Still trying to find that elusive cure for melasma,any new treatment?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Still trying to find that elusive cure for melasma,any new treatment?

Still trying to find that elusive cure for melasma,any new treatment?

Hi!All
    I've been away for a long time but i cant say that anything has improved my melasma.Its still the same though,hasnt faded nor darkened.And now i am pregnant too,so have stopped all chemicals and only use basic stuff.I was so afraid that my melasma would get worse when i got pregnant but thankfully it didnt.But!am still in the quest for discovering something that works.Any input,your current skin regimen or some new product that you ladies could recommend to me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ktmktm View Post
    Hi!All
    I've been away for a long time but i cant say that anything has improved my melasma.Its still the same though,hasnt faded nor darkened.And now i am pregnant too,so have stopped all chemicals and only use basic stuff.I was so afraid that my melasma would get worse when i got pregnant but thankfully it didnt.But!am still in the quest for discovering something that works.Any input,your current skin regimen or some new product that you ladies could recommend to me?
    Hi ktmktm,

How are things going for you? You mention that you had been away for a long time and your malasma did not change. What were you using to keep it at bay? Mine continues to spread and I can't figure out why. Have you done anything to treat the melasma from the inside out? How long have you had it and where is it located?
    Are things still the same for you since your last post?

Hi Somehope!
    Welcome to the forum!I've had melasma for 7 yrs now and I've tried everything,believe me,both inside and out.I got tons of advice on this forum and i experimented some for a short time.
    Mine is likely hormonal cos'external treatments doesnt budge a thing.i tried various peels,Lactic,glycolic mandelic and TCA at very low 15 % though and didnt do much,though TCA helped to break up the melasma on my upperlip.I think I'll go back to peels after I've had my baby.OBAGI was useless,such a waste of money.Tried products from SkincareActives to of no use.
    Internally,i did MSM and vitC as well as grapeseed extract,applecidevinegar as some had good results here on SCT,but didnt help me much.I dont know know what else to do.Even a naturopath couldnt help me.this is the most difficult condition to treat and you sort of get tired after awhile.
    Now,i only use VitC serum thats all.How about you,what have you used?
    My melasma is more obvious on my cheekbones on both cheeks and btwn my brows.So,i never step out of the house without makeup and SPF ofcourse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I can definitely relate to getting tired after awhile. It's been 6 months since the real battle (it was very mild since 2013) with melasma began and I am already wanting to throw the towel in. I know that sounds bad but I am at such a loss. My melasma started on my cheeks spread to my forehead, between brows, chin, and worst yet, upper lip. While it is light I still hate it and it is constantly changing. I have tried hydroquinone and azelaic acid. I am currently using kojic acid and meladerm and vit c serum. I can't really say how well it is working because there are days that are darker and others that are lighter. I did have the saliva test done and it showed that I have low progesterone and high testosterone. I am also vitamin D deficiency. I have starting taking supplements for the vit D and I also take MSM, vit C, zinc, magnesium and vit B6. I feel like a walking supplement. I am perimenopause so trying to balance my hormones is a major challenge and I would love to hear from those that have had some success. I really do feel that it is an internal issue as we know that the hormones affect our estrogen receptors. I would also love to hear from those that treated melasma from the inside. What exactly did they do and how has their condition been? BTW, I am diligent about physical sunscreen and avoided the sun like the plague (so depressing). The other question I have for those who have had melasma for more than a year is how have you coped? I am really struggling there. I know people say to just deal with it but for anyone who has melasma we know it is not that easy.

Hey KTMKTM and Somehope,

I have had meslasma for about 4 years, now is in my forehead, checks, and a little on my upper lip.
    I had used a cream from my dermatologis for about 3 year.. he makes it. it kept my stains light.
    However, i didnt go out before 6pm and always had sunscreen , so that really helped to maintein them asleep!
    I went on holiday for four days to the south of Spain, i was white all the time from layers of sunscreen .. but it didnt mater, when i came back, my stains have double !! never saw them grown so fast.. in 4 days they darken much more than in the space of a year.. it was crazy !! i cried for weeks…
    Anyways i tried to use other lightening creams, but unfortunately it seem im allergic to some component in these creams, I've tried plenty and all I did was waste my money and getting red skin...

So now i have tried to aproach this naturally, cuz the dermatologist says there is no cure, use sunscreen and hat… and the doctor says is hormonal… and i dont want to get more chemics in my body to balance them , since it was the pill that gave me melasma!!

I decided to heal my body by balance it, give it all the vitamins it needs combine with a positive thinking.

I have switched to almost vegan/ organic 8 months ago (almost cuz i love beef and rubbish food hehhe) .
    All I eat 90% of the time is veggies, fruits, whole grains, and herbal infusions. Nothing packed or with additives or things like that. So far my melasma is not lightening but it hasnt grown and i have not used any bleach cream for months. I think with this things is time and patience. Additionally for the past 2 weeks I start taking supplements : Vit C 3 x 1000mg, MSM 4 x 1000mg, MACA, Vit D3 1 x 1000IU (i don't let the sun touch my face) vit A and E1000mg each.
    And a week ago, i started to do daily masks since im not using any cream: in the morning, lemon juice on my face let it dry and put some ACV let it sit and rinse. then sunscreen. and at night i vary.. between goat milk & oat, or avocado, or clay or goat yogurt (amazing results) to lighten my skin naturally without intoxicating my body with all those creams. AS soon as i started doing my mask my complexion has change a lot..
    and with my change of diet also!…
    im a firm believer that melasma must be healed from inside out!
    hope this info help you girls…its time to stop being sad and work our journey out of melasma !!!!xx

Hi Andrea, Thank you for the encouragement. How are things going for you? Have you noticed any changes? Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Somehope!

First of all i wanted to say a few things i forgot to say in the last comment:

I do coffee enemas, in order to help my lovely liver to get rid of all the toxins i am fluxing with the daily green juices im drinking and by doing them i discovered that it cheers me up!!, so If you girls ARE SAD because of melasma i strongly recommend doing coffee enemas. I even went online to check if it was just my impression, but not!! coffee enemas are use to treat depression naturally!! and if you are looking to loose some weight it also helps!!! back when i had really sad days due to my melasma i did a coffee enema and felt much happier!!

apart from keeping my melasma from getting worse, my treatment has wonderful side effects!!

1: I feel much happier, ever since I star eating better, giving my body all the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids it needs, I feel better. Also because of the coffee enemas.

2:My skin rules!! even thought i have melasma, my complexion has changed a lot withing the months, my skin is soft, clean and looks super healthy!

3: Amazing body!!.. i have never been this fit in years! dropped 7 kilos.. looking super hot in skinny jeans or tight dresses hehehe so yes.. i have melasma and a killer body!!

4- strong mind; I have notice that i have become much more centered and strong in mi mind.. which means im more calm when i look myself in the mirror and im able to understand melasma in a more relax way and dont breakdown as easy as before becasue of my melanoma or daily problems of life!!

OK so… all this things i have achieved from months of discipline… and yes i have found a bit of change in the past month problaby for all the months of detox…but it was not till very recently. that i found out, i was missing a really important piece of the puzzle, MY BRAIN (HEART & EMOTIONS)!!

I have no time right now because is a bit complicated to explain and what to do it properly.. hehe but what im aiming is that your brains and emotions are a huge part of this healing process, and we usually overlook this part, because we are not race to believe that our mind can talk through our body and i think is why i haven't seem much changes on my melasma until i started to work on my emotions!!

Hughs and kisses!!

Sorry havnt been regular here for awhile.So,I am nursing at the moment and hence no HQ and RA but i have done several peels from MUAC,they have great peels which are affordable too.I must say,my melasma is a lot lighter after I had the baby and the peels helped as well.But,its still there.Am thinking of ordering their phytic acid peel and 15% TCA for spot peel only.I really want to be melasma free.I was on the Lightning thread and the members there have had remarkable lightning results,like totally changed their color,amazing!So,i just wonder how is it that its so hard to treat melasma??

Hi Somehope,you mentioned you have used Meladerm,how effective was it?Have been thinking of trying that too

I think meladerm is a very gentle but effective product. It doesn't work like HQ but I think it is definitely much better for prolonged use.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements