I cannot help to fix things. I am not a big mobile user, would rather use my desktop so the issues I have are much different than those who are using mobiles, so i thank you for this!!

The mobile version is not completely flawless but is much better so for those who do use mobiles, give it another try and see how it works for you. If you continue having issues, please let me know!!

I change to mobile and there is no way i could access next page to continue reading and I can't go back to full site it said error 404 not found. Help @gymrat

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH View Post
    I change to mobile and there is no way i could access next page to continue reading and I can't go back to full site it said error 404 not found. Help @gymrat
    @TRIUMPH I'm on my mobile right now and I was able to switch from one to the other, did you try by using the options on the bottom left hand corner of the homepage? This is what to look for on the home page....way at the bottom left hand side, once you click on "skincare talk" it should give you the options to choose from. Does it not?
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Thank you so much Fuzzy!! I am checking into each one. I appreciate you letting me know about glitches, etc you are having because without hearing from you all I cannot help to fix things. I am not a big mobile user, would rather use my desktop so the issues I have are much different than those who are using mobiles, so i thank you for this!!
    No problem! Actually, I'm not using the mobile version either. Both of the issues I mentioned can be observed on the desktop version. Try it out: try an advanced search and check off posts for type. It'll return you threads, not posts.

Same thing with the keyword issue. Anything 3 characters or less will not be recognized as a search term.

No problem! Actually, I'm not using the mobile version either. Both of the issues I mentioned can be observed on the desktop version. Try it out: try an advanced search and check off posts for type. It'll return you threads, not posts.

Same thing with the keyword issue. Anything 3 characters or less will not be recognized as a search term.
    Hi Fuzzygreen, the search bar is limited to words of 4 letters or more.

It says I have 1 unread private message but when I look in my folder there is nothing?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements