Skin Care Talk banner

help with first TCA 12% muac

45K views 83 replies 5 participants last post by  MrsBurney2015 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.I need some advice on doing my first TCA 12% muac peel.I need as much info as possible on preparation,doing the peel and after care (moisturizers + cleansers+ sunblock) iv done glycolic + salicylic peels before but not TCA!I'm 30 and have very fair skin(blonde blue eyes) and have ALOT of premature aging from sun damage off using sun beds & sun bathing as a teen. Im in the uk btw!I have emu oil (emu oil well) for after the peel and im going to get some aquaphor too.I'm also going to try and get some neosporin but have to order off eBay for that.sunblock I have green people SPF 25. Any help would be great thank you :) :) :)

#56 · (Edited)
@gymrat @Neom

I did the the 12% on my forehead,under eyes to cheeks area last night. I left it on for 5 mins and then done a second layer for 2 mins and yep it does burn!no frosting which i expected.after I neutralised I applied emu oil with a little vitamin e.
Today my skin is normal colour but feels tight under eyes and cheeks.it feels and looks like I've washed my face in washing up liquid hundreds of times!it looks yak!

Gymrat my wrinkles look horrible and 100% times worse but I'm guessing this is normal after a peel day 1?

#60 ·
@gymrat Actually my skin has a slight glazed look due to the dryness but not that shiny look if that makes sense lol!when I twist or pull my mouth to the side I can feel a bit of tightness, I can feel my under eye skin and eye pull down.its quite strange!
Hmmm.......well I guess at this point you wait it out and see if you peel and or flake at all. If your skin is tight as you explain thats more how the skin would be before you peel........

#62 ·
Hi Ladies! Was sick forever with a nasty tummy flu and then Christmas so have been off the grid for way to long. Still haven't bought my 15% yet. But I plan on buying it on Friday.
@annaamia how did the your peel turn out? Any peel or flaking?
@Neom have you done your 15% peel?
@MrsBurney2015 the stomach flu is going around, sorry to hear it caught up with you. Nothing worse than being sick. Hope your back to your normal self soon.

Here you can catch up with Neom and her progress after her peel
http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/43738-Only-gone-and-done-it!-My-TCA-journey/page2

#64 ·
Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I've been here and I hope everyones peels and skin are doing well.

My peels so far -peel no1 a two layer 12% and peel no2 one layer 15%

I've just done my third peel two layer 15%.I had slight frosting and have neosporin on currently. @gymrat do you think I should bump up to 18% ? If so I'll sell my sample 12% and 15% to someone if they'd like them :)

#66 ·
Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I've been here and I hope everyones peels and skin are doing well.

My peels so far -peel no1 a two layer 12% and peel no2 one layer 15%

I've just done my third peel two layer 15%.I had slight frosting and have neosporin on currently. @gymrat do you think I should bump up to 18% ? If so I'll sell my sample 12% and 15% to someone if they'd like them :)
I would wait and see how your results are before bumping up to 18%. The double layer of 15% may be all you need. Wait and see.
Just another question @gymrat .when you apply the TCA and you frost do you neutralise or carry on until 5 mins are over?
When I double layer, if I have frosted in areas with one layer, I don't apply more TCA over that area. Hope this makes sense to you @annaamia, and SO happy to see you posting today!! I wondered how you were getting along with your TCA!!

#67 ·
Thank you @gymrat Things have been very difficult for me the past few months since I was last here I'm afraid.My dear Nana died in January and I've just lost two of my lovely dogs in less than a week.Really terrible time :(
But I'm plodding on and trying to get a routine going and back to normal again xxx

Yes gym that makes sense to me :)
My peels did go well but were mainly flakes and flaking.the second layer of 15% i had light frosting on forehead, under eyes and quite white on my cheek.I freaked at my cheek because it frosted very white 2 mins in and I couldn't remember if you neutralise or leave for the full 5 mins!I neutralised at 3 mins anyway :) I've never had frosting before so its quite eeeekky when it happens lol

#68 ·
Thank you @gymrat Things have been very difficult for me the past few months since I was last here I'm afraid.My dear Nana died in January and I've just lost two of my lovely dogs in less than a week.Really terrible time :(
But I'm plodding on and trying to get a routine going and back to normal again xxx

Yes gym that makes sense to me :)
My peels did go well but were mainly flakes and flaking.the second layer of 15% i had light frosting on forehead, under eyes and quite white on my cheek.I freaked at my cheek because it frosted very white 2 mins in and I couldn't remember if you neutralise or leave for the full 5 mins!I neutralised at 3 mins anyway :) I've never had frosting before so its quite eeeekky when it happens lol
Oh @annaamia, I am SO sorry to hear about your recent loss'. My grandmother was a huge part of my life and when she passed I felt a part of me did as well. I miss her dearly, and always remind myself she is watching from above. Treasure the memories you have, they will not fade, and will last you a lifetime!! :hugs:

As for your dogs.........you poor thing!! What happened that you lost both in a week?? This breaks my heart for you.........dogs become part of your family!! I will tell you, when we lost our lab, she was 17 years old, I had a picture of her painted from a lady on Etsy, it looks SO real, and she copied it from a photo I sent her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you........please take care of yourself. Here is a poem for you........

Text Sky Cloud Paper product

As for you peel, OMG yes!! Your first time frosting can be quite scary, LOL. You probably wondered what in the heck was happening :). Did you apply neosporin on after you rinse off the peel?? I hope so. Did you double layer over the frosting areas?? How is your face looking today??

#69 ·
Hi ladies ~
@annaamia I am so sorry to hear about your losses. That makes me so sad for you.

I have been off the grid myself because of a personal issues. Thought I had a bad stomach flu but it turns out to be colitis, was doing bad for awhile and stopped everything once I got put on meds. I go back for a follow up in April and hope I to start back up with everything if removed from my meds.

Glad to hear your peels have been doing good for you. I'm excited to get back at it. I'll let you ladies know when I take that leap with my first TCA.

#70 ·
Hi ladies ~
@annaamia I am so sorry to hear about your losses. That makes me so sad for you.

I have been off the grid myself because of a personal issues. Thought I had a bad stomach flu but it turns out to be colitis, was doing bad for awhile and stopped everything once I got put on meds. I go back for a follow up in April and hope I to start back up with everything if removed from my meds.

Glad to hear your peels have been doing good for you. I'm excited to get back at it. I'll let you ladies know when I take that leap with my first TCA.
Awwh @MrsBurney2015, I think of you every time I am on this thread........the blinking avi gets me every time :eek:

Colitis, Yikes!! Are you feeling any better since being on meds??

Ya, don't take that leap to TCA until you are back on your feet and feeling normal again. Take care of yourself :hugs:

#72 ·
@gymrat I'm certain your grandmother is watching over you!They never leave us <3

My Nana was a wonderful lady and was always there for us. It still hasn't sunk in to be honest.I still think she's at home sitting in her chair watching all the soaps on TV!

Thank you so much for the poem gym,so touching and kind of you :)
17 years was a fantastic age for your girl!She must have been a huge part of your life.

my Ninthis,13, had been ill for a while with Cushing's disease ,heart failure and dementia so I had to make the awful decision to put her to sleep.my other girl,kira 9 1/2, had heart failure and cancer but was doing well on her medications. Just a few days after Nina passed away she started vomiting,had diarrhea and went off her food. The vet thought a stomach bug but the next day she started having seizure's. The vet done blood tests and said her kidney's had failed and be best to put her to sleep. I asked if I could ring my mum and took kira outside in her stroller with me .While I was trying to get in touch with my mum she had another seizure and didn't wake up.I couldn't believe she'd gone right there in front of me,it was heart braking.so I lost two fur babies in just 5 days.devastating.I had Nina since I was 18 and kira since I was 21,miss them so much.

As for my peel,its going really well :) I kept neosporin on for 48 hrs and started peeling the 3rd or 4th day I think. I didnt go over the frosted bits again, no :) This peel is better than my other two and I've had little pieces of my face falling off all week :) I'm going to do another 3 in September time I think!

#74 ·
@gymrat I'm certain your grandmother is watching over you!They never leave us <3

My Nana was a wonderful lady and was always there for us. It still hasn't sunk in to be honest.I still think she's at home sitting in her chair watching all the soaps on TV!

Thank you so much for the poem gym,so touching and kind of you :)
17 years was a fantastic age for your girl!She must have been a huge part of your life.

my Ninthis,13, had been ill for a while with Cushing's disease ,heart failure and dementia so I had to make the awful decision to put her to sleep.my other girl,kira 9 1/2, had heart failure and cancer but was doing well on her medications. Just a few days after Nina passed away she started vomiting,had diarrhea and went off her food. The vet thought a stomach bug but the next day she started having seizure's. The vet done blood tests and said her kidney's had failed and be best to put her to sleep. I asked if I could ring my mum and took kira outside in her stroller with me .While I was trying to get in touch with my mum she had another seizure and didn't wake up.I couldn't believe she'd gone right there in front of me,it was heart braking.so I lost two fur babies in just 5 days.devastating.I had Nina since I was 18 and kira since I was 21,miss them so much.

As for my peel,its going really well :) I kept neosporin on for 48 hrs and started peeling the 3rd or 4th day I think. I didnt go over the frosted bits again, no :) This peel is better than my other two and I've had little pieces of my face falling off all week :) I'm going to do another 3 in September time I think!
Its probably best to think your Nana is at home doing what she always does. Sometimes its the best coping mechanism. It will all hit you when you least expect it, like the time you go to place that phone call. I used to call my gma daily, depended on her for all her special recipes.......its times like that, that throw me for a loop. Death to me is a horrible thing........I wish we could all live forever!!

You dog story breaks my heart!! My parents just lost one of their dogs to seizures. They actually have brother/sister from the same liter 13 yrs old, and had to put one down. The remaining brother isn't handling it well at all, and I see him not lasting much longer. They miss their mates and I am sure that is what happened to your Kira. They get depressed just like humans do. Do you see yourself getting another dog anytime soon??

Hooray!! So glad your having good results with your peel. The frosting will give you much better results, no doubt about that. But sometimes its hard for use to bring our skin to the frosting stage. I don't frost all over, just in certain spots.

Hang in there my friend!! :hugs: @annaamia

#75 ·
@gymrat yes death is a horrible and painful thing to deal with.I think if we could keep these special people and animals forever we would!And thank you so much gym for all your kindness <3 I know your very busy on the forum so I really appreciate it very much :)

As for my peel, it has finished now and I'm pleased witb how it went, but I definitely need to do more :) I'm either going to wait 6 months to repeat what I've done or wait 3 but I'm not sure.If I do wait 3 months I'll probably just spot treat under my eyes but I don't know.

Do you think a spot treatment under eyes would be ok @gymrat or wait full 6 months?

#77 ·
@gymrat yes death is a horrible and painful thing to deal with.I think if we could keep these special people and animals forever we would!And thank you so much gym for all your kindness <3 I know your very busy on the forum so I really appreciate it very much :)

As for my peel, it has finished now and I'm pleased witb how it went, but I definitely need to do more :) I'm either going to wait 6 months to repeat what I've done or wait 3 but I'm not sure.If I do wait 3 months I'll probably just spot treat under my eyes but I don't know.

Do you think a spot treatment under eyes would be ok @gymrat or wait full 6 months?
Spot treating is totally fine. I would rather spot treat when I can, it's much easier to deal with in my opinion.
@annaamia my heart goes out to you and I commend you on your courage to share. Know that in these difficult times you are surrounded by love on earth and from heaven. Your nanak sounds like a wonderful person and I'm sure she watches over you as your angel.

As for your furry babies , did you know all dogs go to heaven? They are like children as all they really do is love you and all they ask in return is that you love them back. But our loved ones never leave us rather stay with us in our hearts.

I'm happy for you that you are taking care of yourself and doing something nice for yourself. You are wonderful , brave and beautiful and I hope you always remember that.
Awwh @TanYummy, your an animal lover........makes you super extra special to me :knuddel:, my animals are the world to me, they love unconditionally, they can make a crappy day, turn into an awesome day, just by the wag of a tail.

#76 ·
@annaamia my heart goes out to you and I commend you on your courage to share. Know that in these difficult times you are surrounded by love on earth and from heaven. Your nanak sounds like a wonderful person and I'm sure she watches over you as your angel.

As for your furry babies , did you know all dogs go to heaven? They are like children as all they really do is love you and all they ask in return is that you love them back. But our loved ones never leave us rather stay with us in our hearts.

I'm happy for you that you are taking care of yourself and doing something nice for yourself. You are wonderful , brave and beautiful and I hope you always remember that.

#78 ·
@gymrat yes girl yasssss! I love all our furry friends , we have to love them and take care of them as they are very innocent and truly mean no harm. All they want is love:eek:

You're very special to me too:) even though I just became part of this forum you make it very easy to talk to, it almost as if I've known you forever. You have a very positive and kind demeanor and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way;)

#80 ·
@gymrat yes girl yasssss! I love all our furry friends , we have to love them and take care of them as they are very innocent and truly mean no harm. All they want is love:eek:

You're very special to me too:) even though I just became part of this forum you make it very easy to talk to, it almost as if I've known you forever. You have a very positive and kind demeanor and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way;)
@TanYummy Cartoon Emoticon Yellow Clip art Icon

#82 ·
I had to come back to this posts as this was the first place/thread I decided I was going to try the TCA peel. We’ll ladies 2 &1/2 years later(longer??)I finally did my first one at 18%. I frosted very quick and only lasted about 3 mins. 😬

It so weird bc I searched for this post so I could finally give an update and reading through it I saw 2 1/2 years ago I was going through a horrible colitis flareup (first time) and at this very moment going through the same thing (not as bad as the first time) but I didn’t let it me hold it back from going through with my TCA this time!! 🤞🏼for good results and I definitely will be doing another one.

Not sure who is on here still besides gymrat but hope all is well with everyone!!

#83 ·
Yep I'm here :wavey: so proud of you!! Was it as scary as you anticipated?? Its just the unknown that gets us the most. Once you've done one, you will know what to expect next time. Keep me posted on how things are looking,......remember if your red keep neosporin on, otherwise, just use a basic, gentle cleanser or even just splash with water, no makeup, keep it simple. Your skin will get dark, tight, you will see changes in the next few days. So exciting!!

As for your flair up.....I'm so sorry to hear that!! But isn't is weird to look back and see that around the same time a few yrs ago you had a flare up......makes me wonder about the time of yr for you. Stay hydrated, and I hope your Dr has you on meds, bless you :heart: take care of yourself!!

#84 ·
Yep I'm here
so proud of you!! Was it as scary as you anticipated?? Its just the unknown that gets us the most. Once you've done one, you will know what to expect next time. Keep me posted on how things are looking,......remember if your red keep neosporin on, otherwise, just use a basic, gentle cleanser or even just splash with water, no makeup, keep it simple. Your skin will get dark, tight, you will see changes in the next few days. So exciting!!

As for your flair up.....I'm so sorry to hear that!! But isn't is weird to look back and see that around the same time a few yrs ago you had a flare up......makes me wonder about the time of yr for you. Stay hydrated, and I hope your Dr has you on meds, bless you
take care of yourself!!
@gymrat exactly!! It’s the unknown but know that I know what to expect it won’t be so scary the next time. I am sooo happy I finally did it and excited to see the outcome.

I will keep neosporine on until I’m done being red and probably will just stick to some water on the face for a day or 2. I will keep it simple!! I know I say it all the time but seriously thank you for being here for me through this 2 year process, lol and encouraging me, I don’t know if I would have ever done it without your reassurance, you are the best and I will keep you updated.

Yes doc has me back in steroids 😑which I hate and an antacid, so things should be back to normal soon, just taking awhile to get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.