Vitiligo - Monobenzone Journey to depigmentation - Page 2

Thread: Vitiligo - Monobenzone Journey to depigmentation

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    I know someone who used these pills and even got monobenzone injections.These are just a waste of money and time.
    I don't know how mono soap can help in depigmentation but monobenzone cream is what really works...
    I agree that the pills are a waste of money b/c i didnt react to it.
    when i apply the cream on my face, i get a sense of burning on my skin, i get that same burning sensation with the soap, hence i feel it might be worth a shot.

i ordered 2 bars, so will use it daily and keep the forum updated of the results.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I agree with "Cloud" that the soap and the pills are a waste of time. Think of the logic of a pill. It cannot differentiate what tissues to depigment and what tissues not to depigment. That would mean it would be dangerous for you if it was really and truly effective. It would cause ocular retinal depigmentation and put you at risk for blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoils View Post
    I agree with "Cloud" that the soap and the pills are a waste of time. Think of the logic of a pill. It cannot differentiate what tissues to depigment and what tissues not to depigment. That would mean it would be dangerous for you if it was really and truly effective. It would cause ocular retinal depigmentation and put you at risk for blindness.
    Ya,you are right about ocular retinal depigmentation.But that will only happen if those pills really have monobenzone.
    I think the seller is filling those pills with glutathione and not mono.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Update Day 32
    Been using the cream for a little over the month mark. using the cream twice a day 20% monobenzone, not sure if noticing any difference.
    skin does not get irritated any longer.
    wasted money on the pills....learnt a lesson, not to trust just about everything on the internet!! lol

anyways, maybe i have noticed some lightening but not sure how significant. i had some white spots on the side of my eyes, can't really notice them anymore.
    i have not had to cover up much white spots on the face using make up lately, instead i can just put my foundation and the face is starting to look even.

my hands have lightened minimally in patches but its just lightening, not the white spots like i have.

i know this is an extremely slow and irreversible journey, but its hard to stay away from my baby when i apply this cream.

i have spoke to my dermatologist about my progress and he said if no significant effects in the next few weeks, we will consider going up to 40% strength of monobenzone but it will be more irritating to the skin.

my derm has used up to 60% of strength in the past to treat his vitligo patients in a 6 month time frame.

will keep updated.

any opinions, experiences, suggestions appreciated.
    thank you all.

my skin on the hand is starting to look similar to her face, but not quite this whitish in color....
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-lightening/using-monobenzone-last-months-463441.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3533321/
    my doctor referred me this case report of a man that used monobenzone 20% two times a day for 3.5 months and achieved total depigmentation - he has vitiligo.
    mine is not as extensive as his, but still have spots. i been using monobenzone for almost 6 weeks now and i have ligthened just a little bit, now i have 3 shades - one dark (my natural color), one super white (vitiligo color) and one in the middle - almost looks like i have dirt on my skin and i need to wash it off but nothing comes off
    I also started using retinol facewash and moisturizer but my doctor said that can take 6 months to see any results.
    hopefully plans are to increase my monobenzone to 40% sometime in the next month if i am not showing aggressive results.
    i no longer get any burning sensation when i apply the cream on my skin, my doctor also mentioned that was normal since now i am getting used to the cream.
    i have ordered the prosonic exfoliator for exfoliation before i can apply the cream to open up the pores, although this was not recommended by my physician, i read about it online and it kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael5001 View Post
    From where you bought it. is fairnglow monobenzone or Benoquik. All doctors are saying Benoquik is better than benoquin and advised not use Benoquin. But Benoquik is very costly. Is fairnglow monobenzone is ok????
    in USA, benoquin is not available readily. my doctor wrote me a prescription of monobenzone 20% and i have it compounded at a pharmacy here in town.

i have heard about benoquin or albaquin creams that has monobenzone 20% - the way my doctor explained to me is that they all have monobenzone chemical but the base cream is different - some use cheap base cream which makes skin very irritated and dry b/c of the chemical burn - some have expensive moisturizer/emollient based cream which prevents any skin irritation.

again buy from a good reviewed source cuz you want the product to be legit and real.

do you have vitligo? or are you doing this for skin lightening?

Update from my side.
    Almost end of 2 months using monobenzone.
    currently using 20% monobenzone about 2 times a day....no more irritation of the skin. my skin has started developing patches but im still not evening out.
    my doctor has decided to go up to 40% monobenzone cream now, will start using it tomorrow. will update with results soon.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by anisha2939 View Post
    Update from my side.
    Almost end of 2 months using monobenzone.
    currently using 20% monobenzone about 2 times a day....no more irritation of the skin. my skin has started developing patches but im still not evening out.
    my doctor has decided to go up to 40% monobenzone cream now, will start using it tomorrow. will update with results soon.
    thank you
    Hey Anisha,congrats hun.Nice to know that your skin is used to monobenzone now and thanks for the update.
    Is it possible if you could upload a pic of your patches.Because this will help people with vitiligo and those who don't have vitiligo and are thinking about using mono.
    Many people with vitiligo suffer in silence and their doctors don't help them with depigmentation treatment.Some don't even know about this treatment.

Update monobenzone - im approaching my 3 month line of using the monobenzone cream ( i started april 2, 2015).
    currently using 40% monobenzone, only on my face, arms, neck. the progress is really noticeable.
    The spots on my face and neck are almost disappeared and one color since the surrounding skin has lightened quite a bit.
    my arms are coming along nice as well.
    seems like the skin is gradually lightening all together instead of spotty patches which is making the course very smooth.
    my neck have also evened out pretty nicely.
    will post pictures. thank you

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements