Sterotype Yourself - Page 3

Thread: Sterotype Yourself

@gymrat just discovered the off topic threads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steviegirl View Post
    @gymrat just discovered the off topic threads.
    @steviegirl Where have you been my friend!! Yes, yes, we've had some good times over here
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by steviegirl View Post
    I'm so the opposite. But I too am extremely impatient especially in driving situations, traffic and ignorant drivers make me crazy!!

I am sooooooo guilty !!!!!
    Also seem to be more intolerant of general ignorance and the woe is me life, as i get older. A wee bit anal too. I like things to be in their place. With you 100% on the self control.
    Oh my........you could be my twin

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Whenever we don't have a good understanding of a subject, say, of people or countries, then we tend to make assumptions about them. Stereotype is nothing but those assumptions that have become common knowledge. Whenever you make judgments about people without knowing them, you are stereotyping them. Stereotyping makes people generalize things. So, .....if you had to Sterotype yourself, what would it be?? Do elaborate on why you think you are this type so we can get an idea of how we see each other. I will go first.........hmmmmm, clearly, I am a gymrat, but that goes without saying I'd have to say I am in the middle of Clean Freak/Germaphobic/Animal lover.....everything has it's place, I run a tight ship, it makes me cranky when there is disarray. I wipe things down constantly, all day, everyday. Its the first thing I do when I rise and the last thing I do before I hit the pillow. Not to mention the million times throughout the day!! I also have an extremely soft for animals and will nurture them to the fullest!! Anyone who knows me, knows this about me. Those who find strays, know my number and I am always willing and able to care for this animal until I can find the perfect home for it. I will take most animals on, EXCEPT for reptiles!! Gosh, I think I could go on.......and sterotype myself too so many other types, but most of all I think I am a REALIST!! There you have it........
    I would say I'm a powerful person, kind, patient, willing to change..
    I'm actually in a progress to heal myself so I would say I became somebody else thank God. I went through a lot and a lot.. I wasn't strong and confident. I wasn't interested to meet with people and I had a lack of communication skills. I was so afraid of everything around me and all of that got me into too many issues. I have started to do a research in a college 2 years ago, but because all of the issues I had I couldn't cope with the group and my supervisor and also some of them took adventage of my personality and bullying me! I felt very frustrated and I never could express myself and my feeling! I saw a consellor for a few times but didn't help at all. I chatted with a friend of mine and that could help a little bit, she recommended some books for Louise Hay and from there my journey of healing has began! The books helped to open me a little bit to life, then I tried to attend some workshop and classes, including; meditation( it helped a lot) yoga( was very good for my body and my mind as it made me flexible) I also tried accupancture(was a good experience), a speacial dancing for self expressing, I kept trying different things and recently I turned up in some powerful talks, but what really helped me a lot and kind of has changed my life compeletly and gounded me is Reiki. I also heard about it from my friend. I wanted to give it a try. And I went for a session. The practitioner was very nice woman, and she also provides counceltation. She gave me some miracles advices in everything. She has my gratitude. Beside those sessions I did read a book which I call it a diamond! It really has changed the way I think and my attitude towards people, friends and my family! I'm finally exist to this life, I'm finally on earth, although sometimes I go back to the old way of thinking but I tried my best to come back to the present and live moment by moment.. this way helped me a lot..
    Sorry if I have written a lot here but wanted to share my journey with you guys and probably someone in need would get inspired and motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryyy View Post
    I'm actually in a progress to heal myself so I would say I became somebody else thank God. I went through a lot and a lot.. I wasn't strong and confident. I wasn't interested to meet with people and I had a lack of communication skills. I was so afraid of everything around me and all of that got me into too many issues. I have started to do a research in a college 2 years ago, but because all of the issues I had I couldn't cope with the group and my supervisor and also some of them took adventage of my personality and bullying me! I felt very frustrated and I never could express myself and my feeling! I saw a consellor for a few times but didn't help at all. I chatted with a friend of mine and that could help a little bit, she recommended some books for Louise Hay and from there my journey of healing has began! The books helped to open me a little bit to life, then I tried to attend some workshop and classes, including; meditation( it helped a lot) yoga( was very good for my body and my mind as it made me flexible) I also tried accupancture(was a good experience), a speacial dancing for self expressing, I kept trying different things and recently I turned up in some powerful talks, but what really helped me a lot and kind of has changed my life compeletly and gounded me is Reiki. I also heard about it from my friend. I wanted to give it a try. And I went for a session. The practitioner was very nice woman, and she also provides counceltation. She gave me some miracles advices in everything. She has my gratitude. Beside those sessions I did read a book which I call it a diamond! It really has changed the way I think and my attitude towards people, friends and my family! I'm finally exist to this life, I'm finally on earth, although sometimes I go back to the old way of thinking but I tried my best to come back to the present and live moment by moment.. this way helped me a lot..
    Sorry if I have written a lot here but wanted to share my journey with you guys and probably someone in need would get inspired and motivated.
    @marr yyy.......luv it thanks for sharing

@Maryyy ......luv ur story thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Maryyy View Post
    What a great story!! So happy you have found something that has helped get through this thing we call "life". I've never tried meditation, or Reiki, I have tried yoga, and acupuncture....your proof that once you find your nitch it makes things a bit easier to cope. Good for you @Maryyy

When people first see me they think I appear
    unapproachable
    mean (I'm sarcastic, cynical etc...but I'm really one of the coolest chicks you'll meet)
    from the west indies (I'm tired of Jamaicans walkn up to me talking Patois or whatever, or they think from "one of them islands")
    very dominant personality (this is true though)
    I've been told by more than a few that I act like their 'crazy ass aunty' lol like wdf
    Two things I don't play about...Food & MoneyHidden Content

Honestly, I think I'm all of these things, and you know what, I'm cool with it! I am who I am, and all that I'm not, I'll never be.
    Two things I don't play about...Food & MoneyHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMonday View Post
    When people first see me they think I appear
    unapproachable
    mean (I'm sarcastic, cynical etc...but I'm really one of the coolest chicks you'll meet)
    from the west indies (I'm tired of Jamaicans walkn up to me talking Patois or whatever, or they think from "one of them islands")
    very dominant personality (this is true though)
    I've been told by more than a few that I act like their 'crazy ass aunty' lol like wdf
    LOL I like that!! Good for you to feel that way about yourself.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements