Vitiligo - Monobenzone Journey to depigmentation - Page 3

Thread: Vitiligo - Monobenzone Journey to depigmentation

@anisha2939 Very well done! That's nice and even. Great progress.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    @anisha2939 Very well done! That's nice and even. Great progress.
    thank you. are you using monobenzone as well?

Quote Originally Posted by anisha2939 View Post
    thank you. are you using monobenzone as well?
    Nope, just admiring your progress. I'm here for general skin care and skin lightening in general.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@anisha2939 congrats hun!
    Your patches look few shades lighter than your original skin color. I have used monobenzone in past and I also have light spots on the places where I used mono.But I got spots from 20% mono.
    I thought that monobenzone give white spots or patches.But your patches also look similar to my spots.So does this mean that if one wants to go completely white,he/she has to keep applying it till the skin get really white?
    But then this also means that some places will be more light than others....correct me if I am wrong pls

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    @anisha2939 congrats hun!
    Your patches look few shades lighter than your original skin color. I have used monobenzone in past and I also have light spots on the places where I used mono.But I got spots from 20% mono.
    I thought that monobenzone give white spots or patches.But your patches also look similar to my spots.So does this mean that if one wants to go completely white,he/she has to keep applying it till the skin get really white?
    But then this also means that some places will be more light than others....correct me if I am wrong pls
    well i had vitiligo, so i do have really pale white spots, the first picture is of me with patches. i think applying the cream is giving me an even brightening instead of patches....but i think everybody is different.

initially i was lightening at some spots faster then others so i did have some patchiness areas of different colors rather then just pale white ones.

i can't wait till im all one color. although my skin has lightened quite a bit, its not completely pale or depigmented yet. my doctor said it will take 2-4 more months to completely depigment.

@anisha2939 so you started lightening when you went from 20% to 40% monobenzone...right?
    It's really nice to hear that you are lightening evenly and not in patches.I think this is due to the formulation of your cream because I read that patches and spots occur due to other things added in monobenzone.
    I also read that uneven lightening can also occur due to uneven application of cream.

Anyway,do you apply it all over your body including face?

What will be your life like after total depigmentation.I mean to say did your doctor tell you about maintenance?
    What will be repigmnetation like?
    I read that repigmentation is very difficult to treat and it can even fail even with 40% monobenzone and thats why doctors don't go higher than 20% in depigmentation treatment.Because you need higher % of mono for treating repigmnetation and you can't go higher than 40%.
    I hope you don't mind my questions.I am trying to educate myself about depigmentation treatment so that I can prepare myself for this treatment.

Take care and have a safe lightening journey

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    @anisha2939 so you started lightening when you went from 20% to 40% monobenzone...right?
    It's really nice to hear that you are lightening evenly and not in patches.I think this is due to the formulation of your cream because I read that patches and spots occur due to other things added in monobenzone.
    I also read that uneven lightening can also occur due to uneven application of cream.

Anyway,do you apply it all over your body including face?

What will be your life like after total depigmentation.I mean to say did your doctor tell you about maintenance?
    What will be repigmnetation like?
    I read that repigmentation is very difficult to treat and it can even fail even with 40% monobenzone and thats why doctors don't go higher than 20% in depigmentation treatment.Because you need higher % of mono for treating repigmnetation and you can't go higher than 40%.
    I hope you don't mind my questions.I am trying to educate myself about depigmentation treatment so that I can prepare myself for this treatment.

Take care and have a safe lightening journey
    i did notice a big difference when i jumped to 40% of monobenzone.
    i do apply the cream evenly and rub it in on my entire face (except around my eyes), neck and arms.
    my dermatologist did not recommend any maintainence application, he said he has not needed to do this for his previous patients. so once im done with depgiemenatation, i am done.
    he has used up to 60% monobenzone in his practicde and the pharmacy that i get my monobenzone has formulated that percentage for him.
    he said it is unlikely that i will repigment but if i do, it will be the color form the hair cells which monobenzone does not penetrate through and hence it is so difficult to treat.
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by anisha2939 View Post
    i did notice a big difference when i jumped to 40% of monobenzone.
    i do apply the cream evenly and rub it in on my entire face (except around my eyes), neck and arms.
    my dermatologist did not recommend any maintainence application, he said he has not needed to do this for his previous patients. so once im done with depgiemenatation, i am done.
    he has used up to 60% monobenzone in his practicde and the pharmacy that i get my monobenzone has formulated that percentage for him.
    he said it is unlikely that i will repigment but if i do, it will be the color form the hair cells which monobenzone does not penetrate through and hence it is so difficult to treat.
    hope this helps
    This is what I was talking about and that's what scares me...lol
    Anyway,thanks hun so much for the info and wish you all the best in your journey

Hi i,m grayeys and i have had melasma on my face now over 5yrs i have tried just everything on the planet and nothing i mean nothing has works do you know of any product that has shown any hope of lightening dark areas on the dace i,ve even gone to dernatolgist and paid lots of money for expensive creams taht dont lighten at all

Hello do you know if this product can also be used for helping with melasma this is a facial condition sometime caused my pregancy and hormones but i have tried so many different products on the planet and i can,t find anything to even lighten theses dark areas on my face sign HELP!!!!!!!!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements