• 1/3 cup olive oil
    • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
    • 1 clove garlic, chopped
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • fresh ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
    2. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
    3. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Ingredients

• 1 (10 ounce) package baby greens
    • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    • 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
    • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
    • 1 apple peeled cored and sliced
    • 1 avocado peeled pitted and diced

• 1 canned of mandarin oranges
    • 1 lemon juiced
    • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
    • 1 clove garlic minced
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. In a large bowl, toss together the baby greens, red onion, walnuts, blue cheese, and lemon zest. Mix in the apple and avocado just before serving.
    2. In a container with a lid, mix the mandarin orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, pepper and salt. Drizzle over the salad as desired.

Side Note: If you want a more of a crunch to your walnuts you can toast them. I toss a few pieces of chopped spicy chicken on top or some shrimps.

I made this salad today!! First time I've ever cooked lentils Ingredients 1 cup dry lentils (green or brown) 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained 1 red bell pepper 1/2 small red onion 1-2 roma tomatoes Large bunch cilantro, stems removed Optional: green onion {For the dressing} Juice of 1 lime (I used 4 limes) 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1 tsp. dijon mustard 1-2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp. cumin 1/2 tsp. oregano 1/8 tsp. salt Optional: chipotle powder, chili powder, pepper, hot sauce, other seasonings, etc. Directions Cook lentils according to package directions, leaving firm not mushy. Drain. While lentils are cooking, make the dressing: place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside. Finely dice the bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Roughly chop the cilantro. In a large bowl, place the black beans, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, and lentils. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Add cilantro, and lightly toss. Serve immediately or chill covered in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Serve immediately or chill covered in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors combine.
    This look really yummy gymmie!! Thanks for sharing sweetie. Do you have anymore salad recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    This look really yummy gymmie!! Thanks for sharing sweetie. Do you have anymore salad recipes?
    Do you cook much using lentils?? I was looking for a high protien salad thats how I ended up with the one I choose. Allowing it to chill in the fridge is a MUST prior to serving. This is another I like making.......something about green apples/cranberries/pecans in a salad APPLE CRANBERRY PECAN SALAD Refreshing spinach salad tossed in the most amazing lemon vinaigrette! INGREDIENTS 6 cups baby spinach 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced ( I use 2-3) 1/2 cup pecan halves 1/3 cup pomegranate arils 1/3 cup dried cranberries 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 1 lemon, juiced and zested 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon poppy seeds INSTRUCTIONS To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside. Place spinach in a large bowl; top with apples, pecans, pomegranate arils, cranberries and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Whala

Place spinach in a large bowl; top with apples, pecans, pomegranate arils, cranberries and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Whala
    Yes, pretty much making soups. I'm a big soup eater

Thanks, I'm going to try this one for sure!!! Love anything that has apples, cranberries and pecans in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieNerd View Post
    Yes, pretty much making soups. I'm a big soup eater
    I'm a soup girl too Hippie!! Tortilla soup is my favorite!! :yum:

I'm a soup girl too Hippie!! Tortilla soup is my favorite!!
    Yay, I've got so many soup recipes to share

Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette

Ingredients

• 1 cup sliced almonds
    • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    • 1/3 cup olive oil
    • 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons water
    • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
    • 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
    • 1 pound mixed salad greens

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
    2. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
    3. In a large bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.

Keep those coming

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements