How long for tranexamic acid and supplements to take effect?

Thread: How long for tranexamic acid and supplements to take effect?

How long for tranexamic acid and supplements to take effect?

I have melasma above my upper lip which I think is dermal. I also have splotchy freckles over the majority of my face. Caused by the pill. After trawling these forums I have invested in the following and started to take them yesterday with this routine: (If anyone has suggestions about best time to take them etc or any changes I shoud make, all advice is greatly appreciated) Morning after breakfast: Tranexamic acid 250mg MSM 1000mg Vitamin C 1000mg After supper: Grapefruit seed extract capsules 400mg Zinc picolinate 22mg Omega 3 vegetarian gels Cover face in 15% mandelic acid serum and layer on upper lip. Please can someone give me some hope that this is going to work. I am beyond miserable . How long is it going to take? I've had it for about 3 years now and I've tried everything topically . Any recommendations for a good sunscreen made with zinc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I am sorry to hear you have melasma. As you know it is so horrible to deal with. I have read quite a few ppl have had good success with the TA. Sounds like you are on the right track with your routine. As for sunscreen: if you have oily skin I think Elta MD is pretty good. Still leaves me a bit oily but not to bad. Unfortunately it only has 9% zinc so you will need something stronger if in the sun. If you don't have oily skin than juice beauty has a great organic sunscreen that has 20% zinc. Also keep on hand Colorescience powder. It's very high in zinc and SPF 50. As for how long TA takes...everyone is different. I read anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks to see any results.

Hi Somehope, thanks so much for replying. It means a lot that there are other people out there who care and understand. The Elta MD sounds good since I do have oily skin.

Just some extra info that I didn't include, I am a vegetarian and have an underactive thyroid (autoimmune). I took the pill from age of 14 for acne (Dianette), then the melasma started or became obvious about a year after the doctor made me change pill to Yasmin, so when I was about 21. Now I have stopped with hormonal birth control entirely.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I looked in the mirror just now (just woke up haha), and the worst part of my melasma looks a lot lighter! I am not getting my hopes up yet until I have used a facial scrub as maybe dead skin is obscuring the colour or something due to the mandelic serum I'm using. Will update if I become 100% sure I'm seeing something - it's only the 4th day right now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi Rayana, How is it going with the TA? Are you having lightening?

Hi Somehope, thanks for your message.

I'm on the 11th day of the TA now (as well as the vitamins) but I don't think I've seen any lightening . I thought I did for a moment but I think it was just because the mandelic acid caused the skin to be peeling so much it masked it until it all flaked off. Because of the amount of peeling I've reduced to 2 days on 2 days off. On the off days I'm using antifungal creams on my face. I'm literally going in from every angle.

I still have hope as it seems a few did not get the very fast lightening with the TA. I will keep updating if I notice any change. I have before pics too so I have something to compare to, and if it works I will post before and afters.

hi ryana I took TA 250 mg 2 times (morning/night)my melasma are fade in 4 weeks i think only TA is worked for me i tried many method to treat melasma i fonded!! hope u too

Hey hun you are taking 250mg which is low to see results you should take 500 mg per day you will start seeing results

Oops! I forgot to write that I am taking 250mg TA in the evening too. Still not seen any results . I missed a couple of doses due to staying out overnight unexpectedly, but back onto it religiously now. I reaaally hope I start to see something soon. Considering trying IPL again just for the upper lip area as it's so bad and noticeable and the IPL did seem to help before - but it made my skin texture go weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryana View Post
    Oops! I forgot to write that I am taking 250mg TA in the evening too. Still not seen any results . I missed a couple of doses due to staying out overnight unexpectedly, but back onto it religiously now. I reaaally hope I start to see something soon. Considering trying IPL again just for the upper lip area as it's so bad and noticeable and the IPL did seem to help before - but it made my skin texture go weird...

Hi dear,Although its been years but I am bumping the thread in a hopeto hear an update from you.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements