Skin Care Talk banner

Fair and White and Fair and Flawless

26K views 144 replies 27 participants last post by  DelicateAngel 
#1 ·
Has anyone had success with these brands in lightening dark elbows? If so what product did you use?

#2 ·
Many of the pundits over in the anti aging dept lightened their dark elbows & knees with TCA peel kits. I did this (only one 12.5% TCA peel ) & it made a big difference in my elbows. Go over to that dept & check out the TCA peel thread. Pay extra attention to what Lexi & Goatlady have to say on this.

#5 ·
I am currently using retin-hydro combo on my knees. I've been doing it for about 2 weeks. Not much difference yet. But I'll keep you up date.

I've used the fair and white strong bleaching cream in the white box on my knees and it made a slight difference. I am planning on trying the tca.

#6 ·
The TCA is quite the adventure. Scary the 1st time: my hands were literally shaking! I'd've never tried it w/o Goatlady & Lexi. Now I am glad I did

#7 ·
Funny. I was going to make a post about Fair and White today. My HQ serum I made looks and feels exactly like the F&W Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Cream in the skinny gold box with the blue tube inside. I will know tomorrow if it works as well as the F&W. My face reacts fast.

I called the Fair and White headquarters 2 years or so ago trying to get them to sell me a giant tub of that stuff as I knew it could make my body high yellow. If this stuff works the same, I say TAKE THAT F&W! HaHa!

#8 ·
I heard people say that before and honestly that one never did anything at all for me!!!!! Now I know ppl say you can get the fake fair and white but this looked authentic with the seal and I was like
but the one I do use that works is the one in the white box its called the gel cream and it say strong bleaching treatment on the box

have you tried that one?

What experience did you have with the blue one?

#11 ·
Ohhhh
I was like... HOW'D I MISS THIS QUESTION! When I was responding to this topic, I was doing 3 or 4 other things and hadn't hit submit reply.

I melt 5gr of HQ into 30ml(a few ml less can be used to make it a little more potent) of glycerin. I have ordered DPG which will be here next week.

What I do:
1.Find a pan that won't be used for cooking to boil some water in.
2.Fill a beaker with 30ml of glycerin and place into pan of boiling water.
3.Use meat thermometer to check when the glycerin is at 170degrees.
4.Put HQ in beaker of glycerin and stir and stir.. until HQ has melted.
5.Pour into a pump bottle.
6.Let it cool.
7.Shower
8.Apply.
9.Become high yellow.

Now, about F&W. I remember 1 time I bought a tube of it and it was 'grainy' as heck. They must have not let the HQ melt all the way. That stuff was $15 a tube. This stuff costs around $1 or so(maybe less) when you factor in the cost of electricity to melt it. It's like have my own skin lightening warehouse!

#10 ·
I haven't tried the one in the white. The blue one can make a person high yellow. If it turns brown before you use it up, throw it away. I think you'd finish it by then, though.

Yeah, guesso.com has some campaign going on how to spot the fakes.

#12 ·
This can be done over and over to fill a big pump bottle. When I tried adding more, it turned brown. I'm going to make 6oz or so later today(little by little). Maybe that will last till my DPG arrives.

#13 ·
Thanks for sharing the recipe. So far it hasn't turned brown on you? THis seems to be the big stumbling block people run into in compounding at home with HQ. Please let everyone know, after 4 weeks or so of usage, how well it worked for you.

#128 ·
Over the years, I have read many-a 2% HQ box, which have indicated that results may be seen or apparent in as early as 6 weeks. So here is my rough justice results table using the SPF methodology:

2% - 6-8 weeks
4% - 4-6 weeks
8% - 2-4 weeks
16% - 1-2 weeks

Of course results will vary

In using my first batch, I was primarily concern that the product was 1) safe; 2) stable and 3) absorbed well i.e., did not sit on top of skin where it would be essentially useless.

After 1 week there were appreciable differences in my skintone, using my 18% formula. I am a Fitz IV ??? brown-olive-red disaster. LOL! Today, I became greener....LOL

So when I speak of good results after 1 week, I speak with confidence. Of course it would be probably best to wait to see if I burn off body parts or turn purple before making any declarations about the efficacy of my witches brew.

My goals are to even out the existing discolorations and repair and inhibit sun damage, which promoted the uneveness. I swear, my skin is so darned reactive to the sun. So essentially, I just want to look like the tip of my nose.

LOL!

Cordially,

Crescent

#16 ·
I just ordered the Fair & Flawless 5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel and the
Crème`De Laser Concentrated Skin Whitening Cream. I will be using both of them on my arms only and will report back on how they work on my elbows as well.

#17 ·
Do let us know, Nikki! I'm not interested in trying F&F, myself, but I am interested in the results of the products' 'hype' from a 'real' person and I've seen your name on other boards. Good Luck!

#24 ·
I hate when that happens: it can theow your routine out of whack. I try to keep spare unopened products on hand in case there's a shipping snafu so I don't wind up running out & having nothing to use.

#25 ·
Ok people I have received my creams!!
I think I'll try the Fair and Flawless 5XF Gel first.
I'm liking the ingredients so far.

It has 5% Alpha Arbutin, 5% Sepiwhite, 5% Kojic Acid, it also contains Malic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Latic Acid but I am excited about the amount of the first three because they are of a high percentage.

I liked the results from using a 4% hydroquinone cream so seeing this contains 5% of Sepiwhite is a good sign it will work great.

The jars are a good 4oz size so it will last long enough for me to see results since I'm only going to use them on my arms and hands only, maybe the gel on my feet too. The gel is yellow and the Creme De Laser is white and smells sweet, both come with a small spatulas.

I also received a Mineral Cream, I don't know what that is, I'll go check it out on their site later.

I've always read the gel works fast so I will post in about a week to see if any lightening has occurred. Look out elbows here it comes!!

#26 ·
5% sepi-white is high. There's a lot of different acidic compounds in this stuff. watch for any signs of thinning skin. I look forward to your results!

#27 ·
After all of the home chemical peels I've done I'm not worried about thin skin, never had a problem with it and I've purchased all of the acids in the cream at one point or another with good results.

I know the word acid can scare people off sometimes but as long as they didn't slip any battery acid in the cream I"m cool
LOL!!!

Besides the 5XF Whitening Gel is for the body only (neck down).
The Creme De Laser can be used all over including the face,
I read of some using the 5XF Gel on the face and said it was drying.
I actually don't mind anything that causes a little dryness since my face can
get a bit oily and shiny, but I"m using it on my body only, they do offer a 80xF Facial Whitening Gel that I may try out later.

For now I'm going to concentrate on my arms/elbows and see what happens.

#31 ·
Nikkicute, Did you take before and after pictures to display if it's working. It's not i don't trust your experiement...its just for picture proof. Most creams advertise amazing results but have no before and after photos to prove it. Even the one your using doesn't have pictures

#32 ·
Even with before & after photos it is hard to determine what is & is not authentic. I've seen so many obviously faked & doctored photos that it is ridiculous. Many people are reluctant to post photos of themselves on an open forum like this one where anyone can see them. More than one person made very rude remarks about my photo not long ago. Had I been younger & more sensitive, I'd've been upset & I'd've yanked it down immediately. As a 'grown-up' I was able to put it into perspective & move on. I understand those who refuse to post their photos. As a general rule & a point of honour, all those people asking to see other people's photos should first post their own.

#36 ·
I see your point and im sorry you had to get immature remarks. But I don't think there is any point me posting a picture when I haven't used any product to go lighter. I will....when i find proof one works and be a subject but at the moment Im trying to find one that works...which I haven't seen anywhere that's 100%. A lot of people claimed to have used "this product" or "that product" but never prove it.... its just words. Honest people like yourself, could do it and not necessarily their whole face. Just a part...just for proof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.