Skin Care Talk banner

Vitiligo - Monobenzone Journey to depigmentation

36K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  ANICOLE88 
#1 ·
My journey to depigmentation.
I have suffered from vitiligo for quite some time and have tried everything in the books to have my normal skin color back.
now i am tired of living with spots!!! tired of people asking so many questions, treating me like an untouchable!!!

Having vilitog over 50% of my body in spotty patchy form, i have decided to depigment completely!!! I understand this is permanent and have put in a lot of thought in to it.

I tried looking at alot of reviews for monobenzone from a patient that has used it to treat their vilitgo but found very less information, hence would like to start a thread where i can help people suffering from vilitgo that want to have or achieve one color in life.

My dermatologist prescribed Monobenzone 20% and asked me to apply it sparingly once a day. i started the application 5 days ago, and obviously like every person out there wanted quick results so started applying it twice a day and on my face as well.....
my face is super irritated now, the area around my eyes is swollen and red, so i am avoiding face for now and only applying on neck and arms. will apply to my torso, back and legs later when i have achieved good results on visible parts of body.

per my husband, my face is already showing little results, he states the white spots dont look AS WHITE, either maybe b/c they have settled down or the surrounding skin has brightened a little bit.

when i put the cream, the only place it irritates is my face and causes a little burning sensation, but that subsides fairly quickly and nothing unbearable.

i avoid touching anybody else or rub my skin for atleast the next hour or so and rinse it off after 2-3 hours.
i have not yet tried going out in the sun (i wait till its evening), but have bought heavy duty spf to use.

i will keep updating my results to achieve depigmentation completely, if there is anybody else in this journey, please stay in touch through this forum.

i am open to any suggestions/recommendations and need all the support.
thank you

See less See more
#40 ·
Baby is 5 months now, haven?t applied monobenzone in over a year now. Due to hormonal changes my skin has darkened evenly and I have freckles on my arms. Can?t wait to stop breastfeeding so I can start cream again.
Areas that?s were depigmented by themselves without the cream has not gotten the original color back, it?s only the area that I had applied the cream on that is getting pigmented.
I?m sure it?s hormonal.

#44 ·
Yes did have irritation the first month, which subsided, I had to make sure to stay away from sun, apply sun screen when outside and use moisturizer for dry skin.
I also switched pharmacies after a month and they used a different mixing lotion which was more hydrating, hence did not leave my skin very dry or irritated.
Goodluck. How is your journey going? Where all do you have vitiligo?
Post pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.